Dynadot

.HOMES re-released

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I received in a Uni Newsletter that .HOMES has been released without restrictions. Did anyone else see that and try to register any domains. It was tough going. Most were already taken or very premium prices from the registry. I did manage to get OFFSHORE and LAKESIDE for discounted reg fee :)

Whilst I was searching. I found RETAIL.DOMAINS available, so took that too :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I find it interesting that Godaddy valuates smart.homes at 1/3 of the value of robotic.homes and 1/2 of stellar.homes or superb.homes

robotic-homes.PNG

smart-homes.PNG

•••
find it interesting that Godaddy valuates smart.homes at 1/3 of the value of robotic.homes and 1/2 of stellar.homes or superb.homes

GoDaddy GoValue treat all ngTLD extensions almost the same. So their evaluation is that in general the word robotic is worth more than smart, rather than what it seems they are saying that robotic(.) homes is better than smart(.)homes. Even there one might disagree. GV also vary widely from week to week.

I don't know why they don't at least first order discriminate based on how common a combination is (and they have slightly - it used to be completely identical all extensions). The user needs to apply a test on the match across the dot to see if a combination make sense.

Bob

•••
GoDaddy GoValue treat all ngTLD extensions almost the same. So their evaluation is that in general the word robotic is worth more than smart, rather than what it seems they are saying that robotic(.) homes is better than smart(.)homes. Even there one might disagree. GV also vary widely from week to week.

I don't know why they don't at least first order discriminate based on how common a combination is (and they have slightly - it used to be completely identical all extensions). The user needs to apply a test on the match across the dot to see if a combination make sense.

Bob

Are you saying that GD believes "stellar" is 2x more valuable than "smart"?

I doubt that. Now, here is what could be working. Maybe, GD factors in actual keyword sales for the ngtlds and if "smart" is a super-premium name for most registries, then the keyword would be discriminated simply for the lack of data for past sales. And, mind you, GD has access to best DB of sales in the world, as on top of NB info, they can use their in-house data from GD/AN that they are not sharing with anyone.

Afternic alone lists 13MM names and probably sells 50000-100000 names a year from those.

•••
Are you saying that GD believes "stellar" is 2x more valuable than "smart"?

I don't know why they don't rate smart higher, since even in ngTLDs some highish value sales including word 'smart'. I would definitely rate smart higher, particularly combined with homes. So I was not meaning they were right. I just was pointing out that GD treat almost all ngTLD extensions the same - e.g. they say that robotic.gold and robotic.pizza are also worth $2048, even though neither of those make sense to me as domain names. Some users of GD GV use it to find a high figure, without realizing that the tool has (almost) no intelligence across the dot, which is the critical element for ngTLD value.

GoValue place huge importance on a previous high sale in a name in another extension. For example if stellar in some extension sold for a ridiculously high value, they would price it at that. As you say they have lots of Afternic data that we don't have access to through NameBio.

I agree entirely that their relative valuations here are puzzling.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
I don't know why they don't rate smart higher, since even in ngTLDs some highish value sales including word 'smart'. I would definitely rate smart higher, particularly combined with homes. So I was not meaning they were right. I just was pointing out that GD treat almost all ngTLD extensions the same - e.g. they say that robotic.gold and robotic.pizza are also worth $2048, even though neither of those make sense to me as domain names. Some users of GD GV use it to find a high figure, without realizing that the tool has (almost) no intelligence across the dot, which is the critical element for ngTLD value.

GoValue place huge importance on a previous high sale in a name in another extension. For example if stellar in some extension sold for a ridiculously high value, they would price it at that. As you say they have lots of Afternic data that we don't have access to through NameBio.

I agree entirely that their relative valuations here are puzzling.

Bob

Well, hopefully here how it goes:

Buyer goes for smart.homes check on GD, it is offered for $600,000 while valued at $600, and then checks robotic.homes and sees it at "make an offer" while valued at $2,000 and then assumes it is worth $2 million and offers me $1 million as a bargain )))

These ngtlds somehow weirdly affect people )

Well, back to .coms )))

•••
•••
what is the highest gd evaluated .home that you regd? (keyword and number,please)

•••
what is the highest gd evaluated .home that you regd? (keyword and number,please)
Gd evaluations for ngtlds? You must be new to domaining. I’m pretty sure there are no sales reported in this extension yet. IMO GD should show “ Not enough data to appraise this domain” or something than showing BS appraisals for ngtlds.

•••
not sales.some posts showing .home evaluations are already posted.

•••

Here are my two highest and my two lowest:

HomeAway.homes $1,631
HiTech.homes $1,342
and
CardBoard.homes $ 171
Weatherproof.homes $ 100

Funny...when you think of potential use for these domains, the lowest appraised domains have as much potential as the higher priced domains.

•••
not sales.some posts showing .home evaluations are already posted.

But they have no real value without any sales data. So it's a little bit of a pointless academic exercise.

•••
aiSmart (.)Homes

Taken in several and
Developed in a few exts..... (.co, .tech, and The dot .ae is very fitting for .homes look here )

•••
I found and registered 3 names too
Tomorrow.homes
Priceless.homes
Caravan.homes

I hope it is a good investment

•••
anybody have trouble listing .homes on gd?

•••
•••
Hydrogen
and
Selective

Good luck all,

•••
I received in a Uni Newsletter that .HOMES has been released without restrictions. Did anyone else see that and try to register any domains. It was tough going. Most were already taken or very premium prices from the registry. I did manage to get OFFSHORE and LAKESIDE for discounted reg fee :)

Whilst I was searching. I found RETAIL.DOMAINS available, so took that too :)
Can you send that article please of the .homes

•••
•••
GD wants $6,499 for CAMP ..

So I just picked up CAMPER (.)homes which is 100x better Lol :)

(Camper / RV homes)

•••
Expat/Homes

Brings my total to five .homes, happy with my collection - each at $9,50.

•••
•••
I like that one. Nice catch.

Thanks I actually searched camper first And was surprised..then for fun and comparison searched camp and was shocked ....the registry deff got that one backwards, and I’m not complaining.

•••
Noob question,but when i looked up at register.homes it says only real estate players or relative real estate website can only be built for this domain.Is that true? .homes registration has such restrictions to its use?

•••
@Domain_savvy

Dominion Registries policy updates for .HOMES TLD

Norfolk, VA – January 14, 2019 – Dominion Registries, a division of Dominion Enterprises, is pleased to announce changes to the registration policy for .Homes TLD. We have removed the registrant eligibility requirements previously defined in the .Homes Registration Policies. This means that .Homes domain names will be available to everyone, without the need for verification. These changes are effective beginning 16:00 UTC on January 14, 2019. The new registration policies will be posted here.

Also Claims Trademark Period for .Homes registry will end at 00:00 UTC on April 15, 2019. This means that all domains for .Homes TLD will be available for registrations during General Availability (GA) and no trademark/claims notices will be required for any .Homes domain registration.

For more information concerning Dominion Registries’ top-level domain names, visit www.dominionregistries.com to learn more.

Source: Policy Update for .HOMES TLD with Claims Trademark End Date - Dominion Registries

Cheers
Corey

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back