IT.COM

.HOMES re-released

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
I received in a Uni Newsletter that .HOMES has been released without restrictions. Did anyone else see that and try to register any domains. It was tough going. Most were already taken or very premium prices from the registry. I did manage to get OFFSHORE and LAKESIDE for discounted reg fee :)

Whilst I was searching. I found RETAIL.DOMAINS available, so took that too :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have registered just one single domain phila dot homes and I am having problems to forward the domain to my sales page. It's been 2 days and still not found in Dynadot's forwarding. I have opened a ticket and no solution so far. Anyone having the same problem?

•••
I have registered just one single domain phila dot homes and I am having problems to forward the domain to my sales page. It's been 2 days and still not found in Dynadot's forwarding. I have opened a ticket and no solution so far. Anyone having the same problem?

Got the same problem. Nice catch.

•••

I have forwarded, but it shows dynadot error.

Select the name -> bulk action -> dns settings -> from pop-down replace parking with forwarding.

Test: classy.homes -> class.com, but shows this:

classy.PNG

•••

Select the name -> bulk action -> dns settings -> from pop-down replace parking with forwarding.

Show attachment 107375

I have the same message. Bellow is Dynadot support response:

Dynadot Staff
Hello,

I am sorry to hear that, I'm currently seeing a "Your domain could not be found in our forwarding or stealth forwarding tables." error message when I visit phila.homes, was that the same error you were seeing?

I've escalated this to our engineers to allow them to investigate, we will let you know as soon as we have an update from them.

Best regards,
Bill Smith

•••

Show attachment 107375

Yep. That's what I get too. Also reported and awaiting response. @Dynadot

Last edited:
•••
Smart.homes at $600,000 is unlikely to sell whilst the .com equivalent (smarthomes.com) has an offer page on it. Yet even more silly pricing on new gtlds.

•••
Smart.homes at $600,000 is unlikely to sell whilst the .com equivalent (smarthomes.com) has an offer page on it. Yet even more silly pricing on new gtlds.

They might as well have put "reserved" on it.

I am guessing the plan is that if they put 1000 names with $600K prices, 1 might sell in a year or two and that would be used as a huge pr boost.

In the meanwhile, I might get 1/200 of that for smartest.homes ;)

•••
EcoFriendly.homes is showing as available at reg cost to me if anyone here is interested.

•••

The price of smarthomes.com just went up :)

•••
Besides Smart.homes, I just found a few more .homes that cost $600,000...

3D.homes
Big.homes
Sun.homes
One.homes
Some numeric .homes such as 1.homes, 2.homes, 888.homes...

Last edited:
•••
Just reg
Need /dot (homes) 😃

Last edited:
•••
I registered highest.homes for an undisclosed fee.
On the other hand, I am not interested * in the registration of high.homes which would cost 3,000.00 USD (at the time of this post's date) by the wayyy

And... ...I like the fact that both keywords ("highest" / "homes") are starting with the letter "h", this makes it sound welll

* The reason is not the price, I would also not register it if it would have a standard fee. It's just that "highest" makes more sense than "high" in this context / combination.

Last edited:
•••
Like with most ngTLDs, I’ll await future drops. So zero .homes in my portfolio yet, but I am happy to purchase a few later on.

I would be careful using such tactics. Things are changing fast :)

•••
The unique thing about .homes is that it can be used for realtors or builders. The registry for .homes is right here in my hometown, and it doesn't hurt to know the owners. Here are a few that I added to my portfolio; HiTech.homes and Shamrock.homes. I also plan to test the waters in some strategic areas with a high concentration of high end building, and high end real estate salesO_o

The way I see it, if Smart.homes is for sale for 600K, HiTech.homes could be worth a million or a dollar according to Nancy P:ROFL:

•••
Registry wants $6,499 for RoommateS

So not only did I take (r.e.g.) but prefer "RoomMate" .homes :) singular flows nicer with "homes" ! Got mine.

•••
EcoFriendly.homes is showing as available at reg cost to me if anyone here is interested.

No it's not at GD I looked yesterday ..$649.99

•••
One more .....

Abroad ((.homes)

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
man, saw someone here got shared.homes... though i checked it tuesday nice grab settled for

communal.homes

page

•••
I would like to take advantage of the growing trend of sharing economy and globally increasing house prices, so I registered Shared/Homes. I think it can be a good domain for a home sharing business targeting poor citizens, exchange students, tourists and so on. What do you think?

I like it! Shared homes becoming more of a thing in high price markets. Nice to get it at standard.

•••
•••
picked up another DETACHED.HOMES I can't believe this wasn't premium :)

Last edited:
•••
I should buy hom.es and offer names like smart.hom.es for 1/1000 of what the registrar asks for )))

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back