NameSilo

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Something else we should keep a eye on...
Verizon Bets on Virtual Reality With Entain Gambling Partnership

https://sports.yahoo.com/verizon-bets-virtual-reality-entain-115500913.html

Generally speaking, I don't like the idea of a co that controls more than 25% of internet users bandwidth being involved in gambling with same users. But it would advance the platform if they construct a viable biz model.
Cellco's and cable op's will be looking to diversify as their main biz turns into a mere internet pipe. So, we will see more of it. You just have to figure out how to capitalize on what they are and will be doing.
Good for our names ? ...YES !
Awesome! I also remember the Verizon CEO spoke at length about VR/AR at the Apple event in Sept/ Oct.. Verizon sees AR/VR as the primary application of 5g it seems (at least on the consumer side)

•••

Merry Christmas and Much Better New Years !

Last edited:
•••
•••
HTC promise new headsets in 2021 that will create the 'next level' of VR.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/7691...id-to-take-vr-industry-another-level/amp.html
Yea... I have read some of the rumor mill on that.
We will have to wait and see I guess.
It has been no secret they were working on one and they are due for a next gen.
I'm thinking we will see 2, with one more to the stand alone mix. It would be hard to deny that is one direction of travel now. Perhaps both with one on a gigfi PC connection or similar.

•••
•••
Show attachment 177336
Show attachment 177337Blooloop
Hasbro | Matt Proulx on branded LBE experiences | blooloop
Hasbro has a large portfolio of brands that are ideal for the world of LBE, such as Transformers, Nerf, Monopoly and more. Blooloop spoke to ...
1 week ago

Show attachment 177335Entertainment Focus
Atmos VR bringing immersive 4D VR location based ...
The new LBE (location based entertainment) in the West Midlands, will be the first of eight planned venues to be rolled-out across the country ...
4 days ago

Show attachment 177338
Show attachment 177339UploadVR
Fight Alongside Autobots In Transformers: VR Invasion LBE
A new location-based experience (LBE) centred on the Transformers franchise will allow you to fight alongside the Autobots against the ...
3 weeks ago

Entertainment Focus
Atmos VR bringing immersive 4D VR location based ...
The new LBE (location based entertainment) in the West Midlands, will be the first of eight planned venues to be rolled-out across the country ...
4 days ago

Will Be renewing my entire lbe/lbvr protfolio :)
How big is this portfolio ?

•••
How big is this portfolio ?

Roughly 15-20ish without looking

Between lbe & lbvr

With keywords like studio/ World /Gaming/Games Hub/ Pro/s Venue /s .Etc.

Also the clever and short l/b/e/v/r.com which Im personally and fond of.

Last edited:
•••
Roughly 15-20ish without looking

Between lbe & lbvr

With keywords like studio/ World /Gaming/Games Hub/ Pro/s Venue /s .Etc.

Also the clever and short l/b/e/v/r.com which Im personally and fond of.

Might I also ask...
Do you think they will use these lbe/lbr names as a product name or a franchise/corporate name ?

•••
Might I also ask...
Do you think they will use these lbe/lbr names as a product name or a franchise/corporate name ?

Sure, I see it more of the Franchise and Event Hosting/Search side of things. Promotions, information, expos and that kind of nature. Though a Keyword like studio/s would be great for a Development Company in the lbevr sector.

Here is a a great list of events on the Schedule of the LBE VR Summit
https://www.virtualworldarcade.com/vrlbesummit2020.html
As well as Top sponsors, and Key People in the field.

Venues is another common mention.

Much like airbnb or stubhub or Ticketmaster provides a List of all the services and products of related companies . These names could act it the same way. LBEVenues.com " Find the Best VR experience near you" an so forth.

Last edited:
•••
Sure, I'm see it more of the Franchise and Event Hosting/Search side of things. Promotions, information, expos and that kind of nature.

Here is a a great list of events on the Schedule of the LBE VR Summit
https://www.virtualworldarcade.com/vrlbesummit2020.html

Venues is another common mention.

Much like airbnb or stubhub or tickmaster provides a List of all the service and products providers. This names could act it the same way. LBEVenues.com " Find the Best VR experience near you" so forth.
It would be my personal opinion, you would be better within the niche using the term 4D and your favorite keywords. It actually is descriptive to multiple markets. So demand should be better.
I have already done pretty well with 4D in the early market. But it has not really started yet.

I might only add that be careful how many you portfolio because a new term may come around the corner to describe it that the industry creates or slang by the public.

Last edited:
•••
It would be my personal opinion, you would be better within the niche using the term 4D and your favorite keywords. It actually is descriptive to multiple markets. So demand should be better.
I have already done pretty well with 4D in the early market. But it has not really started yet.

I might only add that be careful how many you portfolio because a new term may come around the corner to describe it that the industry creates or slang by the public.

4D is great, bit late to pick up good names, I do look every now and then . The thing I like about lbe/lbvr it is still early and developing field, should it really take off its nice to know I'm in early with some quality keywords.

