Dynadot

.HOMES re-released

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I received in a Uni Newsletter that .HOMES has been released without restrictions. Did anyone else see that and try to register any domains. It was tough going. Most were already taken or very premium prices from the registry. I did manage to get OFFSHORE and LAKESIDE for discounted reg fee :)

Whilst I was searching. I found RETAIL.DOMAINS available, so took that too :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
On 3/4/2019 you regged xChange.homes. Almost a year and half here. My goodness. It's like no learning takes place.

•••
Keeping up with my reg a day .homes purchases, I thought Swap.homes might be available, but sadly it wasn't. So then I check to see if Exchange.homes was available, and Dominion, the registry that owns .homes has it reserved, and is asking $5,499.99 for it. Not to be deterred I kept looking for a name that a realtor could use to attract business, or someone who books vacations, and I struck domain pay dirt with xChange.homes

So after the top two preferred terms were not available in "Swap Homes" and "Exchange Homes", you moved on to a 3rd rate term. That is when you should move on to a different concept.

That is exactly what the registry hopes for - they can keep anything decent, then extract as much revenue as possible on the scraps.

I wonder if Dominion and I are at the same realtor trade show like the NAR or the VRA and they're selling their Exchange.homes for $5,499.99, and I'm selling my xChange.homes for 999.99(the top of my .homes price range) whose domain might sell first? I'm just asking:xf.wink:

I would say the (2) most likely outcomes are -

1.) Neither sell.
2.) The buyer just buys the .COM for $2,395.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Added UPMARKET.HOMES and NEWBUILD.HOMES for $9.50 each. I think that's enough for me sticking my toes in the water with .HOMES domains.

Last edited:
•••
Beachfront.homes available for 6,000 ouch.
SeaFront.homes available at cost!!!

Thank you John0!
SeaFront.homes are now rising rapidly in value. :)

•••
here are few more got at $9.50 each.

smartest.homes
coffee.homes
superb.homes

•••
Agreed but most people buy one house so....

123MapleAve.home as opposed to 123MapleAve.homes

There are only so many real estate companies in the world and the extension needs as many users as possible or bankruptcy here we come.

Also MapleDots.home could work as a home page whereas MapleDots.homes would not.

If I was running the extension I would have opted for home instead of homes.

You are right.

Numberwise, home would have more uses.

But they would not mostly be worth paying xxxx for the use.

While if homes makes sense, then it can justify the price tag.

There are hundreds of thousands of property agents and many of them use homes as part of their brand.

•••
Yes, agree for most part with your assessment @xynames. This thread has prompted me to look, although I personally have not yet registered any (I may one or two). I would see real value in geo names in the extension for real estate purposes, but at least the ones I checked for this area are all either reserved, ridiculously high premium, or taken.

The extension itself has a definite high value meaning so that is positive. Would be interested in @lolwarrior thoughts, as he is expert in both ngTLDs and real estate.

Bob
I am thinking what to say here....well, in order for domain investors be succesful in new gTLDs, they need to get some amazing keywords. Mediocre keywords simply do not sell, at least not in 2019.

I have to admit, as real estate agent, I just love .homes! And personally, I would love to get some large USA GEO in that extension.

But ... registry here is obviously well informed when it comes to value of good keywords, and although I scanned this extension very extensively, I have not registered anything there - it seems only few names slipped through the radar (aka are great, and for standard renewal fee)...some of them mentioned in this thread..

Maybe I have not registered anything as I might be spoiled a little - In past, I was lucky to register some good keywords in similar real estate extensions...and for standard renewals. Which is connected to the fact that opportunities which were available 2 or 3 years ago in new gTLD space, seems not to be available now in such large extent. Also registries are getting more experienced, not only domainers...

Summary of this rant: if you still can get something like London / Homes for standard renewal fee, GRAB IT & NEVER LET IT DROP ...:)

•••
Like I said on last page of thread here...

