Dynadot

question How can I tell if a domain is Premium or High Quality

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Kim Hanks

Established Member
Impact
Hi! Im learning the biz and am wondering what makes a domain premium? What makes it high quality?
I have 140 domains and im trying to figure this part out.

Looking forward to your advice!

K

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Hi! Im learning the biz and am wondering what makes a domain premium? What makes it high quality?

K

Well you have 140 domains what are these you should really start with a few sell some then add more once you have a feel for things...

•••
Domaining is death for newbies, especially for newbies without funds, at least $100k.
Better to try crypto, there you will have more chances to earn something.

So not true dont need anywhere near 100k if they listen then you can make money just dont go crazy...

•••
Labels, these are just labels. You stick enough labels to second-hand items, it won't take long for them to become meaningless.

•••
If someone tells you it is premium.
It is definitely not.

•••
•••
Believe me, it makes sense.

If there would be a rule that you can keep domain only if you renew it 8 years in advance, average people would do so much better...instead of having hundreds of crap domain names, they would only have few, but those few would bring them much more profit after all :)
If is a 'big' word. And not one that deals with reality.

•••
rarity will determine its premium value. do you own Gold names or Lead names?

•••
•••

K

One more question. Does anybody post a list of your domain portfolio on your webpage for all the world to see or is this just weird?

•••
•••
if you can post a sample of you top 5 or 10 names we can get a better picture

•••
what makes a domain premium?

The very first sign is that the real premium domain (.com) won't be available to register (unless you just invented something revolutionary and named it with an available domain name)

how did you go about accumulating 140 domain names, without pondering this question earlier.

I made the same mistake years ago, but it was just few domains.

•••
•••
Hi Kim-
One thing you can check (and many hear don't agree with this approach ... because it is automated), is to run each of your domain names through the GoDaddy Domain Name Value and Appraisal. Sure there is no online (or any other) appraisal that is going to tell you how much you can sell your domain names for, but at least this one will tell you whether you have a name that may be worth something (based on similar names that have sold on GoDaddy) versus being in the other 99% where you have 'brandables" or other names with bad keywords, etc.

Once you run each of the 140 names you have through the GoDaddy appraisal, how many of them come back with a number over $2,500?

Anything under that, I have found, means there is no current market for the name and you will need to work hard to get it sold for any profit - even if it says $1,500 - there are thousands of names that come back like that but aren't really marketable.

If you have names that might have future potential and you want to hold on to them for a while, that is different. There are many here who buy names on speculation - early bitcoin name investors immediately come to mind - that have made money on names that aren't worth much when first purchased, but gain in value based on popularity of the keyword/name.

I have attached the spreadsheet of my domains and their estimate from both GoDaddy and Estibot. In most cases they are wildly different - adding to my confusion....

Attachments

• Pricing Comparsion.xlsx
    15 KB · Views: 60
•••
To add to my confusion, the estimates between GoDaddy and EstiBot are so different that I have no idea at all how to price a domain to sell.. I have attached a spreadsheet with my domains and their appraisals from both GoDaddy and Estibot.

I have a portfolio listed at Flippa and Im still not sure if I have the pricing right... :xf.eek:
https://flippa.com/10074510-gaterhosting-com

Attachments

15 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
•••
Hi Kim-
One thing you can check (and many hear don't agree with this approach ... because it is automated), is to run each of your domain names through the GoDaddy Domain Name Value and Appraisal. Sure there is no online (or any other) appraisal that is going to tell you how much you can sell your domain names for, but at least this one will tell you whether you have a name that may be worth something (based on similar names that have sold on GoDaddy) versus being in the other 99% where you have 'brandables" or other names with bad keywords, etc.

Once you run each of the 140 names you have through the GoDaddy appraisal, how many of them come back with a number over $2,500?

Anything under that, I have found, means there is no current market for the name and you will need to work hard to get it sold for any profit - even if it says $1,500 - there are thousands of names that come back like that but aren't really marketable.

If you have names that might have future potential and you want to hold on to them for a while, that is different. There are many here who buy names on speculation - early bitcoin name investors immediately come to mind - that have made money on names that aren't worth much when first purchased, but gain in value based on popularity of the keyword/name.

Thanks! I have seen some marketplaces use the EstiBot appraisal instead of GoDaddy and those estimates for the very same domain are very different. How do I know which one to list as an initial price ?

Attachments

15 KB · Views: 72
•••

Of course!
WddingClothes.com
BabyCareCompany.com
MyBlogpost.com
eBible.io
TheStorageUnit.com
ShutUp.io
TheGreen.club
Glamour.boutique
BestAutoInsuranceOnline.com
CareBecause.com
InjuryFraud.com
WhirlStudios.com

Attachments

15 KB · Views: 82
•••
Thank you for sharing your advice with these. I appreciate the advice!

•••
Domaining is death for newbies, especially for newbies without funds, at least $100k.
Better to try crypto, there you will have more chances to earn something.

•••
Do you mean domain names with crypto in them?
:xf.smile:I have
cryptobuzz.online
cryptocandy.online
cryptoiest.com

•••
Do you mean domain names with crypto in them?
:xf.smile:I have
cryptobuzz.online
cryptocandy.online
cryptoiest.com
I meant trading with cryptocurrencies, not domain names.

•••
So not true dont need anywhere near 100k if they listen then you can make money just dont go crazy...
Right.

And would you (me, anyone) rather lose $100k or $0.5k? Good grief!

•••
How can I tell if a domain is Premium or High Quality
🚩

"PREMIUM" or "HIGH QUALITY" or "WHATEVER" are aaalways subjective titles that are primarilyyy used by those who own the asset.
This is not surprising and there is nothing wrong with it - every owner has the right to describe his asset as he sees it and if someone other buys his asset, it means that this someone other has the same or at least a similar viewww

In a deeper (actually in a higher) sense, it all starts with the question howww much you are convinced about your asset and the answer to this question depends at the end also on howww much you are convinced about yourself.

Last edited:
•••
For two word premium dot-coms, simply check each word in NameBio.com. This will help you evaluate the domain.

Example:

FunWorld dot com vs FunDiner dot com.

Checking world vs diner as a suffix on NameBio.com will lead you to conclude that FunWorld has a better chance of selling than FunDiner.

You may also feel FunDiner dot com might be worth it, as "fun" scores very highly on NameBio... so much of domaining today comes down to this type of decision. You are looking for "fun" to carry "diner" - in this case the context is good (jmo).

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back