Dynadot

discuss Here is the game plan...Reviews?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Hello guys..

I have set up a small plan for the year.

I have decided to build a portfolio that has 3 categories of investments :

1) Long term investments - The domains that I see has huge value in the future and can be held until I find the perfect buyer. The big time sale type. Considering a 4-5 year time span for this.

2) Medium term investments - The domains that will have a minimum price tag in my mind. These will be the names I would sell when I am satisfied that the price being offered does justice to my expectations and the domain name. These would be in the range of $750 to $2000 sale price.

3) Short term investments - These names will be the liquidity providers. They will be the instant flip type names. The one that I am pursuing right now. This will provide the leverage to hold on to the medium and long term investments.These will be the hand registered names that I will try to flip instantly and gain whatever value I get from them. These will comprise the largest part of my portfolio.

What are your thoughts regarding this plan?
Do you follow the same plan or have a different view about your investment and portfolio building strategy.

If you have a portfolio of a hundred plus names, kindly share your views as to how you built it!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Long term investments - The domains that I see has huge value in the future and can be held until I find the perfect buyer. The big time sale type. Considering a 4-5 year time span for this.

..so will those Long term domains with huge value that not sold in 4-5 years be dropped? :xf.eek::xf.eek:

•••
I'd combine 1 and 2, but then I don't pay big bucks for names. I stop and think before I over-bid on a $1 name ( only joking ). I'd also add a category for names generating revenue. If you pay $1 for a name, and it generates $1,000 over a year, who cares if you can't sell it at the end.

•••
what kind of domain you buy or register?

•••
I have basically the same plan, with one exception my long term plan goes"To infinity and beyond"
to quote whoever that toy story astronaut is.
Joe T

•••
Can you or anybody here please give some domain examples of
Long Term
Medium Term
Short Term

Thanks in Advance.

•••
Can you or anybody here please give some domain examples of
Long Term
Medium Term
Short Term

Thanks in Advance.

For me, long term domains are basically "liquid domains" three character or less..
https://www.namepros.com/forums/liquid-domains.338/

These domains, I have private registration, (hate whois spam) renewal five or more years and planning on only selling if a major expense is coming up..probably my kids will inherit them.

Med term are basically keyword domains in com/net/org/ca

Short term are newer niches (cannabis/vr/etc)

Most of my monthly budget is being spent on domain maintenance (hosting, renewal) so I am basically very selective on what I buy..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back