IT.COM

question How do you find out owner of 1-800 number?

NameSilo
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Hello,
I recently regged a 1-800 number domain(s). I've sold a few of these in the past. two of these recent ones I actually believe I can develop into good websites like 1800flowers.com.

Plus the market for this niche for these domains are I think huge plus some are domains perfect for a particular company that would be good as part of their easy to remember 1800 number.

I called the corresponding 1800 number for my domain and it's just a recording for one of those medicare help lines.

and now I'm getting spam calls.

I obviously tried just Googling the number but the results I get are just to websites that are bs and show the number is a spam caller.

I'd like to find out FOR FREE who owns the number. There are services obviously that can get the number but it's not free.

How hard is it to find the owner of a 1800 number?

Can anyone help? could be useful info for someone else on NP.

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'd like to find out FOR FREE who owns the number. There are services obviously that can get the number but it's not free.

How hard is it to find the owner of a 1800 number?
Finding the owner is proving difficult nowadays. I used to use:

https://www.customtollfree.com/toll-free-reverse-lookup

because I was always on the lookout for the matching 800, 888, 877 or whatever to my domain name. But now looks like a paid service, unfortunately.

Try using a converter to put your domain into numbers, ie 1800 flowers = 1800 356-9377, and then put that into the search engine, it should come up with the corresponding business.

converter:

https://phonespell.org

•••
Finding the resporg is easy, then you can call them but not sure they will be willing to help you.
Sometimes the phone number is hoarded by the resporg itself. Common practice. Toll-free numbers are hoarded like domain names, especially 800 numbers.

But I doubt they will be interested in your domain. If they are spammers, then they don't want to expose themselves on the Internet for fear of retribution. Unfortunately there is only one end user.

•••
Finding the resporg is easy, then you can call them but not sure they will be willing to help you.
Sometimes the phone number is hoarded by the resporg itself. Common practice. Toll-free numbers are hoarded like domain names, especially 800 numbers.

But I doubt they will be interested in your domain. If they are spammers, then they don't want to expose themselves on the Internet for fear of retribution. Unfortunately there is only one end user.

oh no. I meant I might want to buy it or package deal with after negotiating with the current 1-800 owner and then sell the domain with matching number to some big time company.

a 1-800 that a huge company could use as some easy catchy gimmick. like 1-800-amazons.com or something.

Edit: What's Resporg? (Responding organization?)

Edit: I sold a 1-800 to a "naughty" phone number before. getting their number was easy enough via Google. now? really hassle.

Sold the domain for $5000. regged only 1 month before.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back