"Dot homes seems set-up specifically for the Geo+homes market only.
ChicagoHomes, NashvilleHomes, etc.
I'm sure every major populated town/city is priced ridiculously though."

I have to admit, as real estate agent, I just love .homes! And personally, I would love to get some large USA GEO in that extension.

Summary of this rant: if you still can get something like London / Homes for standard renewal fee, GRAB IT & NEVER LET IT DROP ...:)

I am sure the Registrar took all city/towns over a certain population, (say 100k) and priced them high.

Well here I will do a 2-minute study on some Geo dot homes

Here in Chicago there are a bunch of big suburbs/cities right outside of Chicago. I will just pick 2 popular cities outside of Chi by about a half hour.

Just checked these 2 dot homes at Dynadot.

Schaumburg - population of 75k
Schaumburg.homes is priced at $3,000

Naperville - population of 150k
Naperville.homes - Not even available yet. Reserved for the Registry.

I am betting that the population is the determining factor of each Geo location dot homes, and I bet that magic number IS 100k that the Registry reserves for themselves to be released at some big dot homes marketing campaign or domain auction later on.

So a Country of London's popularity/population in your example will never ever happen at reg fee.

I seriously doubt any city of 100k or less would be available at reg fee based on my 2 minute scientific research here. Even population of 75k costs you $3,000. Their magic number may even be lower. It may be reg fee only at populations under 50k.

Try it out in your neck of the woods.

Last edited:
•••
Guys do not get too carried away with out there, on so so terms. Remember this is not a widely associated extension, and there are several competing ones.

Try to focus on the 100-200K population cities with TwoKeyword.Homes that they might have missed at reg fee.

Last edited:
•••
@Recons.Com Cool. Thanks. Good luck with it. You got some other very good ones. I'm kind of surprised some of the domains on this thread weren't reserved or taken earlier. Unlike most new extensions- I kind of like this extension tbh, but I know that whatever I reg now will very likely stare at me in a year's time and make it very hard for me to drop. At $30/year renewal, I prefer to save future me the headache. I avoid .io's for the same reason. But I hope you guys will all make a great ROI.

I agree. The extension makes sense. Both realty agents and builders like "homes" as part of their name and every small town has few of them. And $30 renewal definitely hurts, but they did smart by starting at $9.50.

I look at it as option. I got 15 or so names for around $150. If one of them sells, it is profitable. If there is interest in some, I might keep those, if they look as hard sell, lesson learned at $150 is not bad.

I have already experimented with .org, .co, .me, .us, .al only to drop most and focus on .com. That is my expectation for this one, but want to get my feet wet and see actual business reaction.

•••
Just reg
Need /dot (homes) 😃

Last edited:
•••
•••
man, saw someone here got shared.homes... though i checked it tuesday nice grab settled for

communal.homes

page

•••
Added few more..
homes2.jpg

•••
I should buy hom.es and offer names like smart.hom.es for 1/1000 of what the registrar asks for )))

•••
•••
Added two more..

nycity.homes
upstate.homes
(Potential regions: Upstate New York, Upstate South Carolina, Upstate California, Upstate Pennsylvania. I happen to own Upstate//News (dot) com too)

•••
•••
Available at dynadot

Yachtclub/Homes $1200O_o

Countryclub/Homes $9.99

•••
Checked about 30 decent options and all were prem. priced or reserved... even smaller cities.

•••
I just registered a .homes:

Pocket

•••
•••
picked up two more....

Financed (.) Homes
WeFinance (.)Homes

•••
•••
I found and registered 3 names too
Tomorrow.homes
Priceless.homes
Caravan.homes

I hope it is a good investment

These are quite good registrations. I would just advise, that any registration with .homes is going to be a long term registration for it to pay off. IMHO, these will not be a quick fIips within a year. I see you registering quite a few of these registrations, and urge you to be mindful of the $30 renewals next year. Because if you decide to drop your registrations at that point, then you are wasting your money on these registrations. This is a warning to all of us. I'm not picking you out. Your post just just brought this thought, to the fore.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back