IT.COM

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
About Windows Mixed Reality, i Dont know what it will do to MR but im positive Mixed Reality names will have a market soon besides the 'offer here offer there' we are having now.

•••
Last edited:
•••
About Windows Mixed Reality, i Dont know what it will do to MR but im positive Mixed Reality names will have a market soon besides the 'offer here offer there' we are having now.

Personally i think Mixed Reality is going way the of Merged, you only have to look at the Mixed Reality thread, it's dead!

As said before, Microsoft calling their VR headsets 'Mixed Reality' killed MR ever becoming a seperate reality alongside VR/AR, just as Intel killed Merged ever becoming a seperate reality at their 2nd press conference.

If Microsoft killed it, the emergence of XR (not sure how far thats going to go) is burying it, as XR is being deemed what i believe you hoped Mixed Reality is was going to be deemed 'the spectrum'.

Stick with what i said a while back, for Mixed Reality to ever have a future as far as MixedReality+keyword MR+keyword domains go, best thing that could happen is Microsoft stop using 'Mixed Reality' as a marketing term for its own VR/AR headsets, 'hope' people forget the damage they done with it and 'hope' Mixed Reality goes back to how Milgram described it in time.

•••
Personally i think Mixed Reality is going way the of Merged, you only have to look at the Mixed Reality thread, it's dead!

As said before, Microsoft calling their VR headsets 'Mixed Reality' killed MR ever becoming a seperate reality alongside VR/AR, just as Intel killed Merged ever becoming a seperate reality at their 2nd press conference.

If Microsoft killed it, the emergence of XR (not sure how far thats going to go) is burying it, as XR is being deemed what i believe you hoped Mixed Reality is was going to be deemed 'the spectrum'.

Stick with what i said a while back, for Mixed Reality to ever have a future as far as MixedReality+keyword MR+keyword domains go, best thing that could happen is Microsoft stop using 'Mixed Reality' as a marketing term for its own VR/AR headsets, 'hope' people forget the damage they done with it and 'hope' Mixed Reality goes back to how Milgram described it in time.

Elad is feeling more positive because of Apple's latest acquisition of a headset startup (VRvana) that makes VR HMDs that can also use cameras to simulate AR. Apple has been avoiding "MR" as a term for good reason, but there is that slight possibility that they may decide to use "MR" to describe a headset created from the recent patents they've acquired with their purchase of VRvana.

There's also the possibility that they would call their headset "XR", which Elad would also benefit from given he owns XRHeadset dot king.

I somehow doubt that they'll go with MR or XR but you never know...

•••
Elad is feeling more positive because of Apple's latest acquisition of a headset startup (VRvana) that makes VR HMDs that can also use cameras to simulate AR. Apple has been avoiding "MR" as a term for good reason, but there is that slight possibility that they may decide to use "MR" to describe a headset created from the recent patents they've acquired with their purchase of VRvana.

There's also the possibility that they would call their headset "XR", which Elad would also benefit from given he owns XRHeadset dot king.

Yeah i can’t see them going with XR or MR myself either.

As far as domains go though, me personally if i was heavily invested in both MR and XR, I’d seriously start looking at which term i believe in the most and with the one you believe in less, possibly keep your very best keywords (just in case) but slowly start shifting the just the ‘okays’ and ‘good’ as both XR/MR terms aren’t going to co-exist with each other, as they make each other redundant in what they define.

Last edited:
•••
Yeah i can’t see them going with XR or MR myself either.

As far as domains go though, me personally if i was heavily invested in both MR and XR, I’d seriously start looking at which term i believe in the most and with the one you believe in less, possibly keep your very best keywords (just in case) but slowly start shifting the just the ‘okays’ and ‘good’ as both XR/MR terms aren’t going to co-exist with each other, as they make each other redundant in what they define.

Thanks for the advice guys haha..

Not the reason if feel Mixed Reality will work.
I know about VRvana and frankly i dont care about it. Im just seeing the name being used and spreading over many companies besides Microsoft and not in relation to their headsets.

As for Only keeping the strongest keywords , i believe this advice is relevant to any other tech.. Keep the good and relevant keywords, drop/sell the others..

Cheers :)

•••

I hope XRReality and Elad are thinking through the possible implications of their smut xr names.

If XR smut sites start appearing before the term XR has really gone mainstream then it could well put off the likes of Apple from ever using it let alone naming a headset after it. I mean, it's not difficult as it is to see how the term XR could quickly pick up inherent smut associations.

If I were XRReality, I would for example be asking that guy who offered to buy XRTube how he was intending to use it. Fair enough, you guys own the Daddy of all XR smut names, but even there you might be compromising the future value of XR smut if you let it out of the bag too early and XR becomes synonymous with adult and hampers the mainstream adoption of the term.

