NameSilo

How do I get started?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Let's say i have a limited investment what's the best way to get started in the domain name business. What are some revenue ideas in the domain business. Please explain in detail i'm taking notes ;)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi, fellow nerd! :gl:

First thing to do is DO RESEARCH! What's hot, what's not, what's popular and will stay popular, etc. You want to use Google and if the domain is keywords, like "ChefsCookBook.com", then you want to search at Google for, with quotes:

"chef's cook book"

Then, http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchinventory/suggestion/ - use the Overture tool with the keywords without quotes.

www.DNFAQ.info can answer more questions you may have.

After you are sure you have a great domain, (look in the availability lists here if you want), then register it. I prefer www.GoDaddy.com.

Your first domain should be a nice .com name :)

•••
First of all think a real good name before registering.After registration make the content interesting for people.i.e if about the cars make the people able to comment on their experiences about their cars.Or you may limit the content to sports cars only.

•••
•••
•••
for starters i would look into purchasing a domain of of someone here at namepros. YOu can get domains really cheap here for as little as 15 NP depending on the seller, and the potential value of the domain.

Then i recommend you devolope a small minisite to go with the domain, rather than using a parking service. Make sure the minisite contains unique simple services that not many other sites offer. Parking services charge a commision on your revenue, as adsense does not. An example of a minisite can be found here. www.mslive.us .

Once you have completed that step, you should now begin to promote your site. Get some affiliates or so to drive traffic, maybe add a link to ur sig, namepros has personally helped me go up in page rank, and find alot of potential users.

If your goal is to sell the domain, i wouldnt attempt to sell it until you have established your site, and some revenue. Selling your site at this stage could boost the value of the site / domain by almost 70% +. Remember, do not attempt to sell your domain for anything less than 11 months of revenue.

These are the steps that i usually follow, and have been really sucessful with them. I hope you are too. Infact remember how I mentioned that some users sell domains for as little as 15NP, i suggest you make a thread in a forum, stating that you want peoples old domains. Youd be suprised how many people will donate domains to you.

Rep is Appreciated!

- Ray

•••
Do you think people will give me domain names with traffic? In the past i developed domain names into sites and made some good money. I can't wait to learn the ropes at buying typins. I tried buying some last night but i couldnt find any good .com's

templaterave said:
for starters i would look into purchasing a domain of of someone here at namepros. YOu can get domains really cheap here for as little as 15 NP depending on the seller, and the potential value of the domain.

Then i recommend you devolope a small minisite to go with the domain, rather than using a parking service. Make sure the minisite contains unique simple services that not many other sites offer. Parking services charge a commision on your revenue, as adsense does not. An example of a minisite can be found here. www.mslive.us .

Once you have completed that step, you should now begin to promote your site. Get some affiliates or so to drive traffic, maybe add a link to ur sig, namepros has personally helped me go up in page rank, and find alot of potential users.

If your goal is to sell the domain, i wouldnt attempt to sell it until you have established your site, and some revenue. Selling your site at this stage could boost the value of the site / domain by almost 70% +. Remember, do not attempt to sell your domain for anything less than 11 months of revenue.

These are the steps that i usually follow, and have been really sucessful with them. I hope you are too. Infact remember how I mentioned that some users sell domains for as little as 15NP, i suggest you make a thread in a forum, stating that you want peoples old domains. Youd be suprised how many people will donate domains to you.

Rep is Appreciated!

- Ray

•••
well, that all depends on you. Im sure if u can find someone who is willing to give up a domain.

Anyways, goto nexeldomains.com, they have a good domain search by using keywords. I use this alot, and have found alot of domains that have some serious value.

The domains i feel that have alot of value now and days are domains regarding techoology, hosting, sell phones, and information on health and diseases.

Rep appreciated
-Ray

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back