Domain Empire

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

NameSilo
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So...
I think apple is going to spill the beans Sept 7th and get some started in working in a new devkit.
Could be wrong, but it does make sense.

https://www.imore.com/apple/apples-vr-headset-teased-with-apple-event-ar-easter-egg
Does not mean it will be available for sale till the start of the new year.

So, if they do, you will likely see a rush from investors on names, most especially when we see the device name and other terminology associated with it.
Not sure there is low hanging fruit out there but you never know till you try I guess.

Last edited:
•••
Most likely no low hanging fruits but as you say you can never now 😂👀

•••
•••
Got for reg fee- h o l o b o t i c . c o m from the expired domains list. Term is being used by I B M & P W C and it's a nice brandable.

I think it's a 6 figure name in 5-10 years so I'm holding for 10 years. It could become a popular industry term within robotics

Last edited:
•••
Holoverse.xyz
Holoavatars.xyz
HoloPortal.xyz
HoloQuest.xyz

Last edited:
•••
Well it looks like the Apple VR/AR headset will be titled 'Reality One'. I wonder what people here think the impact this wil have on domain names and the terminology?

•••
Well it looks like the Apple VR/AR headset will be titled 'Reality One'. I wonder what people here think the impact this wil have on domain names and the terminology?

No affect imo, but for AR VR names to be successful they need to be with specific use cases otherwise companies will buy something wider.

•••
When can VR become AR ?
When it is " Apple Reality "

I took a stroll through my names for implications and liabilities of the possibility they choose that name for their platform. Before I even got my list up, I remembered, ARGoggle hand reg'd in 2012
and ARSmartGoggles

Never had all that many AR names and did not dispose of any that I remember anyway.
But I mention it for you guys/gals to look at your possibilities.
Perhaps we will know on Friday !

•••
When can VR become AR ?
When it is " Apple Reality "

I took a stroll through my names for implications and liabilities of the possibility they choose that name for their platform. Before I even got my list up, I remembered, ARGoggle hand reg'd in 2012
and ARSmartGoggles

Never had all that many AR names and did not dispose of any that I remember anyway.
But I mention it for you guys/gals to look at your possibilities.
Perhaps we will know on Friday !
Well I never thought of that, but it seems obvious now you highlight it. I have a stack of great AR names, so I'm happy.

•••
Well I never thought of that, but it seems obvious now you highlight it. I have a stack of great AR names, so I'm happy.
I did think of you and all those AR and HOLO names. After this much time, ya never know just what folks are holding.

I did typo, Apple event is wed not fri. Looking at oct calendar LOL
And I'm not sure they will want to cloud the luster of the iPhone 14 and new IOS but you never know.

But I am quite certain they need to announce well in advance of release, so I really don't know where exactly that leaves us outside of 'SOON'.

•••
We aren't going to see anything before January 2023..

•••
We aren't going to see anything before January 2023..
Well, I am expecting some kind of announcement 3-6 months before product release.
After all, they got to get dev's making cool stuff to use before it's out there.

Considering the price expectations, they are not likely to sell a million in a year but you never know.

Last edited:
•••
Well, I am expecting some kind of announcement 3-6 months before product release.
After all, they got to get dev's making cool stuff to use before it's out there.

Considering the price expectations, they are not likely to sell a million in a year but you never know.
Announcement Jan, launch wwdc as per Ming chi kuo and mark gurman

•••
'Merged Reality' - I haven;t come across that before. I guess there will be 100+ 'MergedReality' names regged from forum members here in the next hour.

I know moderators and certain individuals don't like us to discuss the comparative value of vr and other names here, but as far as Holo vs VR is concerned, the fact that there's a chance that many or most VR headsets could end up being powered by Windows Holographic is surely a factor to consider.
Funny how this comment from 2016 seems relevant when Microsoft are developing their holospecs/SmartGlasses (the latter which Rick Schwartz owns the .com to)

•••
Apple can buy ArSmartglasses.com 🤔

•••
•••
The only thing I found notable in the last DNJ report was 4dscanner @ 2500
which should be a reminder of all the various tangents that are included in this niche not to be forgotten.
But that name seems to be in limbo right now to tell if it is investor or end user.
Points to a GD deleted page.

•••
The only thing I found notable in the last DNJ report was 4dscanner @ 2500
which should be a reminder of all the various tangents that are included in this niche not to be forgotten.
But that name seems to be in limbo right now to tell if it is investor or end user.
Points to a GD deleted page.
Cool I got 5dscan.com via expired list few weeks ago for reg fee..

Most of the results of 4d/5d scan are about ultrasound scans for pregnant women..

5d seems to be a more HQ scan technology so I'll see how this goes..

Last edited:
•••
Cool I got 5dscan.com via expired list few weeks ago for reg fee..

Most of the results of 4d/5d scan are about ultrasound scans for pregnant women..

5d seems to be a more HQ scan technology so I'll see how this goes..
I think if you look back in other threads dating back up to 10 years ago,
you will find much about 3d 4d 5d 6d 7d 8d and it got ridiculous.

Make sure you choose with some base potential viable tech in mind. Speculation is often just that.
Don't bet to much lunch money LOL

I think most 3d and 4d names are viable for 'this niche' as I can't speak to the others.

Not sure exactly when, but 3d/360 image scanning will eventually come to market for vr/ar and my first thought of it in practical use was 'REAL' avatar creation. But also for modeling of objects placed in a vr/ar environment.
That is how that sale caught my attention.

•••
I think if you look back in other threads dating back up to 10 years ago,
you will find much about 3d 4d 5d 6d 7d 8d and it got ridiculous.

Make sure you choose with some base potential viable tech in mind. Speculation is often just that.
Don't bet to much lunch money LOL

I think most 3d and 4d names are viable for 'this niche' as I can't speak to the others.

Not sure exactly when, but 3d/360 image scanning will eventually come to market for vr/ar and my first thought of it in practical use was 'REAL' avatar creation. But also for modeling of objects placed in a vr/ar environment.
That is how that sale caught my attention.
Yeah, I remember those days well. I think 4D was mainly thought of in terms of the 3D entertainment craze, and with the extra dimension being tactile. Well, we do have 4D entertainment now and it's called VR. Amazing to think back then when people were busy registering 4D and 5D names, that there was a stack of premium VR (and AR) names available for hand reg.

•••
•••
I sold Vgoggles .com a while back.

•••
I did think of you and all those AR and HOLO names. After this much time, ya never know just what folks are holding.

I did typo, Apple event is wed not fri. Looking at oct calendar LOL
And I'm not sure they will want to cloud the luster of the iPhone 14 and new IOS but you never know.

But I am quite certain they need to announce well in advance of release, so I really don't know where exactly that leaves us outside of 'SOON'.

hmm does goggle ever even work if not plural?

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back