IT.COM

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Doubt if I can post the link here but there is a high tech adult toy company called 'XR Brands' that's just released a 'vr toy for men'.

•••
Doubt if I can post the link here but there is a high tech adult toy company called 'XR Brands' that's just released a 'vr toy for men'.

That XR again.

I just hope ill ever get an offer for any of my xr names..

•••
That XR again.

I just hope ill ever get an offer for any of my xr names..

Yes yes i was cynical.
Stuff are moving for AR XR & MR. Offers are coming for good names. Quality is the key.

•••
•••
https://tweakers.net/nieuws/130101/...sung-voor-windows-mixed-reality-platform.html

Renders show Samsung glasses for Windows Mixed Reality platform

Translated with Google.

Also Samsung seems to come up with a FREE Glasses for the Windows Mixed Reality Platform. Renders show the glasses along with motion controllers. Specifications are not yet known. The introduction may take place on October 3rd, during an event of Microsoft.

The renders are posted on Twitter by @WalkingCat, a person who has more information about new products related to Microsoft. Samsung has not announced anything about the arrival of the VR glasses. The company previously used the Gear VR glasses for its smartphones, in collaboration with Oculus.

On the ranks of Samsung's Windows Mixed Reality glasses, there are no references to Oculus. The design of the glasses resembles that of the other glasses that manufacturers like Acer, Asus, Dell and HP have already announced. The glasses contain an integrated headset labeled AKG. Samsung took over Harman a year ago, where AKG is part of it.

2001668019.jpeg

Last edited:
•••
I think this is big news if true. Samsung and their huge VR market share... when they collaborate / brand with the Mixed Reality platform of Microsoft the MR keyword will get a lot of exposure.

Last edited:
•••
Yes yes i was cynical.
Stuff are moving for AR XR & MR. Offers are coming for good names. Quality is the key.

Yes quality is key. Must be ready to renewal domains for years to come...

•••
Content for VR consumers is key. Live 360 events will provide a massive amount of content very quickly for VR headsets.

Vimeo Acquires Livestream, Launches Live Video Product

Live streaming was the top request among Vimeo's 50-million-person creator community, according to CEO Anjali Sud. She notes that live streaming, combined with 360 video and other updates, brings Vimeo closer to offering "an end-to-end solution across a creator's entire video workflow."

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
We are seeing 3 times the activity in announcements we seen just 6 months ago.
Mostly content and that is a good thing.
I would say, so many that I'm finding it hard to find the most significant ones.
But I'm sure that will grow a bunch more over the next few weeks when the long awaited hardware actually hits the market. And I'm hoping it is followed up with advertising.

If you are still looking for domain bargains, I might suggest looking at the drop lists.
Yes, most are junk but you can't find what you are 'NOT looking for'.
I have located several buys in sedo's BIN area whereas the pricing must be desperate domainers.
All names I located are names that were previously priced out of my profit margins so yes,
I am revisiting old hunches.
What I am pointing out is that it may be your last chance to find a hidden gem with a chance to move them short of 4 years. The odds of moving a hand reg you buy today are very much stacked against you.
But my money is looking at aftermarket bargains.

•••
Picked this up from godaddy expired for a couple of bucks, not a massive fan and it is a bit too longtail for me plus Intel have just stop making the product but worth a hold for a year I guess

MergedRealityGlasses [com]

•••
Picked this up from godaddy expired for a couple of bucks, not a massive fan and it is a bit too longtail for me plus Intel have just stop making the product but worth a hold for a year I guess

While I did not buy into the term 'merged', for those that did, I still suggest wait and see for up to 2 years and see what happens in the market. As long as it is strong and makes sense.
There are worse ways to invest your money than a few cheap chance bets.

•••

@420domainer & i got MixedRealityGlasses in King for a lot more lol.. No risk factor for you :)

•••
I have always liked hardware names for new media. Especially for the 'next (3rd) gen' of hardware.
Perhaps because I understand it's marketing better than software. Limited but finite.
In the 'long term', I find these the most interesting potential of my hardware holdings.
VRsmartGoggle(s)
3DsmartGoggle(s) - (plays better in the asian markets)
ARsmartGoggles
MRsmartGoggles
XRsmartGlasses
I did wait to long in reg'n arsmartglasses and someone else is the proud owner. Perhaps in here?
But I did carry that to the cam market that I'm also pretty big on....
VRsmartCam(s)
While I figure I will be waiting a while, I think it will be worth it in the end.
Yes, I think the AI is best represented in the domain market as keyword 'smart'.

•••

As said the other day, Merged Reality still as legs, was never about Intel.

