Domain Empire

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
Happy new year everyone! It's now almost 4 years ago when Oculus was bought by Facebook and nearly 5 years since Google launched its first version of Glass. 2018 is just one year closer to the 2025, the year many predict XR will start to seriously take off on a mainstream level of success. In the meantime, let's let's hope (and aim) for many more sales in between!

•••
$7.5 k offer on adult ar domain name but too far apart will hold longer

Presumably that's not a reseller (unless LucidDomains, lol). That would be interesting as there is still no ar smut sites out there yet.

•••
Presumably that's not a reseller (unless LucidDomains, lol). That would be interesting as there is still no ar smut sites out there yet.

There are resellers willing to put down a hundred thousand on a domain.

•••
There are resellers willing to put down a hundred thousand on a domain.

It's certainly possible, and I don't know the name, but as far as I'm aware there hasn't been any ar smut sales and few if any offers (I certainly haven't had any). Seems a big offer for a reseller unless it's one of the 5 or so premium ones.

•••
It's certainly possible, and I don't know the name, but as far as I'm aware there hasn't been any ar smut sales and few if any offers (I certainly haven't had any). Seems a big offer for a reseller unless it's one of the 5 or so premium ones.

Not sure if you watch Domain Serpa, but the amount is very normal for resellers. There are a lot of long time industry veterans (on NP too) with the cash to throw down far higher amounts if they see potential for a great return. The amount mentioned is like peanuts to them.

•••
I'm wondering if there are any AR applications surrounding
Apple's 4 recent TM's with Business Chat.

http://www.ibtimes.com/what-apples-business-chat-trademarks-new-service-surface-online-2635211

AR's largest potential audience is Enterprise. And that is where the targets have been placed for now.
It's going to be a while before most consumers can afford a all-in position on it.
Apple is likely to set the first standards for it. Simply because they think it through really well.
As far as any semi immersive media playback, it's going to be a while before content has enough potential consumers. It simply has a totally different trajectory than VR. With exception of pseudoAR with WMR.

•••
Hey mate its was an adultwebmaster site cheers and happy new year

Last edited:
•••
•••
Thanks, that is even better news!

Yeah, I'm looking forward to that category of AR opening up soon, so it's good news. And Happy New Year to everybody too.

•••
All I wanted for Christmas was a Holodeck...
...and all I got was a crummy Teleporter.

dilly.JPG

Best Wishes for 2018
May the offers of a hundred end-users invade your inbox !

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Judging the year to come from the year that passed...

A problem story I mention with frequency is having enough believers with capital to fund a content devs.
While I thought I have seen signs this was over, this story shows it's still hanging around.
https://www.thestar.com.my/tech/tech-news/2018/01/02/video-game-developers-encounter-funding-woes/

Which is probably why most of the hardware manufactures have their own content start-up funds.
Facebook and Oculus separately and HTC, MS, Apple, Sony, Valve and others.
The following is outside of the normal HTC funding, From the HTC founder.
Probably done with profits from sale of smartphone unit to Google.
https://luxoraleader.com/why-the-fo...-ups-that-go-way-beyond-entertainment/345490/

So we have moved from 'over-hyped' to 'under-hyped' to being 'on-track'
described here as 'taking a nap'
https://venturebeat.com/2017/12/06/vr-isnt-dead-it-was-just-taking-a-nap/
It really was a attempt to allow lacking content to catch-up with hardware.

So until some company describes 'profits' to investors, the venture capital may continue to be light on the content side where it counts to us, since most of our names are headed to content creators.
But when that does happen, the flood gates will be open, just because investors always 'over-react' looking for better profits then they now collect. I always call it 'the greed effect'.

And the fact that we have this syndrome in the US called 'the wealth effect' (look it up) we have a perfect storm 'potentially' brewing. When it actually happens, who knows, but my guess is this year.
Watch, as I am, for the 'profit' marker announcement that gets everyone's attention.

But Chuck Fink may sum this 'profit problem' up better than I have in a article he wrote for Forbes.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/charli...g-money-in-vr-or-when-will-they/#122aaed075d7

Without these profits and new start-ups, our names are going nowhere fast.
Perhaps we will find a xmas present in 4Q/17 profit reports. Seen in jan-feb-mar.
A unexpected high sell-through rate on hardware 'could' get the content ball rolling.
Not wanting to be 'punished' by investors, they keep quite unless they have something good to say about all the money they have poured into the tech.
We 'techys' imagine the end of the tunnel, but if investors do not, it will take some time to get through it.

Last edited:
•••
Judging the year to come from the year that passed...

