IT.COM

discuss How can people say that there are no TLD premium names left?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BrandEntrance.com

Open 24/7/365Top Member
Impact
It's ridiculous. I just bought a few in the last year that were never taken before.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Private.com
Lets.com
Holiday.com
These are all premium domains.
Any combonations of these are domains and might even be considered good, but not "Premium".

This made me understand. So I understand that all the good English words are taken.

•••
•••
Ok. I am starting to understand better what you mean.

Do adjectives constitute a premium domain?

IMHO this is what constitutes a premium domain:

1. Factor is DEMAND.
2.Length.
3. Popularity of the term/Overall Brandability.
4. Development Potential.
5.Age.

Explained visually:

X4CkOw2.png

Last edited:
•••
Thank you all for taking the time to answer. Like I said I am new to this and want to learn. Great information and examples.

•••

1. Factor is DEMAND.
2.Length.
5.Age.

Explained visually:

X4CkOw2.png

From what site is this screenshot, please?

•••

1. Factor is DEMAND.
2.Length.
5.Age.

Explained visually:

X4CkOw2.png
@slader23 - what website is this?

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
not a premium lol

Already established and explained. Thank you for the input.

I don't give my students a hard time for turning up at the educational establishment and say "You dumb guys what you doing here?". Neither do the ex-students hang out in the corridors to tell them the same.

Last edited:
•••
It might not be a premium but I am sure glad that I thought of it.

Peace gentlemen and ladies. World Cup final soon. Time for a cool beer.

•••
Lets+verb.com aren't so bad. letsgo.com would be a great one. I would not consider LetsHangout // com a premium domain but I sold it for $x,xxx
The order of keywords is important, you want ArkansasPlumbing over PlumbingArkansas

•••
I had to lookup LetsVacation.com, taken since 99, it would make a nice name for group tour packages. Each one may serve different uses on a social/collaborative level.

•••
Already established and explained. Thank you for the input.

I don't give my students a hard time for turning up at the educational establishment and say "You dumb guys what you doing here?". Neither do the ex-students hang out in the corridors to tell them the same.

Hehe well said! :-P But business life doesn't have handholding like school or college... so sometimes we need the rude shock to get smarter and more careful. :xf.grin:. In domaining experience is the biggest teacher and even better for all of us if we learn smartly through mistakes made by others. Rude or not we have all benefited by the knowledge shared by the experts and the experienced.

It might not be a premium but I am sure glad that I thought of it.

Peace gentlemen and ladies. World Cup final soon. Time for a cool beer.

Yeah they do look good when our knowledge and experience is limited. :xf.grin: Most of us have registered hundreds of domains in the first couple of years and then later dropped bulk of them as we kept learning. Good Luck! You are willing to learn and IMHO that will be your biggest plus point in domaining..(y) Also, If you haven't yet been there do go through RicksBlog.com for his very educational posts. You'll learn what are premium domain names faster when you know what are bad domains aka "Pigeon Sh*t" as he calls them lol.

P.S. I wish croatia had won!

Last edited:
•••
Most domainers, and especially newbies, should drop the word premium from their vocabulary.
Some of the blame is on registrars. "Premium" is often used for ANY domain put up for sale. Put "CatFart.com" for sale on Godaddy and they label it a "Premium Domain".

•••
Do adjectives constitute a premium domain?

Adjectives, which describe a noun, can make a premium domain or can remove all the value. It depends.

For example, we can all agree that Loan.com is a premium domain name.

If we add the adjective "red" to it, it becomes RedLoan.com -- which is worth less (maybe not completely worthless if there is a company named like this or you think a company *might* be named like it in the future).

But what if we choose the adjective "quick"? Then it becomes QuickLoan.com, which gets about 50,000 searches per month at a $10 cost-per-click. That is a valuable domain name -- a premium domain name.

What if we add 2 adjectives to Loan.com? QuickNowLoan.com? Worthless. Kinda similar to PrivateHolidayLets.com -- not to be mean.

•••
It's ridiculous. I just bought a few in the last year that were never taken before.

Please show me a premium domain that's available for registration. The word premium is a abused word. Most noobs have no idea what a premium domain is and they still post thier crappy domains using it. Hi i have iblahblahblah.xyz its ultra premium. Other noobs see this and do the same thing. You're doing it in this post the domain name you posted isn't worth $0.05

•••
Lets+verb.com aren't so bad. letsgo.com would be a great one. I would not consider LetsHangout // com a premium domain but I sold it for $x,xxx
The order of keywords is important, you want ArkansasPlumbing over PlumbingArkansas
It's also important to understand the geo/cultural differences in terms to evaluate value. In the case of PrivateHolidayLets, "Lets" is being used as a noun and refers to a "rental". "Let" is commonly used as the term for rental in the UK. So although I am not suggesting that this is a premium domain, it probably has more value in some parts of the world than it does in the USA. It is roughly the equivalent term of "Private Vacation Rentals" here in the USA. So the order of the words does make good sense within the context it is intended.

•••
You have gotten priceless advice thus far Mr. Jamesall

•••
check, domain sales. It'll give you a good idea of the wholesale and possibly enduser values of completed transactions.
dnjournal . com / domainsales . htm

•••
In the past year, i managed to snatch up -

NewBuildDevelopment.com
MatureWhisky.com
DigitalCashBanking.com

Not the usual one worders generally associated with "mega premium"!!!

•••

Im still disappointed that I missed the opportunity to get Wasnt.com which sold for super cheap.

The thing that surprises me the most is how low of a value investors price .net domains.

Domains like: Keywords.net, Airline.net all sold under 10k.

From a websites creator POV these are super valuable. Just look at the success of Expireddomians.net.

I plan to grab 4-5 of these one word domains in the next few months.

•••
Im still disappointed that I missed the opportunity to get Wasnt.com which sold for super cheap.

The thing that surprises me the most is how low of a value investors price .net domains.

Domains like: Keywords.net, Airline.net all sold under 10k.

From a websites creator POV these are super valuable. Just look at the success of Expireddomians.net.

I plan to grab 4-5 of these one word domains in the next few months.
.nets are always a fraction of the value of .com's unless maybe for a network/internet/telecom business then it might be higher.

•••
.nets are always a fraction of the value of .com's unless maybe for a network/internet/telecom business then it might be higher.

It should at least be worth half as much as a .com. domain

Airline.com was probably sold for at minimum $100,000 or more (im guessing because I havent found any record of it, but its a good estimate)
Airline.net should have at least sold for $25,000, but it actually sold for around $3,000. Thats a huge difference.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back