Domain Empire

How do you earn money online?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
With all the professional online marketers here at Name Pros I wanted to start a thread about how we make our money online. When I first started I would build a blog, market it, build backlinks and sell it the next PR update. I made little money and did it as a side project. I would make a little money using adsense but seriously nothing you could live from. I also made a few affiliate sales but overall nothing I did was generating enough money to actually make a living. I did this from 2007 to about 2011. During this time I had also started a small blog community that I was building and growing on the side.

Little did I know that small side project would turn into a thriving company full of bloggers. I started a syndication service for both building backlinks and driving social media traffic with Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and a few others. With over 150 monthly recurring subscribers I'm finally making a living online but I'm still looking at the future. I don't have any other ideas on how to generate earnings and I was hoping this thread would provide some feedback and ideas on how to make money online.

The Question

How did you start earning online? What are your suggestion as we move forward into 2013? How do you plan on continuing to earn and what changes do you see coming that may bring in extra income?

Are you using any free scripts online that help you generate income? Share what you can I really appreciate the feedback and help.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Well that was pretty embarrassing I have edited the post lol, thanks man!

•••
I started out providing services online in freelance portals and it was a good move. I took money from giving quality service and invested it in domains and hostings. I look forward into getting more websites up for my affiliate marketing campaigns this coming 2013.

Zidane

•••
I think a huge key is finding Affiliate/business opportunities that can make you money without you having to do any work. Here are a few examples:

-In fantasy sports there are a few sites offering unlimited lifetime rake % earnings for those they sign up.

-Posting content on somewhere like Yahoo Contributor

There are lots of examples like these. I think its about creating a few auto pilot businesses that get the bills paid so you can experiment with your more adventurous online side projects. Plus its always nice to know your family will have some sort of income even after you are gone.

•••
I have several larger money making ideas currently in development. At the moment I just have a local based blog which makes a small amount of money through local adverts.

•••
With all the professional online marketers here at Name Pros I wanted to start a thread about how we make our money online. When I first started I would build a blog, market it, build backlinks and sell it the next PR update. I made little money and did it as a side project. I would make a little money using adsense but seriously nothing you could live from. I also made a few affiliate sales but overall nothing I did was generating enough money to actually make a living. I did this from 2007 to about 2011. During this time I had also started a small blog community that I was building and growing on the side.

Little did I know that small side project would turn into a thriving company full of bloggers. I started a syndication service for both building backlinks and driving social media traffic with Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and a few others. With over 150 monthly recurring subscribers I'm finally making a living online but I'm still looking at the future. I don't have any other ideas on how to generate earnings and I was hoping this thread would provide some feedback and ideas on how to make money online.

The Question

How did you start earning online? What are your suggestion as we move forward into 2013? How do you plan on continuing to earn and what changes do you see coming that may bring in extra income?

Are you using any free scripts online that help you generate income? Share what you can I really appreciate the feedback and help.

I was interested in doing Online business and found the Reselling business a very good opportunity to earn through online.Reselling business is where you buy pre-built websites and sell it at a higher price.In this way you get paid by the reseller to whom you have the account.There are many online Resellers.

I registered and got an account in Goresellers.com and bought a pre-built website with hosting, security certificates,email and other services.
I sold it at a higher price and made profit. Goresellers handle the customer support hence I just have to sell my domains at a higher price.Hope my experience will be helpful to you.

I will earn through reselling in 2013 also and I have planned to promote my online business by following the tips and tricks in reselling business.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Also, you can start getting specialized in SEO services. You can also register with some websites like odesk.com, freelancer.com, elance.com, etc, and work for earning some money.

•••
selling domain names with bargain price :D

•••
For 2013, I write more articles then submit them to my blogs. And add backlinks to each blogpost to get ranked at first page of Google. I use Adsense or affiliate products as monetization on my blogs.

•••
I make money like this:
1. ads
2. affiliate marketing
3. selling my own product
4. site installation ( but this is randomly ).

