question How do I convince a Multi Dollar Company to buy my domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Abdullah Suleiman

Established Member
Impact
Hello Fellow Domainers,

I am a newbie..

A multi - dollar company is using three word domain name: Sixth/Street/Growth/king

I own Sixth/Growth/king

I wouldn't know if domain brokers on the platform could help contact the company as I have sent many outbound emails without feedback.

Feedback did be appreciated.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If my business was called SI***ST****GR**** I wouldn't be interested in the domain name SI***GR****.

S****S***** is a specific thing, taking out STR*** means their business is just named "SIX**", but it's not.

If they were to rebrand, I could see it being SI***ST****/com... but they already own that.

They'd have to rebrand multiple entities that use the SI***ST**** umbrella, and this is a company with 50 billion dollars under management.

But I think your name is a downgrade. Shorter isn't always better.

What would they do with "SI***ST****/com"?

Also, your name is close enough to this company managing 50 billion dollars, that I imagine anyone else would be terrified to use it. Maybe if they start a gardening company.. but nobody in the financial world would want to be called SI***GR**** when there's this behemoth waiting to eviscerate them for being confusingly similar.

Last edited:
•••
Sixth Street is their brand. I don't really see them as that likely to want SixthGrowth.com.

If you had a domain like SixthStreet.com I could see them paying a lot for that.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Give it up.

Sixth street growth is clearly a specific name, they knew what they were going for. You can't just shorten a phrase which doesn't logically have more value as a shortened phrase and expect them to pay up.

Another thing: I see your domain was registered this year. If it was available, they would have owned it by now. They clearly passed it up intentionally. You just regged this name so you could sell it to them. To them, you're just a squatter and a spammer.

And don't spam them with emails if they don't want it. You're just ruining the reputation of the domain industry. Soon we will have the reputation of ''SEO guys'', which benefits no one. There's a reason the name was available.

•••
If they were to rebrand, I could see it being SI***ST****/com... but they already own that.

So they already own their brand in .com then. They are set.

Brad

•••
So they already own their brand in .com then. They are set.

Brad

Yup, BleepBleep.com also owns BleepBleepGrowth.com and BleepBleepSpecialtyLending.com

Oddly enough, they're located on 7th Avenue in NY.

•••
You are looking for troubles.
This question has been asked here 2,3645 times.
If a company own Stupid.com can I register and sell to them IamNotStupid.com?
There are million names available out there. Do right thing.

And ask yourself what would you do if you are the owner of Stupid.com?

•••

What is your wife opinion?

•••
Regardless of my opinion on the domain. The answer to your question is you create a personal landing page to this domain. And add tags with tag manager for multiple click options , you then make paid specialized targeted ads via linkedin to the decision makers of this company. You run google ads targeting only pixel data from these tags.

I never did perfect or run such. But this is the science of the most profitable retargeting method if you scour the right threads.

•••

id be in caribbean lol sipping a pina colada. Maybe virgin maybe not. :)

•••
Sixth Street is their brand. I don't really see them as that likely to want SixthGrowth.com.

If you had a domain like SixthStreet.com I could see them paying a lot for that.

Brad

Agree the street is probably important to them.

•••
Agree the street is probably important to them.

SixthStreet
SixthGrowth

Seems like an unrelated irrelevant downgrade.

Also, reflects poorly on the profession, but we know you mean well.

Last edited:
•••
Depending on the SEO worth of the domain name

•••
in general you don't convince you notify someone that the name is for sale at least this is the way i do outbound and if they see the value they will let you know.

•••
Hello Fellow Domainers,

I am a newbie..

A multi - dollar company is using three word domain name: Sixth/Street/Growth/king

I own Sixth/Growth/king

I wouldn't know if domain brokers on the platform could help contact the company as I have sent many outbound emails without feedback.

Feedback did be appreciated.
Their is no instant secret to success and since this is close to their domain but not the companies name it probably has little value. Someone outside the company would be afraid to touch it. I'd say don't renew it in future.

•••
ask yourself what would you do if you are the owner of Stupid.com?
I'd create and hire a design team to create a character like, "Stu Pid" or "Police Constable (PC) Stuart Pid".

Last edited:
•••
•••
Buy the company so you can ask them to buy your domain.

•••
•••
How do I convince a Multi Dollar Company to buy my domain

You don't. They convince themselves. Your only job is to buy one that they actually want to buy from you.

Last edited:
•••
Someone with six fingers may pick up the phone and give you a call

•••
•••

Savage :ROFL: Giving an example with the word 'Stupid'

•••
6thstreetgrowth in com still availble if someone's interested to search for a TM problem.
Well, I'm not sure. I ask your advice. In case of a dispute on this subject, for example, "6th" could be considered the same as "sixth" ? May be I suppose.

•••
So you're only trying to run off their success it isn't generic they don't need to pay you. You have a crappy domain with no traffic no customers they have crappier domain with loads of customers and would never need your name. A rebrand would be something else.

Last edited:
•••
Back