A problem story I mention with frequency is having enough believers with capital to fund a content devs.
While I thought I have seen signs this was over, this story shows it's still hanging around.
https://www.thestar.com.my/tech/tech-news/2018/01/02/video-game-developers-encounter-funding-woes/

Which is probably why most of the hardware manufactures have their own content start-up funds.
Facebook and Oculus separately and HTC, MS, Apple, Sony, Valve and others.
The following is outside of the normal HTC funding, From the HTC founder.
Probably done with profits from sale of smartphone unit to Google.
https://luxoraleader.com/why-the-fo...-ups-that-go-way-beyond-entertainment/345490/

So we have moved from 'over-hyped' to 'under-hyped' to being 'on-track'
described here as 'taking a nap'
https://venturebeat.com/2017/12/06/vr-isnt-dead-it-was-just-taking-a-nap/
It really was a attempt to allow lacking content to catch-up with hardware.

So until some company describes 'profits' to investors, the venture capital may continue to be light on the content side where it counts to us, since most of our names are headed to content creators.
But when that does happen, the flood gates will be open, just because investors always 'over-react' looking for better profits then they now collect. I always call it 'the greed effect'.

And the fact that we have this syndrome in the US called 'the wealth effect' (look it up) we have a perfect storm 'potentially' brewing. When it actually happens, who knows, but my guess is this year.
Watch, as I am, for the 'profit' marker announcement that gets everyone's attention.

But Chuck Fink may sum this 'profit problem' up better than I have in a article he wrote for Forbes.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/charli...g-money-in-vr-or-when-will-they/#122aaed075d7

Without these profits and new start-ups, our names are going nowhere fast.
Perhaps we will find a xmas present in 4Q/17 profit reports. Seen in jan-feb-mar.
A unexpected high sell-through rate on hardware 'could' get the content ball rolling.
Not wanting to be 'punished' by investors, they keep quite unless they have something good to say about all the money they have poured into the tech.
We 'techys' imagine the end of the tunnel, but if investors do not, it will take some time to get through it.

My advice is to expect another 5 - 7 more years before we can expect maximum value from VR and AR names. It's just too early to have any expectations...

•••
My advice is to expect another 5 - 7 more years before we can expect maximum value from VR and AR names. It's just too early to have any expectations...
Can you base that advise on anything in the tangible world and share it with us ?

•••
Can you base that advise on anything in the tangible world and share it with us ?

Why would I when my post was about speculation of intangible goods? I think my reply was pretty straight forward and doesn't contrast from what you're saying. Maybe you can just tell me where you don't understand (or disagree) and I can explain further?

Last edited:
•••
Why would I when my post was about speculation of intangible goods? I think my reply was pretty straight forward and doesn't contrast from what you're saying. Maybe you can just tell me where you don't understand (or disagree) and I can explain further?
If you don't want to add citation to your advise, it's ok by me.
Just thought you could state a reason for it.

•••
Standard definitions will be developed for industry terms use by the industry soon.
A ANSI standard.
"
Last year, CTA’s AR/VR Working Group approved industry definitions to help companies explain to consumers the broad range of technologies and experiences available, including:

Augmented Reality (AR) overlays digitally-created content into the user’s real-world environment
Mixed Reality (MR) is an experience that seamlessly blends the user’s real-world environment and digitally-created content, where both environments can coexist and interact with each other
Virtual Reality (VR) creates a digital environment that replaces the user’s real-world environment

Additionally, CTA’s AR/VR Working Group under the association’s Technology & Standards Program – accredited by the American National Standards Institute – will soon complete its work on technical definitions covering a broad spectrum of the AR/VR industry. These definitions will provide support for future projects addressing best practices for consumer experience including MR, XR, Outside-In Tracking and Six Degrees of Freedom or ‘6DoF.’
"

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180104005814/en/

But why take the issue of defining MR up again if it was decided last year ?
The industry gets to set the standards it uses. They just have to agree on it.
Nobody in the industry is going to buck MS wishes just as nobody is likely to buck Qualcomm's either.
So you can sweep this one under the rug and nobody will know it's there.
I don't really care how they define them, as long as they do.

•••
•••
If you don't want to add citation to your advise, it's ok by me.
Just thought you could state a reason for it.

Obviously I believe the industry needs more time before we can expect our domains to reach maximum sales profits. This is nothing new. Are you having another one of those moments when you're popping a vein by over thinking something super simplistic again?

I didn't realize it was so deep that I need to post links to my sources when the info is everywhere. Nothing you say here is an absolute truth so why expect my posts to be? Seriously now...do you want me to start asking for citations from all of your posts now? That wouldn't be very fun now would it @VRdommy?

Lighten it up around here will ya? Or are you too pedantic to read between the lines? :xf.laugh:

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back