Dynadot

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't recommend posting the domain you are discussing with a potential buyer until the sale is complete. That's not a wise move, even if the sale is successful.

•••
Well... I went looking for something that was pleasing to the 'heavy XR' folks that puts/sums-up how I see it in a proper perspective that anyone could understand.
I found something with less detail but does the job.
And goes to a old point that I made some time ago about it being more about the
EXPERIENCE -2015 https://www.namepros.com/posts/5170512/
This is tailored to marketers.
https://www.marketingprofs.com/video/2017/33150/how-xr-ar-and-vr-applications-are-changing-marketing
But the point is that how many folks need to describe it as XR. Only those that are describing it all.
Not going to help if you are selling VR experience or a AR experience and if you do both, you are more likely to describe it as a MR/WMR experience. Provided you match the criteria set out by Microsoft.
If I have a VR device, I am going to look for VR content.
Nobody is selling devices or content that is 'all the above'. Compatibility and search/seo is the issue.
But JMHO... Sorry to beat that horse a little more. bruised up pretty good now, hey?

•••
Well... I went looking for something that was pleasing to the 'heavy XR' folks that puts/sums-up how I see it in a proper perspective that anyone could understand.
https://www.marketingprofs.com/video/2017/33150/how-xr-ar-and-vr-applications-are-changing-marketing
But the point is that how many folks need to describe it as XR. Only those that are describing it all.
Not going to help if you are selling VR experience or a AR experience and if you do both, you are more likely to describe it as a MR/WMR experience. Provided you match the criteria set out by Microsoft.
Nobody is selling devices or content that is 'all the above'. Compatibility and search/seo is the issue.
But JMHO... Sorry to beat that horse a little more. bruised up pretty good now, hey?

Still holding:-

2cxb0c4.jpg

Been some good ‘experience’ domain sales in last 6 months:-

Experience.TV - $35,000 - 2017-09-19
OwnTheExperience.com - $25,000 - 2017-08-20
JobExperience.com - $11,000 - 2017-07-02
ExperienceOS.com - $8,000 - 2017-05-10
YourExperience.com - $6,500 - 2017-04-19

•••
Still holding:-

2cxb0c4.jpg

Been some good ‘experience’ domain sales in last 6 months:-

Experience.TV - $35,000 - 2017-09-19
OwnTheExperience.com - $25,000 - 2017-08-20
JobExperience.com - $11,000 - 2017-07-02
ExperienceOS.com - $8,000 - 2017-05-10
YourExperience.com - $6,500 - 2017-04-19
Yea, those are nice sales but I am referring to it this way...

(experiance) - fill in the blank variable
Not as a word.
vrTIMETRAVEL
vr GOLF ing/course/training
As I posted 2 years ago, if you can dream of it, someone will eventual create it in vr.
And you are not the only person that might think it would be cool.
But those that are most popular real things that most can't easily do in the real world are likely first candidates,
especially if they are easier to do with current tech.

edit: it has been my target anyway !

Last edited:
•••
e-SportsVR / VRe-Sports / ImmersiveSports / VRPVP / PVPVR

e-Sports Get Physical In VR Challenger League

A new breed of cyber-athlete is breaking ground in VR esports, proving not all video games are played sitting down.

Advancing in the Virtual Reality Challenger League (VRCL) takes more than excelling at video games. At the North American regional qualifier last month in San Jose, winning required something unique: a high tolerance for pain.

Will Romero, who plays for the team Dyskovr, injured his shoulder while hurling a virtual disc in the game Echo Arena, a three-on-three multiplayer game that’s played like hockey in zero gravity. Romero’s teammate Kevin Douglas once stubbed his finger so hard that he felt lightheaded and missed practice. Another teammate, Dave Fox, suffered a soft tissue injury under his rib cage from swinging his arms too hard.

“The physicality on the stage was exciting,” said Lisa Watts, who leads Intel’s involvement in the VRCL. “Players were putting their whole body into it.”

Read more: https://www.vrroom.buzz/vr-news/games/e-sports-get-physical-vr-challenger-league

•••
e-SportsVR / VRe-Sports / ImmersiveSports / VRPVP / PVPVR

e-Sports Get Physical In VR Challenger League

A new breed of cyber-athlete is breaking ground in VR esports, proving not all video games are played sitting down.

Advancing in the Virtual Reality Challenger League (VRCL) takes more than excelling at video games. At the North American regional qualifier last month in San Jose, winning required something unique: a high tolerance for pain.

