Dynadot

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No more beta... I would say that IKEA is all in now.
https://www.tahawultech.com/cnme/news/takeleap-ikea-vr-shopping/

They were the early bird in AR and part of the reason I was a bit harder play into AR names 6 years ago,
so take a mental snapshot cause this will not be going backwards.
But why AR and not VR ?
They worked with the tools available... the smartphone. Nobody had to buy anything special.
And it got the job done. Just the fact folks would be interacting with your products is enough.
But as some consumers move towards WMR, I expect the next expansion with it.
It is the interim fix until we have true AR glasses plentiful in the market and this type of marketing tool can be the commonplace. But they need to be wireless.

•••
No more beta... I would say that IKEA is all in now.
https://www.tahawultech.com/cnme/news/takeleap-ikea-vr-shopping/

They were the early bird in AR and part of the reason I was a bit harder play into AR names 6 years ago,
so take a mental snapshot cause this will not be going backwards.
But why AR and not VR ?
They worked with the tools available... the smartphone. Nobody had to buy anything special.
And it got the job done. Just the fact folks would be interacting with your products is enough.
But as some consumers move towards WMR, I expect the next expansion with it.
It is the interim fix until we have true AR glasses plentiful in the market and this type of marketing tool can be the commonplace. But they need to be wireless.

ImmersiveShopping / e-CommerceVR / e-CommerceAR / eCommerceAR

Your future Black Friday shopping spree may be in AR or VR

Last edited:
•••
I would believe that to be very accurate.
But keep in mind it is a likely target and many things can happen.

Yeah, I thought it was interesting when they quoted the rumor as saying "no later than 2019" (if I remember correctly). I'll look for the article later if no one can find it.

•••
Just reading the XR thread, don't want to start a debate off there, so this is the best place to do it.

But yeah a few investors in XR domains lately, but no one has any definite answer what it stands for; does that not ring a few alarm bells?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_Reality_(XR)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extended_reality
And now 'Mixed Reality' is being thrown into the mix what it can stand for?

Doesn't matter. "XR = AR, VR, MR" is the most commonly accepted term by devs and that's all that matters. Devs run the show when it comes to how a term is accepted and they are the ones who are really pushing it. The magazines and tech sites listen to the devs. The few articles writing about "Extended Reality" don't matter and are written by people who are not in the loop or slow at accepting reality.

As I mentioned before, Apple could name their headset XR as a means to avoid being associated with WMR. But that would still mean that the head set can do VR and simulated AR, not that it's Mixed Reality. MS is misusing the term for their own bullshit purposes...

Fuck MS....fuck MR as it is used today...Developers know better :facepalm:

Last edited:
•••
Doesn't matter. "XR = AR, VR, MR" is the most commonly accepted term by devs and that's all that matters. Devs run the show when it comes to how a term is accepted and they are the ones who are really pushing it. The magazines and tech sites listen to the devs. The few articles writing about "Extended Reality" don't matter and are written by people who are not in the loop or slow at accepting reality.

As I mentioned before, Apple could name their headset XR as a means to avoid being associated with WMR. But that would still mean that the head set can do VR and simulated AR, not that it's Mixed Reality. MS is misusing the term for their own bullsh*t purposes...

f*ck MS....f*ck MR as it is used today...Developers know better :facepalm:

Every day i see a few more names being registered by companies. They register it while other versions of the name are still available.

Just saying

•••
Every day i see a few more names being registered by companies. They register it while other versions of the name are still available.

Just saying

Makes sense to me. That's the point of XR...

•••
Makes sense to me. That's the point of XR...

Just that in my mind, they do it as they dont want to be associated with one tech and i believe most will go this route. Be it XR be it MR. My intention is choosing the spectrum.

•••
Just that in my mind, they do it as they dont want to be associated with one tech and i believe most will go this route. Be it XR be it MR. My intention is choosing the spectrum.

no two people will have the same definition of MR. I don't even think MS knows what the fuck WMR means. It's a lost cause. So to say that people will be using XR in replacement of MR you have to ask just WTF do you mean by that exactly lol.

Most of these XR adapters are simply companies who want to do AR and VR...

•••

As I mentioned before, Apple could name their headset XR as a means to avoid being associated with WMR. But that would still mean that the head set can do VR and simulated AR, not that it's Mixed Reality. MS is misusing the term for their own bullsh*t purposes...

f*ck MS....f*ck MR as it is used today...Developers know better :facepalm:

Sure it’s gaining momentum, but not the extant where you can take it seriously, social media isn’t exactly buzzing with the term ‘XR’ linked to virtual tech, neither is news articles/blogs this week or in the past month.

