IT.COM

.HOMES re-released

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I received in a Uni Newsletter that .HOMES has been released without restrictions. Did anyone else see that and try to register any domains. It was tough going. Most were already taken or very premium prices from the registry. I did manage to get OFFSHORE and LAKESIDE for discounted reg fee :)

Whilst I was searching. I found RETAIL.DOMAINS available, so took that too :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't buy new extensions and I wouldn't even consider it when their renewal is expensive, but for the heck of it I went and searched for good .Homes options available for handreg. The favorite ones I found were:

Mint.Homes
TopNotch.Homes

Don't forget me when you sell them for a bundle.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I said I going to stop registering more .homes domains. But I just couldn't resist WHITE.HOMES. All other basic colors were gone/reserved. Plenty of people/companies/realtors/constructors called white also.

Last edited:
•••
I said I going to stop registering more .homes domains. But I just couldn't resist WHITE.HOMES. All other basic colors were gone/reserved. Plenty of people/companies/realtors/constructors called white also.
Same happened to me. Regged two more. We need help.

Economical/Homes
Inexpensive/Homes

•••
Like with most ngTLDs, I’ll await future drops. So zero .homes in my portfolio yet, but I am happy to purchase a few later on.

•••
Like with most ngTLDs, I’ll await future drops. So zero .homes in my portfolio yet, but I am happy to purchase a few later on.

The problem with this strategy, is that domains reserved by the registry don't have any real holding costs. So, IMHO, they will never drop. It's true that they give-up the potential renewal fees by reserving them, though. If they continue this strategy forward, then there won't be anything to pickup. The registrar has done an excellent job holding onto all the top desirable names, IMHO. As you can see from this thread. We are all fighting over a few crumbs.

•••
Macro/Homes (regular rate) available at the time of this posting if anyone interested.

Macro/House is a developed site

•••
The problem with this strategy, is that domains reserved by the registry don't have any real holding costs. So, IMHO, they will never drop. It's true that they give-up the potential renewal fees by reserving them, though. If they continue this strategy forward, then there won't be anything to pickup. The registrar has done an excellent job holding onto all the top desirable names, IMHO. As you can see from this thread. We are all fighting over a few crumbs.

I am referring to names dropped by domainers, not the registry.

•••
•••
•••
Few more I regged yesterday:

Robotic.Homes
Cleaner.Homes
Finer.Homes
Masterpiece.Homes (quite a few end users)
Viewing.Homes (could be an app or service for virtual viewing)
Assure.Homes
Ensure.Homes
Designed.Homes
Fave.Homes
Grill.Homes
Maids.Homes
Printed.Homes (the future of home building)
Wonder.Homes
Stellar.Homes (quite a few end users, especially in Canada)

•••
•••
I don't buy new extensions and I wouldn't even consider it when their renewal is expensive, but for the heck of it I went and searched for good .Homes options available for handreg. The favorite ones I found were:

Mint.Homes
TopNotch.Homes

Don't forget me when you sell them for a bundle.

Thanks. Got Mint.Homes. If it sells, I won't forget you )) Plenty of end users, btw )

•••
•••
Sedo and Afternic does not seem to accept the .homes extension YET.
I have written to them both. I suggest you all to do the same.

•••
I am referring to names dropped by domainers, not the registry.

I know. But they have to be able to register something first. Which seems to be difficult for .HOMES. Every reasonable domain is for sale by the registry as premium. So what you are going to get dropped, is about the quality of the poorer domains mentioned in this thread. And you probably are not going to want to register those.

•••
•••
Few more I regged yesterday:

Robotic.Homes
Cleaner.Homes
Finer.Homes
Masterpiece.Homes (quite a few end users)
Viewing.Homes (could be an app or service for virtual viewing)
Assure.Homes
Ensure.Homes
Designed.Homes
Fave.Homes
Grill.Homes
Maids.Homes
Printed.Homes (the future of home building)
Wonder.Homes
Stellar.Homes (quite a few end users, especially in Canada)

Not bad. I almost registered Viewing for myself.

•••
For the exotic, BAMBOO.HOMES & BANANA.HOMES are available :)

•••
Not bad. I almost registered Viewing for myself.

Thank you. I am not a fan of ing names, unless it is a good .com, but in this case it makes sense.

Can't figure out their logic though. Splendid.homes - $3000, Stellar.homes - $9.50, Fav.Homes - $6000, Fave.Homes - $9.50.

Biggest potential one, though, is Printed.Homes. It is an already existing tech basically that will only get better.

•••
@Recons.Com - Yeah! Go figure :) I prefer Stellar to Splendid :)

•••
@Recons.Com Cool. Thanks. Good luck with it. You got some other very good ones. I'm kind of surprised some of the domains on this thread weren't reserved or taken earlier. Unlike most new extensions- I kind of like this extension tbh, but I know that whatever I reg now will very likely stare at me in a year's time and make it very hard for me to drop. At $30/year renewal, I prefer to save future me the headache. I avoid .io's for the same reason. But I hope you guys will all make a great ROI.

•••
I know. But they have to be able to register something first. Which seems to be difficult for .HOMES. Every reasonable domain is for sale by the registry as premium. So what you are going to get dropped, is about the quality of the poorer domains mentioned in this thread. And you probably are not going to want to register those.

I get your point. However, (some) people are dropping surprisingly good ngtlds with low, or semi-low renewals.

•••
@Recons.Com Cool. Thanks. Good luck with it. You got some other very good ones. I'm kind of surprised some of the domains on this thread weren't reserved or taken earlier. Unlike most new extensions- I kind of like this extension tbh, but I know that whatever I reg now will very likely stare at me in a year's time and make it very hard for me to drop. At $30/year renewal, I prefer to save future me the headache. I avoid .io's for the same reason. But I hope you guys will all make a great ROI.

I agree. The extension makes sense. Both realty agents and builders like "homes" as part of their name and every small town has few of them. And $30 renewal definitely hurts, but they did smart by starting at $9.50.

I look at it as option. I got 15 or so names for around $150. If one of them sells, it is profitable. If there is interest in some, I might keep those, if they look as hard sell, lesson learned at $150 is not bad.

I have already experimented with .org, .co, .me, .us, .al only to drop most and focus on .com. That is my expectation for this one, but want to get my feet wet and see actual business reaction.

•••
I get your point. However, (some) people are dropping surprisingly good ngtlds with low, or semi-low renewals.

Yeah! I know. I'm doing that all the time :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back