NameSilo

.HOMES re-released

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I received in a Uni Newsletter that .HOMES has been released without restrictions. Did anyone else see that and try to register any domains. It was tough going. Most were already taken or very premium prices from the registry. I did manage to get OFFSHORE and LAKESIDE for discounted reg fee :)

Whilst I was searching. I found RETAIL.DOMAINS available, so took that too :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ok my last two regs.

Modify/Homes
Hillside/Homes

I promised myself not to reg more in this extension.

•••
Renovating.homes
renovating_homes.jpg

Cheers
Corey

•••
Disability.homes

disability_homes.jpg

Cheers
Corey

•••
Probably my last r-e-g

Treatment (((((.homes)))))

:)

Last edited:
•••
•••
I picked just one name at random and the .com equivalent is unregistered.
And I am sure there are many more such names.
So I'm wondering if you guys are actually expecting to sell any.

I noticed the same thing from the .app showcase, more than 70% of the names had the equivalent unregistered in .com. Read: zero demand.

•••
Just kinda curious as to what justifies the initial cost to register these names

Organized.homes $3000 dynadot

Organize.homes $9.99 dynadot

Not sure that the "d" would justify the price of $3000.

I think they both sound good and can see a company that specializes in organizing homes use Organize.homes
Just dropping the "d" can save a ton of money.

The way I understand it most New gTLD registries have kept the top first tier keywords that relate to their extension, but that doesn't mean that they might have missed a few good ones or that they might have left off the second tier and third tier keywords either because they didn't meet their standards or that they wanted to leave some keywords available to register by the general public in order to create interest for their extension. As far as I know one letter can make a lot of difference for a domain being worth a million dollars or just regfee depending on which version actually is being searched for and has the correct meaning. IMO

•••
Henry...first thanks for your post, but are you aware of the reason why ngTLD's aren't selling? I would agree that one shouldn't invest "excessively" in any ngTLD extension, but "excessively" is very subjective. I see you don't share any information about yourself so I can't give much credibility to what you're saying. If all you can afford is just one ngTLD in this extension I'd recommend you save your money and buy a beer or a burger instead. As an fyi, I've invested to date less than a thousand dollars for about 90 .homes domains. These domains are in an industry, real estate and home building, that I happen to know a lot about and have a lot of connections. When you combine that with my sales and marketing experience and my 50 years of experience in the NAME business it makes no sense to put my hard earned dollars to work anywhere else.
Good luck to you Henry with Shared.Homes, but I'd highly recommend that you own at least a half dozen more .homes names "if" you can afford it, just in case you're wrong and I'm right:xf.wink:

I don't understand your logic that you don't give credibility just because I don't share my personal information. Credibility is based on sharing of personal information? If someone share unverified (or fake) personal information about themselves, you think they are credible?

Credibility should be based on behaviors and actions. You can see my portfolio in my signature. I invest in a few names in some ngTLDs (no more than 6 names for each invested ngTLDs) such as .xyz, .club, .chat, .news, .loans, .app, .capital, .cash, etc. My portfolio supports what I said. This gives my credibility.

I have extra money to invest in more .homes, but I won't do so as only very few standard priced .homes are worth investing but they were already registered by others. The names now available for registering at standard price are crappy. I prefer to buy burgers rather than buy the crappy names.

I guess you have retired or will retire soon as you mentioned you have 50 years of experience. If you are rich that you have no concern about living and medical expenses in your retirement life, and you can easily find buyers for your .homes domains, then of course you can continue to invest in your .homes extension. Otherwise, you better invest in more conservative investments. This is my humble advice. One thing I hope you should also note that you have a lot of connections, but the connections may not be buyers.

•••
i dont think how its doing is important, i think it how it could do that makes all the difference.....

;);)

•••
@Furquah - Yeah there were a lot like that. EXPENSIVE.HOMES was available from Registry for only $6k :)

I guess the without restrictions means for those domains the Registry failed to hold back as premium :)

WATERFRONT.HOMES was also $600,000 from the registry. So I was happy to get LAKESIDE.HOMES for $9.50 :)

Even 3BEDROOM.HOMES is $3k

Last edited:
•••
Beachfront.homes available for 6,000 ouch.
SeaFront.homes available at cost!!!

•••
I received in a Uni Newsletter that .HOMES has been released without restrictions. Did anyone else see that and try to register any domains. It was tough going. Most were already taken or very premium prices from the registry. I did manage to get OFFSHORE and LAKESIDE for discounted reg fee :)

Whilst I was searching. I found RETAIL.DOMAINS available, so took that too :)
OFFSHORE and LAKESIDE are very very good, amazing regs imo :)

•••
I would like to take advantage of the growing trend of sharing economy and globally increasing house prices, so I registered Shared/Homes. I think it can be a good domain for a home sharing business targeting poor citizens, exchange students, tourists and so on. What do you think?

•••
This is a very entertaining post, so I tried TINY and CONNECTED but they were gone.:xf.eek:

I remember reading about .HOME which was applied for by quite a few registries. Unfortunately delegation was postphoned, maybe forever, due to the threat of name collisions.

Many big corporations already use .HOME in their naming systems for their internal networks or intranets. Presumably including some of the companies that provide the backbone and security of the internet itself.

