NameSilo

.HOMES re-released

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I received in a Uni Newsletter that .HOMES has been released without restrictions. Did anyone else see that and try to register any domains. It was tough going. Most were already taken or very premium prices from the registry. I did manage to get OFFSHORE and LAKESIDE for discounted reg fee :)

Whilst I was searching. I found RETAIL.DOMAINS available, so took that too :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So I just found this site:
folio.homes which has a nice portfolio showing other xxxxx.homes in use.
also a lot of other xxxxx.homes forward to folio.homes

I can't tell if they are trying to sell the domain name folio.homes or if they own/selling the other xxxxx.homes in the portfolio or if they are showcasing how other large Nationwide brokerages already own xxxxx.homes.

I think it is the latter, which then bodes better for .homes than I thought especially since large Brokerages are using them, even if just redirecting.
was wondering if someone can validate what I said above?

•••
was wondering if someone can validate what I said above?
She's an OG investor with multiple sales under her belt that will never be reported. Her site is to help add value to her .homes portfolio for prospective leads.

Last edited:
•••
She's an OG investor with multiple sales under her belt that will never be reported. Her site is to help add value to her .homes portfolio for prospective leads.

thanks for responding!
What does OG mean?
And where does she list her .homes portfolio?

So the ones on folio.homes are not her domain names?
Like REMAX.homes or Century21.homes they are really owned by the Realty companies or she owns them and just forwarding to the Realty companies.

That's the part I'm confused as I'm trying to gauge true adoption of .homes in the industry.

•••
•••
That's the part I'm confused as I'm trying to gauge true adoption of .homes in the industry.
My view is, meh. Used to have one or two, but this kind of extension won't jive with anything more than a just few key pairings. At least they got the renewals right anyways.

New G's in plural extensions are tricky waters, beware. Even more so with something as boring as .homes. A buyer has options in .property, .realty and probably even others which are similar in idea so unless it's a perfect match to something like "lakeside", "beachfront" or "country" etc along with an attractive aftermarket price, the buyer will likely need to be out of options to be convinced. Too easy to choose a dot-com over it.

More of a utility extension than a mass appeal one. These are the ones to get in early on if anything.

•••
Her domains forward to this website with an "available" banner.

No, they aren't hers. She's simply providing use cases.
Thanks for clarifying, now I understand.
At least it's nice to see some true use cases of adoption.

•••
As promised, I have built out an initial website for owner dot homes and agent dot homes.
Appreciate any feedback, ideas, partnerships, etc.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back