So i see no indication that there’s going to be headsets in the shops with ‘XR’ wrote on the box or XR adverts on the TV anytime soon.

I just find it strange how there’s this abbreviation (XR) 1 or 2 companies are branding around it, lots of domains investments, but no one know for sure what it actually stands for, wiki has 2 different articles contradicting themselves what ‘XR’ means, Mixed Reality is now being mentioned what i can represent just because ‘mixed’ as an ‘x’ in the middle i would guess, it just all seems a bit of a fad to me that’s going to soon blow over.

Credit where credits due though, it’s gone further than anyone (other than probably @xr reality) thought, so it’s not to be underestimated and something to defiantly keep an eye on.

•••
no two people will have the same definition of MR. I don't even think MS knows what the f*ck WMR means. It's a lost cause. So to say that people will be using XR in replacement of MR you have to ask just WTF do you mean by that exactly lol.

Most of these XR adapters are simply companies who want to do AR and VR...

You said exactly what i said. I dont care about MS definition, i care about mine.
Im talking about companies using the spectrum and saying imo most will want to go this route + many experience like shopping /dating /videos etc are relevant as in all in one site.

•••
Sure it’s gaining momentum, but not the extant where you can take it seriously, social media isn’t exactly buzzing with the term ‘XR’ linked to virtual tech, neither is news articles/blogs this week or in the past month.

So i see no indication that there’s going to be headsets in the shops with ‘XR’ wrote on the box or XR adverts on the TV anytime soon.

That was the case with MR and that didn't stop ML and MS from adapting the term. XR was just invented in 2015. No one is saying that it will be anything, but one thing's for sure - the industry has embraced it. There is a major summit named after XR. There are companies branding with XR. Major corps are using the term...all within a very, VERY short period of time. Industry wide adaption appears to be here or around the corner. But what you seem to have missed (maybe you're new to this thread?) is that I've been saying it was never meant to be a consumer term and likely never will. Go back a few pages and you'll understand my stance on XR.. Everyone here knows that I have been warning from the start that it's a risk to assume it will be anything more than an industry term, not consumer...

•••
That was the case with MR and that didn't stop ML and MS from adapting the term. XR was just invented in 2015. No one is saying that it will be anything, but one thing's for sure - the industry has embraced it. There is a major summit named after XR. There are companies branding with XR. Major corps are using the term...all within a very, VERY short period of time. Industry wide adaption appears to be here or around the corner. But what you seem to have missed (maybe you're new to this thread?) is that I've been saying it was never meant to be a consumer term and likely never will. Go back a few pages and you'll understand my stance on XR.. Everyone here knows that I have been warning from the start that it's a risk to assume it will be anything more than an industry term, not consumer...

@KingslayerVR these are my main investments below. All non-consumer focused keywords. That's been my target when regging XR names. XR is for industry people as an umbrella term. That may change someday but as of now and the next few years it will likely remain that way, UNLESS an influential company like Apple brands a major product with XR. This has been what I've been saying...Not sure about others here.

XRDevelopers / com
XRJobs / com
XRAdvertiser / com
XRAssociation / com
XRAccelerator / com
XRInvestments / com
XRConvention / com
XRAwards / com
CommercialXR / com

Last edited:
•••
@KingslayerVR these are my main investments below. All non-consumer focused keywords. That's been my target when regging XR names. XR is for industry people as an umbrella term. That may change someday but as of now and the next few years it will likely remain that way, UNLESS an influential company like Apple brains a major product with XR. This has been what I've been saying...Not sure about others here.

XRDevelopers / com
XRJobs / com
XRAdvertiser / com
XRAssociation / com
XRAccelerator / com
XRInvestments / com
XRConvention / com
XRAwards / com
CommercialXR / com

If a company is Branding with XR, its basically letting people know what it is =consumer

Anyways, got 1 out of my 50 that fits your way of registering.

Better than most names

XRnetwork(.)com

•••

No I’m not new to the thread, been following it from the start and aware of your past views on the term.

Personally i think companies who brand around XR are not doing it because they are massive advocates of the term, it may be that case now their companies are called that, but originally i think it was just a case of they saw the term mentioned a few times and it was easier/cheaper to call themselves ‘FitXR’ than it was ‘FitVR’.

That’s only going to last so long for start-ups though, especially now more XR domains are being registered by domainers – Similar thing happened with ‘Holo’ a few companies branded around that term to start with as I’m sure it was cheaper option.