•••
4D is great, bit late to pick up good names, I do look every now and then . The thing I like about lbe/lbvr it is still early and developing field, should it really take off its nice to know I'm in early with some quality keywords.
Just trying to keep you focused on the 'skinny' ...LOL
Yes 4D is overbought, but keep your eyes on the drops for the next year.
It may only be one of many that get used to describe it.
This may be a huge profit for a few co's, but I doubt it's going to be high in volume.
I would liken it to 'arcades' of the 80's and by the 90's had been merged/controlled by a few before disappearing all together.

I see the whole industry being a franchise based system.
Individuals could create their playrooms and 'take the liability' for how it is run, while these franchise provide the program of play and hardware.

Just something to think about.
We do have all this old 'mall space' that is getting cheaper by the month.

•••
Just trying to keep you focused on the 'skinny' ...LOL
Yes 4D is overbought, but keep your eyes on the drops for the next year.
It may only be one of many that get used to describe it.
This may be a huge profit for a few co's, but I doubt it's going to be high in volume.
I would liken it to 'arcades' of the 80's and by the 90's had been merged/controlled by a few before disappearing all together.

I see the whole industry being a franchise based system.
Individuals could create their playrooms and 'take the liability' for how it is run, while these franchise provide the program of play and hardware.

Just something to think about.
We do have all this old 'mall space' that is getting cheaper by the month.

Totally agree, lots of Open Spaces opening up and once Covid eases up, these many of these buildings will be the perfect fit for these new experiences(Venues). Also funny you bring up mall....

That's Exactly what happen to the oldest one near me that I grew up with, it's been vacant over 10/15+years now....it's been bought and guess what it's being turned into...

;) yep an Immersive LBE Center equipped with VR gaming, shows and a Cafe...just need to Hodl for now.

Last edited:
•••
Totally agree, lots of Open Spaces opening up and once Covid eases up, these many of these buildings will be the perfect fit for these new experiences(Venues). Also funny you bring up mall....

That's Exactly what happen to the oldest one near me that I grew up with, it's been vacant over 10/15+years now....it's been bought and guess what it's being turned into...

;) yep an Immersive LBE Center equipped with VR gaming, shows and a Cafe...just need to Hodl for now.
I think you will find a couple of posts from years ago where I spoke in detail about how I thought this would play out. But I'm not sure it was in this thread.
It's not going away. COVID did change things and delay them at the same time cheap frontage continues to appear.

As @NamesBond might attest, this has a high liability for operation so the insurance co's will be a higher overhead I'm sure.
This is why I see it being primarily a franchise operation.
That fact can be very good for names since it means more franchise's and more operators looking for identity. I may be one of them...LOL

•••
•••
A little late but...

‘VRChat’ Hosts 24-hour Ball Drop & Live Music to Ring in the New Year
https://www.roadtovr.com/vrchat-nye-2020-party-new-years-eve/

I would imagine the next thing we should be hearing about in VR during a pandemic is how
VR Fitness is trending because it's that time of year for 'resolutions' and weight loss/fitness and the pandemic make that even more appealing alternative.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
I’m no expert, but from the research I’ve done the financial potential of Virtual Reality is no where near that of Augmtented Reality.

VR is just too limiting for wide scale adoption.

It might well be true that AR potential is far greater than VR, but I disagree that VR is too limiting for wide scale adoption.

The Oculus Quest 2 has been selling like hot cakes, despite supply problems. VR is here to stay now and it's only going to get better and more popular.

•••
I’m no expert, but from the research I’ve done the financial potential of Virtual Reality is no where near that of Augmtented Reality.

VR is just too limiting for wide scale adoption.

I remember reading a quote just over a year ago (i believe it was from Mark Zuckerberg), i remember posting it on here, but i can't find it, i can't even find it on Google.

But it was something on the lines of "VR is the new TV and AR is the new smartphone" i think that is a good comparison for the technologies. VR is going to be used as entertainment in the home and AR is going to be inside as well as outside.

But what i like about the potential of VR (over AR) is how VR can take you to a completely new world/new destination (even destinations that cannot possibly exist) and let you explore it as if you really are there, whereas AR (fantastic as it is) just expands the real world where you are at that moment.

Last edited:
•••
I remember reading a quote just over a year ago (i believe it was from Mark Zuckerberg), i remember posting it on here, but i can't find it, i can't even find it on Google.

But it was something on the lines of "VR is the new TV and AR is the new smartphone" i think that is a good comparison for the technologies. VR is going to be used as entertainment in the home and AR is going to be inside as well as outside.

But what i like about the potential of VR (over AR) is how VR can take you to a completely new world/new destination (even destinations that cannot possibly exist) and let you explore it as if you really are there, whereas AR (fantastic as it is) just expands the real world where you are at that moment.
Check out the position of imo one of the smartest people on the planet Marc Andreeseen on this VR vs AR.

•••

..Though I like the sound Of HoloHands better :)

And Holo is the successor of vr in the end.

NAMESILO Drop....

Domain Name: vrhands.com

Highest Bid: $24

Bidding Status: Expired

Auction End Date: 2021-01-09 00:12:32 UTC

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back