•••
I hope XRReality and Elad are thinking through the possible implications of their smut xr names.

If XR smut sites start appearing before the term XR has really gone mainstream then it could well put off the likes of Apple from ever using it let alone naming a headset after it. I mean, it's not difficult as it is to see how the term XR could quickly pick up inherent smut associations.

If I were XRReality, I would for example be asking that guy who offered to buy XRTube how he was intending to use it. Fair enough, you guys own the Daddy of all XR smut names, but even there you might be compromising the future value of XR smut if you let it out of the bag too early and XR becomes synonymous with adult and hampers the mainstream adoption of the term.

Cheers mate :)

I own the name with @NamePov and not taking apple into consideration in regards to the name usage or XRheadsets usage.

If i learned something its
1) follow your instincts
2) go as wide as you can with name picking and assume anything can go wrong

Will be an interesting ride, thats for sure.

•••
Cheers mate @cordoba many thanks i am doing my best to do the right thing by xr but as vr has found adult is just one small part of many parts that make up vr i see xr in the same boat adult will be just one side of a much larger picture i see for xr but i appreciate your concern mate

Last edited:
•••

The daddy of all XR domains is XRSummit/com my friend, because most people who will use the term will not have the average consumer in mind. The overwhelmingly most common usage for XR has been for acknowledging all immersive technologies as an umbrella term. If you search for simply "XR" alone you'll see that consumers are already familiar with the acronym in a variety of use cases not related to immersive tech or p*rn. For example if you search "XR" on Facebook you'll see many non-related groups and pages.

A lot of domains *MIGHT* be wasting their money on names like XRBlackjack if more companies are educated about what XR actually means to the industry, because I don't see companies marketing AR and VR applications under the same name...that is unless a big, influential company like Apple names their headset "XR", possibly as a means of avoiding association with WMR.

VR headsets that have cameras in the front and also simulate AR are not the original definition mixed reality, so some "clever" CEO may come up with the "bright" idea of naming their headset "XR Whatever".

Times are confusing nowadays. XR may help ease that confusion, but with massive adoption of a term comes the monetization... Commercial usage and we can't always know if companies will properly use a term as it was intended... Just look at how MS fucked up MR....

•••
Cheers mate @cordoba many thanks i am doing my best to do the right thing by xr but as vr has found adult is just one small part of many parts that make up vr i see xr in the same boat adult will be just one side of a much larger picture i see for xr but i appreciate your concern mate

Well xr is not in the same boat as VR. VR has a decades history, whereas XR is one of a number of terms competing to be the 'catchall' for all of these virtual techs that are taking off. XR clearly has potential adult connotations ( X Rated, XXX Reality etc). Further, adult is not just one side of a bigger picture, it's by some way the largest driving factor behind VR at the moment, just as it has been behind so many techs in the past. At the moment, adult VR is failing, and hence virtual reality as a tech is failing.

•••
Well xr is not in the same boat as VR. VR has a decades history, whereas XR is one of a number of terms competing to be the 'catchall' for all of these virtual techs that are taking off. XR clearly has potential adult connotations ( X Rated, XXX Reality etc). Further, adult is not just one side of a bigger picture, it's by some way the largest driving factor behind VR at the moment, just as it has been behind so many techs in the past. At the moment, adult VR is failing, and hence virtual reality as a tech is failing.

When you say adult VR is failing what do you base this on.

Millions upon Millions are searching for adult related VR on a regular basis?

There are customers willing to pay for adult VR experiences as well which is a really good sign.

You might have reasons why you say adult VR is failing but from what I have witnessed so far I believe it's doing pretty well.

Last edited:
•••
The overwhelmingly most common usage for XR has been for acknowledging all immersive technologies as an umbrella term. If you search for simply "XR" alone you'll see that consumers are already familiar with the acronym in a variety of use cases not related to immersive tech or p*rn. For example if you search "XR" on Facebook you'll see many non-related groups and pages.

A lot of domains *MIGHT* be wasting their money on names like XRBlackjack if more companies are educated about what XR actually means to the industry, because I don't see companies marketing AR and VR applications under the same name...that is unless a big, influential company like Apple names their headset "XR", possibly as a means of avoiding association with WMR.

I think the mistake ‘some’ people are making with XR is they think because it’s being used as an umbrella term, it means it’s ‘the best’ and may make VR/AR become obsolete.

It doesn’t work like that, ‘TV’ is under the umbrella of ‘Entertainment’ – Yet TV domain sales by far exceed ‘Entertainment’ sales.