Next 6 months we’ll start seeing how XR as a term and how XR domains is going to go, because if companies want to call themselves XR+keyword they will have to pay a premium for XR domains rather than register them and companies (so far) don’t appear to want to pay for AR/MR domains, so let’s see if they do XR.

Last edited:
•••
If a company is Branding with XR, its basically letting people know what it is =consumer

Anyways, got 1 out of my 50 that fits your way of registering.

Better than most names

XRnetwork(.)com

Yes and no... Not necessarily.

Most people using the term are referring to the industry. If company that is targeting *consumers* brands its self with XR you have to wonder what the motivation is, because consumers are not aware of the term. Could be a number of things not related to using XR as industry professionals would in conversation. But XRConnects is the ideal brand type that I expect to see more of next year. Industry related context.

•••
No I’m not new to the thread, been following it from the start and aware of your past views on the term.

Personally i think companies who brand around XR are not doing it because they are massive advocates of the term, it may be that case now their companies are called that, but originally i think it was just a case of they saw the term mentioned a few times and it was easier/cheaper to call themselves ‘FitXR’ than it was ‘FitVR’.

That’s only going to last so long for start-ups though, especially now more XR domains are being registered by domainers – Similar thing happened with ‘Holo’ a few companies branded around that term to start with as I’m sure it was cheaper option.

Next 6 months we’ll start seeing how XR as a term and how XR domains is going to go, because if companies want to call themselves XR+keyword they will have to pay a premium for XR domains rather than register them and companies (so far) don’t appear to want to pay for AR/MR domains, so let’s see if they do XR.

So basically you are saying Holo is also dead? No sales lately? All is dead but VR? Because i pretty much know otherwise :)

•••
Yes and no... Not necessarily.

Most people using the term are referring to the industry. If company that is targeting *consumers* brands its self with XR you have to wonder what the motivation is, because consumers are not aware of the term. Could be a number of things not related to using XR as industry professionals would in conversation. But XRConnects is the ideal brand type that I expect to see more of next year. Industry related context.

Motivation is to brand the future term now , add an explanation for now and let go of it later on, instead of brand now and rebrand later when you are already an established company. That's what stands for many and im not talking about my own opinion here.

•••
So basically you are saying Holo is also dead? No sales lately? All is dead but VR? Because i pretty much know otherwise :)

No I’m saying companies have no problem paying for VR domains, but don’t like paying for MR/AR domains, this is not just my opinion but an actual fact, NameBio shows this.

Sure, same can be said for holo+keywords, not the full word ‘hologram’ (good sale recently) which could be used for a few things totally unrelated to VR/AR.

And if you know something NameBio doesn’t, feel free to share. Only thing you will know though that NameBio doesn’t is domainers trading between themselves and that’s not really a market imo.

Last edited:
•••
No I’m saying companies have no problem paying for VR domains, but don’t like paying for MR/AR domains, this is not just my opinion but an actual fact, NameBio shows this.

Sure, same can be said for holo+keywords, not the full word ‘hologram’ (good sale recently) which could be used for a few things totally unrelated to VR/AR.

And if you know something NameBio doesn’t, feel free to share. Only thing you will know though that NameBio doesn’t is domainers trading between themselves and that’s not really a market imo.

Lol, only recently 2 holo names sold one mid xxxx one low xx,xxx both not on namebio, both not domainers.

Namebio is not the bible, just a TOOL.

All is good.

•••

No one wants to pay for AR names because there isn't or barely is an industry yet. No one with a brain would be interested in MR names because that's just stupid... Its something Windows owns now lol... Plus too many people disagree on what it is exactly.

•••
Wow just woke up and saw all this chat on xr it has come from an unknown term and i have seen it gain more use but to me it makes perfect business sense imagine being known as a vr company or ar company or mr etc but imagine the power of being known as all these terms xr umbrellas all these technology together from a business point of view more bang for your buck

•••
Lol, only recently 2 holo names sold one mid xxxx one low xx,xxx both not on namebio, both not domainers.

Namebio is not the bible, just a TOOL.

All is good.

Source and what domains?

•••
•••
If owner dont want to share i wont share for him but im not the only one knowing about sales.

Ok, well a market can’t be built around secrecy or ‘taking someone’s word for it’.

Only publicized sales is a credible way to see if a market is there.

•••
Ok, well a market can’t be built around secrecy or ‘taking someone’s word for it’.

Only publicized sales is a credible way to see if a market is there.

Im not even invested in holo besides a few names.
Just want to share a lot of stuff are happening many times behind the scenes. Take it wherever you want to take it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back