Will Romero, who plays for the team Dyskovr, injured his shoulder while hurling a virtual disc in the game Echo Arena, a three-on-three multiplayer game that’s played like hockey in zero gravity. Romero’s teammate Kevin Douglas once stubbed his finger so hard that he felt lightheaded and missed practice. Another teammate, Dave Fox, suffered a soft tissue injury under his rib cage from swinging his arms too hard.

“The physicality on the stage was exciting,” said Lisa Watts, who leads Intel’s involvement in the VRCL. “Players were putting their whole body into it.”

Read more: https://www.vrroom.buzz/vr-news/games/e-sports-get-physical-vr-challenger-league

I like ImmersiveSports very much.. Dont sell cheap! It will come to you.

•••
The horse is running around just fine getting more action on xr than any other i own such as ar holo immersive which surprises me a lot i thought ar would be more action but no it is dead apples big bang for ar was a big spark but just needs some more time

•••
•••
•••
I don't recommend posting the domain you are discussing with a potential buyer until the sale is complete. That's not a wise move, even if the sale is successful.
Having had legal issues in the past where a owners known written records online can work against them even in ways you can not predict, building a bizarre case you can not imagine,
I don't recommend talking much about 'the name' at all unless totally generic talk.

But to each his own. I'm perfectly happy and wanting to listen to what anyone wants to share.
I have my own built-in BS filter and it's up to each to keep there's tuned up.
What impresses me the most are good methods followed through to make the end sale.
And it looks like we just had one of those.

•••
•••
Having had legal issues in the past where a owners known written records online can work against them even in ways you can not predict, building a bizarre case you can not imagine,
I don't recommend talking much about 'the name' at all unless totally generic talk.

But to each his own. I'm perfectly happy and wanting to listen to what anyone wants to share.
I have my own built-in BS filter and it's up to each to keep there's tuned up.
What impresses me the most are good methods followed through to make the end sale.
And it looks like we just had one of those.
I agree but i felt i was being questioned on my honesty and i dont take too well to this when i feel that this in question

So @Winfluence says its not me he is questioning then he should name who here is spreading wrong information as this affects us all .

Last edited:
•••
I agree but i felt i was being questioned on my honesty and i dont take too well to this when i feel that this in question

So @Winfluence says its not me he is questioning then he should name who here is spreading wrong information as this affects us all .
Please, Let it rest, I was not referring to your spat.

•••
Please, Let it rest, I was not referring to your spat.
I want to know what i read here is correct and true if not then this needs to be cleared up if people spread wrong info as @Winfluence states you have a duty of care to correct this

•••
I want to know what i read here is correct and true if not then this needs to be cleared up if people spread wrong info as @Winfluence states you have a duty of care to correct this
There is no way of verifying offer activity. We all know that.
It's no different than a argument over value of a name.
You just make your best points and move on.
The value is in the share and everyone will see it differently.
Just express your best. It is your reputation in a SMALL FORUM read by many.

•••
•••
•••
•••
In my country Black Friday started today, visited the most popular ecommerce website and here's what I found.
PS4 PRO has $100 off and PS VR $150, both sold out in about 4-5h.

•••
In my country Black Friday started today, visited the most popular ecommerce website and here's what I found.
PS4 PRO has $100 off and PS VR $150, both sold out in about 4-5h.
While I can't speak tot his specific promotion, most times when a large electronics manufactures runs a
black fri special on a big ticket item, the quanity is always limited at first.
It's just a marketing tactic.
It ramps-up product anticipation and gives them some idea of where their price points need to be going into the bulk xmas sales to obtain the right sales/mark-up ratio.
So I do wonder how many units that was 'sold-out'. Often we will never know.
I had seen the announcement of the price drop the other day and learned that the EU had a black fri too.
I had thought it was a US thing only. LOL

•••
•••
I had seen the announcement of the price drop the other day and learned that the EU had a black fri too.
I had thought it was a US thing only. LOL

I think it was until a few years ago and then Amazon basically introduced it over here.

•••
"The purpose of smart glasses will be to place computer-generated content in the user’s field of view or ears.

This content includes augmented reality, mixed reality, virtual reality, 360 video, heads-up displays and contextual audio.

Instead of looking at a rectangular screen, we’ll see words and pictures and objects and virtual environments by simply looking around."

https://www-computerworld-com.cdn.a...re-of-smart-glasses-comes-into-focus.amp.html

•••
I think I have SMART coverage... LOL
VRsmartGoggle(s) MRsmartGoggles ARsmartGoggles XRsmartGlasses 3Dsmartgoggle(s) SmartSpeks
VRsmartCams 360smartCams
Probably most of these do not play well until they build-in voice response systems.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back