IT.COM

How do you determine OVT values?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I use overture when finding out how popular a domain is, but what are these low OVT values??

I am missing something

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Are you talking about domain values based on OVT results or OVT Bid Tool values?

•••
Both, can you describe each? I am completely confused.

•••
Since you came here due to one of my posts, what I meant was results from the Overture Keyword Selector Tool, which shows how many searches was done for a particular keyword in the latest month of stats they have available (currently February). It's one of the most valuable tools in the domain world. That link is:

http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchinventory/suggestion/

•••
I was under the impression that the Overture was only for those that searched for that keyword using Overture network, kinda like how alexa is only for those who use the alexa toolbar, so wouldn't that really mean its a now pointless stat and should not be factored in?

Or am I just a domain moron, please really, let me know, because thats what I have been led to believe.

•••
I figured it out, I was just confused because I wasn't using the extensions. I am aware of that tool.

•••
Ovt shows how many times a keyword (or group of keywords in no particular order) is searched on the search engines Ovt tracks.

To answer the 3rd post, ovt bid tool shows what advertisers are bidding on specific keywords or group of keywords. Typically, they pay more for more frequently searched terms that their target market is looking for.

Generally, the value of the suggestion tool is that is shows the popularity of a term and having a domain with that specific term (alone, if possible) and .com gives you some indication of how much type-in traffic you'll get. I usually estimate 5% - 10% of the overture number. (Eg, let's say "whole wheat" gets 15,000 Ovt results I would expect wholewheat.com to get around 450 type-ins a month - that's just my working math based on my exp.)

•••
Phronesis said:
(Eg, let's say "whole wheat" gets 15,000 Ovt results I would expect wholewheat.com to get around 450 type-ins a month - that's just my working math based on my exp.)

Ok, 450 type-ins monthly. Is that enough traffic to make it worthwhile to buy the domain name and park it? Besides selling the name to a cereal company, I don't really see the advertising potential. Any insight would be great.

•••
If it's .com yes. Otherwise, you won't likely get much type ins.

•••
Forgive me fo asking but I'm confused about the ovt as well.
I have a domain, funnypic.info and the ovt on funny pic is over 500k?
does that mean, like NRLmedia, type ins with no advertising would
be an option for parking this one?

•••
if u find a domain name
domainname.com with ovt of 500 and above n not registered then u better go register it..its RARE! hhaha

not ovt of domain name
but ovt of domainname.com (with .com extension inlucisive.)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back