Is this for real?

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Digital Eye Candy

Established Member
Impact
78
Hi guys,

I am really new to domaining. I purchased a domain last week. This morning I got the following email offering to buy the domain for $55, 000:

Hello!

I represent a buyer from Japan who wants to purchase xxxxxxxxxxxxxx for a new web project.

I've found your address via WHO IS.

My client is interested in purchasing your domain. If it's still for sale please get back to me.

He offers a good price. If it's not enough please let me know.

I'm working with many investors in Japan. If you have other names please email me the list.

Best regards,

Yuko Kitano

Domain Broker

CPI Hosting Inc.

Tokyo

Japan

Phone: 816776495331


I have done some searches to check if the email is showing as a spammer and nothing is appearing.

So the question is, do you think this email genuine? And how do I respond to determine that it is?

If anyone has had any experience with this I is would appreciate some help.

Many thanks.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
SCAM !!!
Today I received a similar email from hosting company from Korea , asking me to get a certificate for my domain to close the deal !!!!!
 
1
•••

Attachments

  • scam.jpg
    scam.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
1
•••
Clearly Scam...:xf.smile:
 
1
•••
Got the same email this morning.
 
1
•••
A scam! Sometime they ask if you are a member of namepros.com or any other forum. in order for them to know if you are a good maga or not
 
1
•••
2
•••
Fake offer, just ignore him.
 
1
•••
I received one of those few months back, it's a SCAM!!!
 
1
•••
just ignore it my friend 100% scam!
 
1
•••
I received a similar email many moths ago. I, too, can confirm that it's a scam.
 
1
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back