Hotel’s is under the umbrella of ‘Hospitably’, yet hotel domain sales exceed ‘Hospitality’. Car/s under the umbrella of the ‘Automotive’ yet Cars.com is the highest valued domain of all-time ($872m) and you can go on and on from things like Football/Golf being under the umbrella of ‘Sport’.

What people need to look at is results and at the moment the results say the only domains that can represent virtual tech that’s worth investing in that clearly sells and has a market is VR/Virtual and ‘V’ domains.

The AR domain market hasn’t taken off yet, not sure it ever will even though it’s probably bigger than VR already. So I’m good with VR being 2nd fiddle to something or under something’s ‘umbrella’ as long as domain sales are still strong.

Sure XR is a new term, so still early days and worth investing, especially for reg fee, but until there’s clearly a domain market there, it’s not worth going crazy or you could end up sitting on a load domains like some are with AR because there’s no market (yet) that you can’t flog.

Last edited:
•••
The daddy of all XR domains is XRSummit/com my friend, because most people who will use the term will not have the average consumer in mind. The overwhelmingly most common usage for XR has been for acknowledging all immersive technologies as an umbrella term. If you search for simply "XR" alone you'll see that consumers are already familiar with the acronym in a variety of use cases not related to immersive tech or p*rn. For example if you search "XR" on Facebook you'll see many non-related groups and pages.

VR headsets that have cameras in the front and also simulate AR are not the original definition mixed reality, so some "clever" CEO may come up with the "bright" idea of naming their headset "XR Whatever".

Times are confusing nowadays. XR may help ease that confusion, but with massive adoption of a term comes the monetization... Commercial usage and we can't always know if companies will properly use a term as it was intended... Just look at how MS f*cked up MR....

Ok , XRsummit is the king lol
Maybe it will get all the lowballers of our back :xf.laugh::xf.laugh::xf.laugh::xf.laugh:

•••
•••
When you say adult VR is failing what do you base this on.

Millions upon Millions are searching for adult related VR on a regular basis?

There are customers willing to pay for adult VR experiences as well which is a really good sign.

You might have reasons why you say adult VR is failing but from what I have witnessed so far I believe it's doing pretty well.

On the basis I've been promoting smut for years and one of the few people on the planet who can compare directly the examples of 3d stereo smut and vr smut.

There is less search for adult vr now than 18 months ago. There are already vr paysites folding. One of the biggest brands in smut haven't paid me or other webmasters for months and are undergoing a class action lawsuit - all because of their expensive gamble on vr.

Last edited:
•••
•••
On the basis I've been promoting smut for years and one of the few people on the planet who can compare directly the examples of 3d stereo smut and vr smut.

There is less search for adult vr now than 18 months ago. There are already vr paysites folding. One of the biggest brands in smut haven't paid me or other webmasters for months and are undergoing a class action lawsuit - all because of their expensive gamble on vr.

Well you are misinformed if you think the bigger VR pay sites are folding.

A couple of companies tried promoting VR cams, but it's too early for that and yes that didn't work out too well for them and obviously the small VR paysites will always have a struggle to compete with pimproll and all the other big affiliate programs.

There are lots more jumping into adult VR than jumping out and some very interesting concepts being played about with.

I was also around in the 3D era but VR is a totally different ball game to 3D and many on gfy even acknowledge this.

•••
I think the mistake ‘some’ people are making with XR is they think because it’s being used as an umbrella term, it means it’s ‘the best’ and may make VR/AR become obsolete.

It doesn’t work like that, ‘TV’ is under the umbrella of ‘Entertainment’ – Yet TV domain sales by far exceed ‘Entertainment’ sales.

Hotel’s is under the umbrella of ‘Hospitably’, yet hotel domain sales exceed ‘Hospitality’. Car/s under the umbrella of the ‘Automotive’ yet Cars.com is the highest valued domain of all-time ($872m) and you can go on and on from things like Football/Golf being under the umbrella of ‘Sport’.

What people need to look at is results and at the moment the results say the only domains that can represent virtual tech that’s worth investing in that clearly sells and has a market is VR/Virtual and ‘V’ domains.

The AR domain market hasn’t taken off yet, not sure it ever will even though it’s probably bigger than VR already. So I’m good with VR being 2nd fiddle to something or under something’s ‘umbrella’ as long as domain sales are still strong.

Sure XR is a new term, so still early days and worth investing, especially for reg fee, but until there’s clearly a domain market there, it’s not worth going crazy or you could end up sitting on a load domains like some are with AR because there’s no market (yet) that you can’t flog.

