Dynadot

Host your sites in the same host?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Do you host your sites in the same host? Or you spread your sites to two or more hosts.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i just use the same host as my sites don't require any heavy resources or anything.

•••
I buy multiple small accounts so that if one server goes down it doesn't take all my sites with it. I also like the idea of having them on multiple IP's.

•••
I have all of my hosting in 1 account / configuration.

mhdoc said:
I buy multiple small accounts so that if one server goes down it doesn't take all my sites with it. I also like the idea of having them on multiple IP's.

I like the idea of "if one server goes down..." mentality. However, to get an additional dedicated IP address usually costs very cheap compared to what a new hosting plan would cost.

•••
mhdoc said:

I do the same thing.

•••
It depends. Some hosts all their site with one host. Others never like to put all their eggs in one basket and hosts with different providers.

•••
We have clients that host with us, but have seperate accounts on different servers. They do this because they do not want the added hassle of multiple hosting companies, but do not want all of their sites down if they are on one server. They consider the effort of remembering multiple logins a small price to pay.

•••
I can only guess in this situation abd I believe that people with more then 10 web sites have more then one web hosting account and not from the same web hosting company

•••
I suppose that some customers of us do not have us as only one provider. I support the idea not keeping all eggs in one basket.

•••
Only if the host is reliable it is reasonable to host all sites there.

•••
novelty said:
Only if the host is reliable it is reasonable to host all sites there.

Unfortunately, they are usually reliable until they aren't. You sign up, life is good, times goes by, their servers get loaded up, their customers sites grow, the owner has to hire employees, owners burn out trying to manage the business...

It's a common story.

•••
There is nothing wrong with one account and multiple domains, other than the fact that it will eventually cause a higher server load in the long run. I prefer the 'spread across multiple servers' idea.

•••
The thing is that I host my web sites with different companies because definite company has definite specialization and offers hosting plans with certain features. I have been using hqhost.net for about one year and everything is okay. As for simplehelix.com, I have been hosting my e-commerce web site for more than two years and I am extremely satisfied with its services.

•••
I manage a host so I get free hosting w/ them. So I spread my sites on different accounts and I have one reseller account to access them all. Its eassier to manage that way.

•••
I put all my sites on one server.

However, you should consider following for SEO purpose...
If you do cross links between your own sites, having same
IP range would not be good.

Some SEO professionals say it doesn't matter.
Some say it matters big time.

•••
if you want to squeeze in every milligram of seo into your websites, then host them on different ips. however, chances are there are far more effective seo methods and "tricks" that you should do first before worrying about that. :blink:

•••
shockie said:
if you want to squeeze in every milligram of seo into your websites, then host them on different ips. however, chances are there are far more effective seo methods and "tricks" that you should do first before worrying about that. :blink:

Heh ;)
As I said...

•••
Well obviously, if you own your server you would be hosting them all on the one...

I don't personally believe in the IP SEO thing. It just sounds to me that someone wanted to earn money from additional IPs. :)

•••
Jafhost said:
Well obviously, if you own your server you would be hosting them all on the one...

I don't personally believe in the IP SEO thing. It just sounds to me that someone wanted to earn money from additional IPs. :)
You are not right and for the SEO professionals diferent C class IPs are very important

•••
mhdoc said:
Unfortunately, they are usually reliable until they aren't. You sign up, life is good, times goes by, their servers get loaded up, their customers sites grow, the owner has to hire employees, owners burn out trying to manage the business...

It's a common story.

It seems you are not very lucky with the hosts you dealt with.. Unfortunately I am not currently hosted anywhere, but several months ago I was dealing with webhostgiant.com hosted five sites on one account, and I can say that company was really stable and none of my "eggs", which were holded in one basket was broken.

I will always consider this and some other companies as reliable and good for hosting several sites.

•••
~ServerPoint~ said:
You are not right and for the SEO professionals diferent C class IPs are very important
I am sure everyone knows it, but, just in case...

aaa.bbb.ccc.xxx

1st block (aaa) is A-Class
2nd block (bbb) is B-Class
3rd block (ccc) is C-Class

So...
123.123.123.255 and 123.123.255.255
are different C-Class IP.

Most reseller have just one C-Class IP.

•••
JamesIsCool said:
So I spread my sites on different accounts and I have one reseller account to access them all. Its eassier to manage that way.
I use that way .

•••
copper said:
I put all my sites on one server.

However, you should consider following for SEO purpose...
If you do cross links between your own sites, having same
IP range would not be good.

I personally dont care about SE0 I don't need people to click my site I make them for fun. Its really up to you. Interesting point about cross referencing

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back