Dynadot

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Search results in google,

"web xr"

"web vr"

Let everyone draw their conclusions and place their bets for the future.

•••
It's called WebXR now, officially by the W3 Consortium because it also works for AR now

Maybe? But, I believe VR is going to be like .com and standard for the future. Virtual reality has decades to develop and VR just has a perfect ring to it. I’ve said before AR is to be used in the real world knowing your surroundings. VR can be a virtual world not having to worry about your physical presence. I don’t see them mixing all that much.

•••
Maybe? But, I believe VR is going to be like .com and standard for the future. Virtual reality has decades to develop and VR just has a perfect ring to it. I’ve said before AR is to be used in the real world knowing your surroundings. VR can be a virtual world not having to worry about your physical presence. I don’t see them mixing all that much.

You are under researched, apparently. Apple is working on a headset that will do both AR and VR. Also, the misconception that VR is the dot com (something we were all debating about many pages back in this thread) has mostly been debunked already, because the media and community is still using the term AR even more frequently now.

•••
Personally I don't understand why this VR vs AR vs XR vs MR is keep going on, just buy domains in the niches you belive in, easy.

•••
Personally I don't understand why this VR vs AR vs XR vs MR is keep going on, just buy domains in the niches you belive in, easy.

I agree. AR, VR and XR all have their places in the industry. I was just letting everyone know that WebVR will officially be changed to WebXR, because some may consider it valuable information before investing in any WebVR domains.

•••
You are under researched, apparently. Apple is working on a headset that will do both AR and VR. Also, the misconception that VR is the dot com (something we were all debating about many pages back in this thread) has mostly been debunked already, because the media and community is still using the term AR even more frequently now.

I know AR is going to be big, I just don’t know how you can walk around, shop or drive with a headset on. Smart glasses sure.

•••
I agree. AR, VR and XR all have their places in the industry. I was just letting everyone know that WebVR will officially be changed to WebXR, because some may consider it valuable information before investing in any WebVR domains.

I already have my WebVR names. If you’re right and WebXR takes its place, it’s a negative for me. I always thought WebVR was virtual reality thru a website versus downloading from apps. Guess we’ll know the winner in a couple of years.

Last edited:
•••
https://www.f8.com/watch.html

E896D0FB-CD0E-4F97-A942-689E8FA83BBA.png

•••
XRCOE.com

"Extended Reality Center of Excellence"​

•••
I know AR is going to be big, I just don’t know how you can walk around, shop or drive with a headset on. Smart glasses sure.

Soartglasses = AR

•••
I've got a strong hunch that XR is going to be mentioned tomorrow (or Wed) at F8...👌

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Its the Product if i am not wrong is for sale...not the domain 😀

Ahem..maybe I assumed too much on the part of some forum members, but the reason I'm excited is precisely because the product is on sale, and that this is likely the biggest and maybe last hope (at least for a couple of years until Apple get into the game with their XR headset) for a major boost in the VR domain market.

•••
There was a lot of talk that it wouldn't actually go on sale until July or even later, but it's on sale right now :D Already sold out on Amazon apparently.

•••
There was a lot of talk that it wouldn't actually go on sale until July or even later, but it's on sale right now :D Already sold out on Amazon apparently.

Nice to know...Thanks for the info👍👍

•••
Zzzzzz....they said they will announce their biggest ar vr news in the history of the company. Only ar I saw was a blender on a counter lol...which looked like complete shit by the way...

There's also tomorrow's keynote, but don't hold your breathe.

•••
"the biggest AR/VR news from Facebook to date"

:banghead:

Seriously...they better have something very groundbreaking tomorrow or people are going to be very disappointed lol... I somehow doubt it anyway.

•••
"the biggest AR/VR news from Facebook to date"

:banghead:

Seriously...they better have something very groundbreaking tomorrow or people are going to be very disappointed lol... I somehow doubt it anyway.

It's disappointing, but I've learnt to temper my expectations these days. I'm just happy they didn't announce that the Oculus Go would go on sale maybe in time for the holiday season 2019 or something.

Didn't somebody here own MelodyVR.com? I'm sure I saw it mentioned either here or saw it on a drop list a year or so ago. It's in use now, however.

https://www.musicbusinessworldwide....sic-startup-melodyvr-raises-30m-launches-app/

•••
It's disappointing, but I've learnt to temper my expectations these days. I'm just happy they didn't announce that the Oculus Go would go on sale maybe in time for the holiday season 2019 or something.

Didn't somebody here own MelodyVR.com? I'm sure I saw it mentioned either here or saw it on a drop list a year or so ago. It's in use now, however.

https://www.musicbusinessworldwide....sic-startup-melodyvr-raises-30m-launches-app/
Was disappointing facebook get together i thought there maybe be a little more .

Thats why when i sold my name i put 1 year reg on all my domains to 2019 so i can forget about then till then lol.

But i have trimmed a lot too .

•••
•••

My understanding is that Go is just gear without a phone, a slightly better fov and a little bit faster because of the lack of background apps. 2019 ould have been too late to release something that behind because they should be approaching highend standalone soon.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back