Not to be a smart ass (I just want to clarify for others who don't quite get it yet), but you are using the wrong analogy, because entertainment and hospitality are intangible things and they are not exactly umbrella terms for hotels and TVs. Better analogies would be:

Vehicles (Cars, Vans, Trucks, etc)
Computers (PCs, Desktops, Laptops, Tablets)
Reptiles (Snakes, Lizards)
Video Game (RPGs, Shooters, Racing, MMO)

•••

I think its better to wait with your mistake remark.
Still way early :)

•••
Ok , XRsummit is the king lol
Maybe it will get all the lowballers of our back :xf.laugh::xf.laugh::xf.laugh::xf.laugh:

XRP*rn may sale tomorrow to a company that can't get or afford a good VR p*rn related name, but I don't think it's the king of XR domains at this moment. Adult AR content is definitely on the way though, so if there is a company that will do both (AR and VR adult content) they would be tempted to purchase the XR P*rn, especially if consumers become aware of XR within an immersive technology context, but that's the problem...they aren't at this moment in time and there is no indication that they ever will any time soon (that I've seen anyway, could be wrong), so if you are asking for a lot for XRP*rn potential buyers may be discouraged.

XRSummit on the other hand and other cross-immersive-tech-industry terms like Convention, Expo, Congress, Awards, Developers, Investments, etc that would see situations that people will need to refer to both AR and VR at this very moment obviously have more value. AR p*rn will likely need for volumetric tech to catch up before it becomes a thing, even after glasses are released into the wild, because it's really behind! But that day will definitely come....

GirlfriendXR / king - My only adult themed XR name...

Last edited:
•••
XRP*rn may sale tomorrow to a company that can't get or afford a good VR p*rn related name, but I don't think it's the king of XR domains at this moment. Adult AR content is definitely on the way though, so if there is a company that will do both (AR and VR adult content) they would be tempted to purchase the XR P*rn, especially if consumers become aware of XR within an immersive technology context, but that's the problem...they aren't at this moment in time and there is no indication that they ever will any time soon (that I've seen anyway, could be wrong), so if you are asking for a lot for XRP*rn potential buyers may be discouraged.

XRSummit on the other hand and other cross-immersive-tech-industry terms like Convention, Expo, Congress, Awards, Developers, Investments, etc that would see situations that people will need to refer to both AR and VR at this very moment obviously have more value. AR p*rn will likely need for volumetric tech to catch up before it becomes a thing, even after glasses are released into the wild, because it's really behind! But that day will definitely come....

GirlfriendXR / king - My only adult themed XR name...

Completely agree.

About XRporn it is not for sale so it doesn't really matter ..

•••
Well you are misinformed if you think the bigger VR pay sites are folding.

A couple of companies tried promoting VR cams, but it's too early for that and yes that didn't work out too well for them and obviously the small VR paysites will always have a struggle to compete with pimproll and all the other big affiliate programs.

There are lots more jumping into adult VR than jumping out and some very interesting concepts being played about with.

I was also around in the 3D era but VR is a totally different ball game to 3D and many on gfy even acknowledge this.

Well the site I mentioned is one of the biggest in adult per se and owes their affiliates hundreds of thousands of dollars.

It takes months or years to launch a VR studio. Yes there is still the occasional new site appearing but they probably made that decision a year ago when things were very much brighter. The market is way oversaturated at the moment. Sure the smaller sites will be the first to go but unless the market starts to grow (and it hasn't since last xmas), then I doubt if there's room for all of the bigger sites.

VR as it is at the moment is not a completely different ball game. It's still 3D stereo with the advantage it's immersive and has head tracking. You could argue the disadvantages of regular 3D stereo are even worse - instead of having to wear a pair of glasses, now you have to wear a sweaty bulky headset.

Potentially VR is a different ball game, we know that. At the moment it's not much different to 3D stereo and I doubt if it will become very much bigger than it is now (a tiny niche) until there are some big advances in the tech, which will hopefully come but perhaps not for a few years. AR smut will probably be much much bigger, just as AR in general will be, but we really don't know how that is going to play out in terms of websites and domain names.

Most of the people on GFY are complete idiots. I don't think I've ever known a forum where the general IQ is so low.

Last edited:
•••
Bit of a coincidence but AnaglyphP*** in King just dropped into my account. I remember contacting the owner 8 or 9 years ago and he was adamant he wouldn't sell it for less than $xx,xxx

•••
FABB1568-9E92-4E1F-9D8C-777038091790.png
Bit of a coincidence but AnaglyphP*** in King just dropped into my account. I remember contacting the owner 8 or 9 years ago and he was adamant he wouldn't sell it for less than $xx,xxx
Lol i must be getting old i had to look up what Anaglyph is

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back