Dynadot

HostGator 99 Cents .COM/.NET Domains, Unlimited

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

luantt

Top Member
Impact
Guys, HostGator is offering $0.99/year for .COM and .NET domain names using code WPBEGINNER.

Registration link: https://www.hostgator.com/domains/

*Prices reflect discount on the first term only, renew will be @ $15.00/year. Sure that we will need to transfer to other providers.

If you could not register $0.98 .COM, .NET at Namecheap, try this one. PayPal or Credit Card are accepted.
Enjoy!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well. Yesterday I bought 4 .co m domains in Hostgator, with promo code, they cost 2.99 each, and 11,96 in total. Happy, I paid with credit card, registering new account. Then I received an email and they said "pls. call us to activate your domains and to verify your account". OK, I speak with their support, the guy said "OK", you will received an email...
NOW, I READ it, and I think that they blackmaiked me! Take a look here:
......."""Thank you for your purchase with HostGator.
Unfortunately, we regret to inform you that the discount you have signed up using is only applicable to orders which include a hosting package and domain registration. Because your order for these domain(s) does not include correlating hosting plan(s), we will be unable to honor the original discount, and you must pay the standard price for any domains.
At this time we would like to ask that you please confirm if you are interested in purchasing hosting plans for each of your domains, which would allow us to honor the original discount. You would receive the hosting plan at the original advertised price of 65% off, along with the correlating domain for 99 cents. We have many plans available to suit your needs - please review themat https://www.hostgator.com/ . If you are uninterested in purchasing correlating hosting package(s) for any domain registration(s), the new price for your domains differs depending on the TLD. With this price difference taken into consideration, your new prorated total for the domain registration(s) is: $51.80.
You may view our current introductory prices at the following link..."""

What can I do? This is blackmail, Isn't it?

•••
Well. Yesterday I bought 4 .co m domains in Hostgator, with promo code, they cost 2.99 each, and 11,96 in total. Happy, I paid with credit card, registering new account. Then I received an email and they said "pls. call us to activate your domains and to verify your account". OK, I speak with their support, the guy said "OK", you will received an email...
Unfortunately, we regret to inform you that the discount you have signed up using is only applicable to orders which include a hosting package and domain registration. Because your order for these domain(s) does not include correlating hosting plan(s), we will be unable to honor the original discount, and you must pay the standard price for any domains.
At this time we would like to ask that you please confirm if you are interested in purchasing hosting plans for each of your domains, which would allow us to honor the original discount. You would receive the hosting plan at the original advertised price of 65% off, along with the correlating domain for 99 cents. We have many plans available to suit your needs - please review themat https://www.hostgator.com/ . If you are uninterested in purchasing correlating hosting package(s) for any domain registration(s), the new price for your domains differs depending on the TLD. With this price difference taken into consideration, your new prorated total for the domain registration(s) is: $51.80.

Cancel order, get refund. Reg somewhere better.

•••
Also link them to this thread and tell them their "reputation" is on the line........

I for one will definitely stay away after reading this thread regardless of what promo they have on.

•••
Never register domains with them.

One of my friend ordered a dozen domains, payment went domains were pending and after two days they asked for ID verification. After verification they replied they cannot activate domains because you didn't purchased hosting with them.

Then they said they couldn't verify your account and therefore they cannot provide domains.

They're garbage. If they cannot provide domain or reason was hosting then they shouldn't have asked ID first and denied the domains. A lie after lie.

So avoid them and use any other registrar.

•••
I previously tried to transfer domains to HostGator but their site was not working.... Was not able to pay for the transaction... The cart was broken lol... I have tried to contact support... No answer given...

•••
Today, I reg around 10 domains in Hostgator with this code (2.99$ per domain), using my Paypal.

No pending, no problem and very fast reg. The registrar is Launchpad, Inc.

I have an account in Hostgator than 6 years ago and purchased 01 month VPS package only :)

•••
Good thing I am able to pay for the domains at $2.99 each It takes about 10 minutes for HostGator to register them

Last edited:
•••
50% off hosting with code MMA50

•••
•••

Maybe you should be more observant next time.. read and understand.. then only take action.

It is clearly stated at their website(front page) the $2.99 .com only valid if you buy their hosting package. Clearly stated at the top and bottom of the front page.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back