Dynadot

discuss How can people say that there are no TLD premium names left?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BrandEntrance.com

Open 24/7/365Top Member
Impact
It's ridiculous. I just bought a few in the last year that were never taken before.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
PrivateHolidayLets.com is one of them.

•••
•••
Any Sales so far ?

I've not put them up on the domain reseller sites yet because there is a lot to read there before I commit to their terms and conditions. That is why I am here. To take the benefit of more experienced sellers.

•••
Don't really think that is a premium name, but maybe others will chime in.

It will be when I have the software in place.

•••
I build sites with software for the most part. Still I want to see if I can offload some domain names that I don't have time for.

•••
•••

oh-really-tell-xfdqq9.jpg

•••
•••
Ok. So the market is dead then?

•••
jamesall, you appear to be listening, I can appreciate that. This business (like any other business) has a certain learning curve. The faster that you can accept constructive criticism, the faster you will ascend that curve

•••
I came here to learn from experienced domain sellers. Yet in here and on other sites that sell domains in other languages there are many complaining that there are no good names left.

This technology we have now will be old in about 10 years because of all the emerging technologies and trends. Surely that in itself means that there is always room for new TLD registrations.

•••
I also love the services that make up a name and then get to work of bringing the brand to their focus customer base. I have already read a LOT of old threads here. I just checked my log and see that I have committed violations as well. Still learning. Not trying to step to toes or ruffle feathers.

Ok so that's my last question here.

Last edited:
•••
I came here to learn from experienced domain sellers. Yet in here and on other sites that sell domains in other languages there are many complaining that there are no good names left.

This technology we have now will be old in about 10 years because of all the emerging technologies and trends. Surely that in itself means that there is always room for new TLD registrations.

.com will always be king.

Name a tech that is looking to disrupt the domain industry?
What... .bit going to take over? Is Namecoin even around still? Understanding the difference between a digital asset and digital technology goes a long way. Bitcoin will always be king not because it has the best utility but because it had first mover advantage and came before greed. Other utility tokens will succeed, like new gTLDs, but they won't hold the same value as those that come before greed, greed factor is when new assets are overproduced and overbought – this applies to any kind of asset or collectible.

Last edited:
•••
.com will always be king.

Name a tech that is looking to disrupt the domain industry?
What... .bit going to take over? Is Namecoin even around still? Understanding the difference between a digital asset and digital technology goes a long way. Bitcoin will always be king not because it has the best utility but because it had first mover advantage and came before greed. Other utility tokens will succeed, like new gTLDs, but they won't hold the same value as those that come before greed, greed factor is when new assets are overproduced and overbought – this applies to any kind of asset or collectible.

I agree about .com and even .co.uk because people in the UK are used to searching for that TLD. In scandinavia .com is not as valuable as their own TLDs so I am used to buying for the market I am aiming to reach.

.nu is from naui I think. In many languages that means .now and is also popular.

•••

Last edited:
•••
I suggest you spend some time learning what a "premium domain" actually constitutes before wasting your time asking such questions because it's very multifaceted and without proper knowledge it will be very hard for you to make money in domains.

Don't take this personally, you'll understand why with time.

Last edited:
•••
Private.com
Lets.com
Holiday.com
These are all premium domains.
Any combonations of these are domains and might even be considered good, but not "Premium".

•••
To avoid much monetary loss (which u would understand next year), u should use your eyes here more than your fingers, atleast for the 1st 6 months...!!

After a couple of years here, when u would read your first few threads, you would ask yourself "what was I thinking???"
This is pretty common.

Just read as of now.

•••
Good names, decent names, interesting names, valuable names, they all can still be hand-registered. I register about 60 of such names every month and sell a good number of them.

But, “premium”? I don’t think so. Most domainers, and especially newbies, should drop the word premium from their vocabulary.

It is also a mistake to say, “this name will be premium once I develop it”. From a domainer’s perspective, the only thing that should matter is how valuable the domain is right now, not if developped. Any domain, regardless of how ugly and non-premium it is, can be built into a valuable site, but that’s a different matter.

Last edited:
•••
Yet in here and on other sites that sell domains in other languages there are many complaining that there are no good names left.
They are talking about dictionary one word dot coms

•••
PrivateHolidayLets.com is one of them.

For many reasons, PrivateHolidayLets//com is not a Premium domain name. First get the basics right b4 wasting your money.

•••
Ok. I am starting to understand better what you mean.

Do adjectives constitute a premium domain?

•••
Back