IT.COM

advice How do you see domain industry 10 years from now ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Domain Monk

Mindful DomainingTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
(2) Apps will continue to replace web browsers in terms of access, and as such will also make domain names less important.

I wouldn't worry too much about this. Buyers of domains are starting something, and don't have the money for an app, versus a website.

Also, just for example, I recently sold a short domain for mid to high four figures to a multinational corporation that has had the equivalent app for a while, and now wanted the domain name too.

Meaning that - the big boys want both the website and the app, and the small fry can't afford an app yet.

•••
How do you see domain industry 10 years from now?
Unregulated but efficient and respected.

Apps will use domains as their app names.

Commercials will push viewers to domain names.

Alexa and IOT devices will all be accessed/controlled by visiting domains.

Let me dream...

•••
Unregulated but efficient and respected.

Apps will use domains as their app names.

Commercials will push viewers to domain names.

Alexa and IOT devices will all be accessed/controlled by visiting domains.

Let me dream...
so if its true why do you use twitter username in your sig instead of a domain name?

•••
so if its true why do you use twitter username in your sig instead of a domain name?
In case you don't know, you can @ a user here on NP as well. @ is not used exclusively on Twitter! :xf.wink:

•••
Only those with decent .com names will survive.

•••
Like him or hate him Alex Jones had his social media presence removed from the top five platforms yesterday and I believe this action shows that there will always be a need to have your own platform to showcase your product or content. This move would be crippling to a business owner who solely depends on others platforms to promote their business.
Without those platforms, he wouldn't have the following that he has.

•••
•••
Same as it is now with less importance given to the .com extension.

•••
Same and different. Like 10 years ago.
I don't think domain names are going away. As long as online (and offline) advertising exists, you need (preferably good) URLs.

Quality > quantity.
Good money for good domains, and zero for crap.
More money lost than made in this industry.
Business as usual.

Yeah :)
I Agree with both comments mentioned here. I also like to add to the first comment that also there are more and more domain extensions being added that may become popular as the .com extension is being used up and other domain extensions offer another alternative.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back