The affiliate marketing rules for me.

•••
At the moment my 'offline' job is paying all the 'offline' bills (utilities and such) I run a small business; a web services company which I started in 2011 (same year I quit my day job, which was pretty cool but I wasn't entirely happy working for others).

My websites cover all my online bills (domains, hosting, online shopping etc.).

I am phasing out my offline job instead of consolidating on marketing to increase customer base. I'm slowly moving into my online stuff, and I'm working on increasing my passive income. I know that some people don't believe in investing on passive income but it's just one of those dreams of mine. It's increasing, but really slowly. Perhaps slowly but surely? :D I am also building my network of developed sites, and although slow (I work within my labour resources) I am seeing growth and positive results.

I would say I'm still in the development part of my work, spending lots of time, and knowledge on developing my own sites. I will then spend money and more time on the marketing, and hopefully my efforts will get me to where I want to be.

•••
I started online on Ebay, selling stuff, buying cheap then reselling higher. That worked well at beginning as not many people were doing it and it was easy to find unique stuff to reselle on ebay. But after some time it was harder and harder to earn good money.
Then around 2005 i started domaining, i bought many domain names, sold some, and still today i am into this business, with geo-local domains. I can generate passive income with those deals, even if the harder part is to sell the thing to local businesses.
Since 2 years i am into marketing, and it doing better and better. I spent some money on education of course. And today since a couple of months i am with a great company that teaches online marketing. I have a blog there, their website ranks like 500th on Alexa! Here is a blog i wrote on making money online:

http://www.empowernetwork.com/frenchteam/blog/empowering-and-magical-moment-of-my-life/

Today i love making money online, i have on plan to live in the Carribean in like 2 months thanks for my online income.

•••
I didn't bother with blogs - I went straight to communities for bloggers and unemployed. I earn money from PPC, banners, selling newsletters, links, advertorials, stuff like that. The trick is to always search for advertisers, don't wait for them to come to you

•••
I can definitely agree with you on this carla2013. Some of my clients are actually people that I had to find myself. I noticed that it works well when they've subscribed to newsletters on a particular site of mine. That's always a great beginning. Then you get to send them emails and connect with them on a personal level.

•••
You shouldn't ignore SEO, it can give huge money if you get excellency in this.

•••
I am involved in internet marketing and development.I have few blog to advertise and from here I can earn some amount.Currently its good for me to some extent.

•••
I love writing and for me online writing is proving quite good. There are many online sites that pay you on weekly or at minimum payout. You can try there and you need no site for making money this way. I also sometimes gets around $25 per article.

•••
I have a few projects which are monetized using affiliate programs. I always consider affiliate programs as the main source of income and depending on the project I try to add some other monetization sources, usually Adsense or some of the CPM ad networks.

•••
Other way is providing services, if you have any skill, you can use that to work as a freelancer, it is the fastest way to earn money online.

•••
In the last 5 years I have been involved with all manners of internet marketing. My best success has come from affiliate marketing and more recently running my own digital agency.

I've also just started a blog as I've always been meaning to make one but never had the time. Hopefully it will be as successful as my previous endeavours.

•••
Affiliate programs.

Its simple you buy traffic and send it to your landing page. If you generate more than you paid, you win, and you keep growing volume until you are making $10,000 per month. If you loose, change some variables around (anything), but you need to keep trying to see what will work.

People don't understand how fast the internet and internet business world changes, so what we where doing 10 years ago would not make any sense today anymore.

The main point is BE AT THE RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME. Boy, did we make a lot of money when some company buying traffic from us was going through PRE-IPO... The money they where paying out was insane, for almost no sales. They just needed their books to be beefed up and we where happy to work for them, so I jumped right into the butter from the start and had a taste of money. From there on its trial and error...

Good luck and keep your noses clean guys...

•••
Hello
you can earn a steady passive incomes of $100 daily on virta stock trading no risk trading and your profits making is 100% guarantee visit the website here www virtatrade com/index.php for more details

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back