Ericsson did another article on ‘Merged Reality’ back in July and good chance with Intel dropping their use of it, more companies will adopt the term (i don’t think Intel did too much damage with it) hopefully similar to how Ericsson are promoting it (XR).

Strong keywords (games/glasses/p*rn/video/tv etc) are always worth keeping.

Last edited:
•••
I have always liked hardware names for new media. Especially for the 'next (3rd) gen' of hardware.
Perhaps because I understand it's marketing better than software. Limited but finite.
In the 'long term', I find these the most interesting potential of my hardware holdings.
VRsmartGoggle(s)
3DsmartGoggle(s) - (plays better in the asian markets)
ARsmartGoggles
MRsmartGoggles
XRsmartGlasses
I did wait to long in reg'n arsmartglasses and someone else is the proud owner. Perhaps in here?
But I did carry that to the cam market that I'm also pretty big on....
VRsmartCam(s)
While I figure I will be waiting a while, I think it will be worth it in the end.
Yes, I think the AI is best represented in the domain market as keyword 'smart'.

@xr reality got ARsmartglasses(.)com if I'm not mistaken

Last edited:
•••
Magic Wand for Oculus

https://www.vrfocus.com/2017/09/become-a-master-of-magical-combat-in-wands-for-oculus-rift/

Almost droped this one the past 2 years VRMagicWand (2013)
Probably has little hope still but we shall see over the next year. One more renewal is in order.
I had figured someone would do something similar with hardware.

I have:-
Untitled-ITg9jnZb.1506704825.jpg

Was my first buy more than reg fee.

It's one I'd be willing to let go for a fair offer, if it interests anyone feel free to make an offer *looks at that company based in Florida* :beaver:

•••
I have:-
Untitled-ITg9jnZb.1506704825.jpg

Was my first buy more than reg fee.

It's one I'd be willing to let go for a fair offer, if it interests anyone feel free to make an offer *looks at that company based in Florida* :beaver:

yer image not working:)

•••
•••
We are seeing 3 times the activity in announcements we seen just 6 months ago.
Mostly content and that is a good thing.
I would say, so many that I'm finding it hard to find the most significant ones.
But I'm sure that will grow a bunch more over the next few weeks when the long awaited hardware actually hits the market. And I'm hoping it is followed up with advertising.

If you are still looking for domain bargains, I might suggest looking at the drop lists.
Yes, most are junk but you can't find what you are 'NOT looking for'.
I have located several buys in sedo's BIN area whereas the pricing must be desperate domainers.
All names I located are names that were previously priced out of my profit margins so yes,
I am revisiting old hunches.
What I am pointing out is that it may be your last chance to find a hidden gem with a chance to move them short of 4 years. The odds of moving a hand reg you buy today are very much stacked against you.
But my money is looking at aftermarket bargains.

Always great points to share and keep reminding folks @VRdommy Agree on the moving the handregges part. If you didn't get in early, getting them now will be very challenging. I left hand regges alone a long time ago. I'll just add that this forum has been a blessing though. Buying from other domainers here has been another source of activity. Use the resource you have readily available. I think domainers sometimes get scared to reach out to each other. If someone has a name you like and you feel good about, have a discussion and consider sending an offer. I've bought many names from guys on the forum. Many from same folks. My portfolio is just as open too. I don't sell much but I do sell and trade. Don't be shy lol. But seriously use the forum to build up, it's a real nice vehicle and can be better than the marketplaces when the market is saturated. just my 2 cents. ;)

•••
Always great points to share and keep reminding folks @VRdommy Agree on the moving the handregges part. If you didn't get in early, getting them now will be very challenging. I left hand regges alone a long time ago. I'll just add that this forum has been a blessing though. Buying from other domainers here has been another source of activity. Use the resource you have readily available. I think domainers sometimes get scared to reach out to each other. If someone has a name you like and you feel good about, have a discussion and consider sending an offer. I've bought many names from guys on the forum. Many from same folks. My portfolio is just as open too. I don't sell much but I do sell and trade. Don't be shy lol. But seriously use the forum to build up, it's a real nice vehicle and can be better than the marketplaces when the market is saturated. just my 2 cents. ;)
Agree very much , but even with the DLS's, everyone is afraid to make a offer.
The worst that can happen is they say no or counter.
I have minimums on my listings that keep it from being embarrassing to either of us .LOL.
But you never will know if you might have caught them at the right moment now will you.
The worst sale is the one that never happens.
I just renewed offers on names I made years ago because it was over the minimum and still for sale.
Most turned me down.... again. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back