Domain Empire

discuss How can people say that there are no TLD premium names left?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BrandEntrance.com

Open 24/7/365Top Member
Impact
It's ridiculous. I just bought a few in the last year that were never taken before.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have only been domaining for a few months and just as others have said, it takes time to learn. My suggestion is read the forums, comb through as much analytics as possible. Develop your own set of guidelines and stick to them. My guidelines will be different than others but i prefer .coms and on occasion deviate from that if i find a single word domain in another extension that fits. I typically do not like 3 word domains as they seem to wordy and the value is usually low. I personally prefer short and memorable. In the beginning i jumped on domains i thought would be good but in reality have no real world value. Everyday i spend hours researching and learning because i find it challenging, exciting and fun. Enjoy the process!

•••
“My names name premium? Oh. So the market is dead?”

That name SUCKS EGGS man! 3 words, so many other better options, most people don’t even say “Private Holiday” let alone book something for it, And wtf is “LETS” doing after that? How can you call that a premium domain? You really cant see the difference between “Holiday. Com” and “PrivateHolidayLets”?

•••
It should at least be worth half as much as a .com. domain

Not true, and it gets a lot of domainers believing they have million dollar names. Of course, the owner can always hold out for years. But no, the rule is not “.net = 50% of .coms value”. Its almost more like 10%, .nets are just not very popular.

•••
In my eyes, a premium is most likely a short single English word .com. These have all been taken, so there are none left. However there are emerging ngtlds where you can still buy these premium words - it's a gamble though, but one I have taken myself.

There are some exceptions to the above, like a truly great two worder or some emerging tech that you manage to get the .com before anyone else etc.

My advice is don't focus on these unobtainable premiums, unless you come here with a large budget. Focus on a niche, research and get a few good two word domains. Domains that make sense and have a good search volume.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back