Nobody seemed to be sure how much chaos, conflict or crashes might happen if the extension suddenly went live. Too risky to try.

https://icannwiki.org/.home

Also, while there are some very clever registrations displayed here, everyone should be aware there is a lot of competition like .PROPERTY, .PROPERTIES, .REALTY and .REALESTATE (not sure if these are all live).

This page provides a handy link near the top to view the TLDs:

https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/tlds-2012-02-25-en

•••
This is a very entertaining post, so I tried TINY and CONNECTED but they were gone.:xf.eek:

I remember reading about .HOME which was applied for by quite a few registries. Unfortunately delegation was postphoned, maybe forever, due to the threat of name collisions.

Many big corporations already use .HOME in their naming systems for their internal networks or intranets. Presumably including some of the companies that provide the backbone and security of the internet itself.

Nobody seemed to be sure how much chaos, conflict or crashes might happen if the extension suddenly went live. Too risky to try.

https://icannwiki.org/.home

Also, while there are some very clever registrations displayed here, everyone should be aware there is a lot of competition like .PROPERTY, .PROPERTIES, .REALTY and .REALESTATE (not sure if these are all live).

This page provides a handy link near the top to view the TLDs:

https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/tlds-2012-02-25-en

thanks. did not know about .home story. Wow!

regarding competition, .homes beats them all overall, as it is applicable not only to realty agents, but to builders, management companies, iot etc. And it has that warm feeling that makes a home different from a house. And it is shorter ) And if as you say .home is blocked, then at least it lack the plural/singular confusion.

•••
I don't really like the extension as a plural at all.

Dot homes seems set-up specifically for the Geo+homes market only.
ChicagoHomes, NashvilleHomes, etc.
I'm sure every major populated town/city is priced ridiculously though.

@stub I do like your lakeside pickup for less than $10. Hope you sell it for their sweet spot of 6k or better.

I looked up maybe 30-ish and most seemed priced at 6k.

I didn't reg any but found a few available that "might be" worth the $10 reg fee gamble if anyone would like...

SolarPower.homes
SolarPowered.homes
OffTheGrid.homes

Good luck

Last edited:
•••
I know, I scanned .homes for all reasonable keywords already time ago :)

Still, all that does no matter, when it comes to the fact whether end users will give some offers to names which we have registered.

And the cost is not $10 really, it is only discounted first year costs...full renewal fee will be something much differrent (depends on the registrar where you hold it).

The renewal price of all .homes is just around $30, so initial purchase price becomes the only cost factor when choosing keywords in this extension.

Initial purchase price does matter as it affacts ROI. In my opinion, the purchase prices of the very best keywords are too high that significantly lower ROI. And from the sales records on Namebio, the highest sale of ngTLDs is $510,000 (I am sure no investors buy smart.homes because the purchase price is already end user price...).

If the very best keywords cost high $xx to low $xxx, I would buy them.

•••
Initially this extension was intended only for end users with some nexus to the industry:

https://onlinedomain.com/2016/04/20/domain-name-news/homes-domain-investors-not-invited/

now, in desperation, the domain has decided to offer it to anyone who will pay.

Which is why I’d like to see, in a year or two, what happens. Obviously didn’t work out with being offered only to end users.

For domainers: Risking a low reg fee on some of these doesn’t seem like a bad idea but paying real money - well, there’s no good precedent or history with this particular extension.

Last edited:
•••
I am a fan of real estate domains, but outside of top tier GEOs and generics, I think there is limited resale value in an extension like this. Even after the "re-release" all the top terms are reserved or premiums basically.

Brad

•••
I said I going to stop registering more .homes domains. But I just couldn't resist WHITE.HOMES. All other basic colors were gone/reserved. Plenty of people/companies/realtors/constructors called white also.
Same happened to me. Regged two more. We need help.

Economical/Homes
Inexpensive/Homes

•••
Like with most ngTLDs, I’ll await future drops. So zero .homes in my portfolio yet, but I am happy to purchase a few later on.

•••
Like with most ngTLDs, I’ll await future drops. So zero .homes in my portfolio yet, but I am happy to purchase a few later on.

The problem with this strategy, is that domains reserved by the registry don't have any real holding costs. So, IMHO, they will never drop. It's true that they give-up the potential renewal fees by reserving them, though. If they continue this strategy forward, then there won't be anything to pickup. The registrar has done an excellent job holding onto all the top desirable names, IMHO. As you can see from this thread. We are all fighting over a few crumbs.

•••
Few more I regged yesterday:

Robotic.Homes
Cleaner.Homes
Finer.Homes
Masterpiece.Homes (quite a few end users)
Viewing.Homes (could be an app or service for virtual viewing)
Assure.Homes
Ensure.Homes
Designed.Homes
Fave.Homes
Grill.Homes
Maids.Homes
Printed.Homes (the future of home building)
Wonder.Homes
Stellar.Homes (quite a few end users, especially in Canada)

•••
I don't buy new extensions and I wouldn't even consider it when their renewal is expensive, but for the heck of it I went and searched for good .Homes options available for handreg. The favorite ones I found were:

Mint.Homes
TopNotch.Homes

Don't forget me when you sell them for a bundle.

Thanks. Got Mint.Homes. If it sells, I won't forget you )) Plenty of end users, btw )

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back