IT.COM

Largest domainers in India/Korea/China/Japan/Asia

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hello,
I'm writing a book in French about domain names and I wanted to present rapidly the main players in Asia.
I plan to introduce the Indian companies Directi, Softnik and maybe eSiksha.com. Also the largest Chinese and Japanese registrars and marketlplaces such as 4.cn
Is there any prominent domainer/ domain investment company in India, China, Korea or Japan?
From my understanding, the Chinese market is very different from Europe, with a lot of small players but not worldwide renowned domain names experts. Also some investors with big money but Domain names is only seen as a financial asset.
I know that Korea has been a pioneer in our industry, but is there any company or domainer with a public presence ? Same for Japan, I see a lot Hypnos and Helios in DC auctions and I guess that Hypnos is a famous Japanese SEO but I would appreciate more information on that.
Thanks in advance !

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sounds like they will be bothered all day long if they put hand up.

•••
Sounds like they will be bothered all day long if they put hand up.
you mean that they are very numerous?
In that case, I just want to know about the major players, equivalent to Rick Schwartz or Mike Mann in the US
I've identified several different models in Europe and they seem much more sophisticated and effective that the poor storytelling of US merchants. I would like to know more about what domainers mostly do in Asia, except spam and cybersquatting which is the apparent part of their activity

•••
Why would anyone want to tell you what they do and paint target on themselves for spam.

•••
Why would anyone want to tell you what they do and paint target on themselves for spam.
I don't expect any of them to react here, people with very large portflolios are generally not active in forums and social networks. But I'm sure that there are NP Members who know the leaders and will want to share this info. Gathering and sharing info about domain names is what I do all day long and it is appreciated by many people.

•••
oops ! my command of English is not that good and I only understand now what you meant in your 1st message. You're right, they won't disclose themselves and the probability they see this message is very very weak. But I was hoping other people would share this info.

Last edited:
•••
China has a lot of very famous domain name investors and institutions, but you do not know it

•••
China has a lot of very famous domain name investors and institutions, but you do not know it
No, I do not know it and this is why I made this post.
Any name/link of some of the major Chinese institutions or domainers, please?

•••
Yun Yee, China probably made more money than any domainer.

•••
Yun Yee, China probably made more money than any domainer.
thanks but it's an old story which is largely documented.
I would like to discuss in my book about the current models and specific markets.

•••
There are few large domain investors in India and a few of them are also active on forums and social media. But again they are not famous like Rick Swartz .

•••
Somebody will tell you that a domainer, lets call him John Doe, is a great domainer from one of the regions you mentioned. Yeah, he even participates as a key speaker in local meetings and conferences! Later, you will find that he is a great spammer who made a lot of $$$ with auctions frontrunning. It may not be written everywhere, but it is true. What will you do next, edit the book?

You may also write that a registrar X is a popular registrar in one of geographical areas you mentioned. Later, you will find that it is (and always was) a huge safe haven for stolen domains. Your book would be incomplete or incorrect without this fact, but you will not make more friends by publishing the complete info (should you be able to find all the relevant facts).

Long story short: It is hard to say what should be included and what should be excluded, and, since you are not yet 100% familiar with these specific areas you mentioned... simply because you posted the original question... mission impossible?

Last edited:
•••
but, in any case - good luck! :) Just try not to mix everything... You started with the word "Asia". However, India is very different from China, Pakistan is very different from India, and Japan is... like another world ("Galapagos effect"). And, the differencies are everywhere - history, culture, business ethics and traditions, and it also affects (local) domaining.

Last edited:
•••
There are few large domain investors in India and a few of them are also active on forums and social media. But again they are not famous like Rick Swartz .
does not help me much, but thanks anyway!

•••
Somebody will tell you that a domainer, lets call him John Doe, is a great domainer from one of the regions you mentioned. Yeah, he even participates as a key speaker in local meetings and conferences! Later, you will find that he is a great spammer who made a lot of $$$ with auctions frontrunning. It may not be written everywhere, but it is true. What will you do next, edit the book?

You may also write that a registrar X is a popular registrar in one of geographical areas you mentioned. Later, you will find that it is (and always was) a huge safe haven for stolen domains. Your book would be incomplete or incorrect without this fact, but you will not make more friends by publishing the complete info (should you be able to find all the relevant facts).

Long story short: It is hard to say what should be included and what should be excluded, and, since you are not yet 100% familiar with these specific areas you mentioned... simply because you posted the original question... mission impossible?
It's a book about domain names. Domaining is just 1 part along with SEO, law (important in France), branding, computing, and domain management. There's already a part about money laundering, domain theft and all the rejoicing this sector offers. Associating people's names with such bad practices won't be necessary. The names I was requesting was for helping me identifying local strategies. Regarding your 2nd message, I do know that Asia is huge and that there are tons of models. I'll develop the ones I already know. But once again, that's a pity I don't have any info but not that bad. The book I'm writing is mostly based on the state of the art and analysis of general models, and such info is published and thus easily availabe

•••
Top domain investors in Asia
Prakar bindal
Aishwin Vikhona
Pankaj Vijayvargiya
Shiva Kandula
Abdul Basit
etc...

for more info just search in google

•••
Top domain investors in Asia
Prakar bindal
Aishwin Vikhona
Pankaj Vijayvargiya
Shiva Kandula
Abdul Basit
etc...

for more info just search in google
Great, thanks !
I'll investigate that, I knew only 1 or 2

•••
•••
yes

•••
•••
•••
I am a domain name investor from China. I have invested in domain names for 16 years. I own domain names worth hundreds of millions of dollars. It also has the most two-letter domain names in the world. Looking forward to communicating with more outstanding domain name investors.

Last edited:
•••
Hello, anybody recall the name of the website of Dropcatch user Hypnos?
If my memory serves well, he's a famous Japanese SEO and has a SEO domain name sale platform.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back