Dynadot

various Here are 1134 names that sold on BrandBucket

NameSilo
Watch
Brandable domain name marketplace BrandBucket.com has seen phenomenal growth since the site suddenly gained instant popularity in 2013 with domainers who discovered the high ROI that can be achieved by offering catchy domain names with a logo and description as a β€œbrand in a box”.

That same summer @equity78 at TLDinvestors published a incredible post in which he published and analyzed all the Brandbucket sales to that date: Brand Bucket Sales – Inside The Numbers

Since then the site’s inventory increased from a couple of thousands names to more than 10,000 handpicked names that are listed exclusively on BrandBucket and the company rolled out a completely revamped version of the marketplace last summer. One of the many changes, to the disappointment of many sellers, was that they stopped listing previously sold names.

Raymond his analysis acted as the perfect guideline for me when I started out investing in brandables and helped me make a lot of $$. I thought it would be incredibly helpful for anyone else investing in (or interested in) brandables to have an updated list on what type of names sell on Brandbucket theses days so I decided to spend a few hours glued to my screen and have updated the original list with another 566 confirmed sales that I sourced from several NamePros threads and with a simple Google search hack.

Here’s the list

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Truelyics seems to be available ... or is it truelyrics (which is parked)?

•••
Truelyics seems to be available ... or is it truelyrics (which is parked)?

Maybe it's a typo or the person that bought it dropped it. This name came from Raymond his list in 2013.

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
@dv82 Great work! I think I read somewhere of a list being compiled that included prices? I think someone had taken snapshots of prices on the site and then simply added them to the list when each domain was confirmed sold. It obviously may not have been final price but would have been a good indication.
Not sure if you've heard of this or know a link?

Thanks for your hard work

•••
@dv82 Great work! I think I read somewhere of a list being compiled that included prices? I think someone had taken snapshots of prices on the site and then simply added them to the list when each domain was confirmed sold. It obviously may not have been final price but would have been a good indication.
Not sure if you've heard of this or know a link?

Thanks for your hard work

Thanks for the kind words!

Besides the fact that BB doesn't like sellers to share sold prices I also think including prices doesn't add that much value. Most names on BB are priced similar so if you browse their inventory you will get a pretty good idea of the ballpark price most type of names must have sold for.

•••
•••
@dv82 No problem. I understand that knowing prices to figure out what will or will not sell isn't important. It's just interesting to look back on figures from 2-3 years ago within this very niche to compare general/average prices being commanded back then compared to today as well as specifics.

Don't tell me if I dug up a list you wouldn't be interested :)

•••
@dv82 No problem. I understand that knowing prices to figure out what will or will not sell isn't important. It's just interesting to look back on figures from 2-3 years ago within this very niche to compare general/average prices being commanded back then compared to today as well as specifics.

Don't tell me if I dug up a list you wouldn't be interested :)

Maaaaaybe ;)

•••
Thanks for the list buddy. :rolleyes:

-Omar

•••
Thank you for compiling and sharing this list, Doron!

•••
Awesome job, thank you. I had forgotten about the original article as I wasn't so end to branding. It was a great read and for a stats fan I am looking forward to some more in depth analysis when I get home tonight.

•••
I went to "Kidify.com" on that list and it is still listed at BB...

Thanks for the list! :)

EDIT:
Duplicates:
- Livebyme.com
- LiveByMe.com

•••
@svede Would be really interesting going through the list and doing a "Where are they now?" analysis..
Don't worry not asking anyone to actually do it as I've i wouldn't do it myself but I've just picked a few random interesting ones to find out if they've been developed:

Adge.com: Organisers all of your various online gambling affiliate programs

Bevato.com: Redirects to taphunter.com; beverage alert and organiser system

Cashsnap: Domain parked with euro registry

Drooble.com: Social network for people to ink up and jam with each other, offer guitar lessons etc

Expy.com: Redirects to deciem.com; umbrella company for beauty products, actually not a bad site

Duplicates: Eeow.com

•••
Thanks everyone. I'll try and remove the duplicates sometimes this weekend if I have the time. If anyone feels like doing a deeper analysis on the list pls let me know as I am happy collaborate and get it published on Dngeek.com if it's interesting enough.

•••
•••
Thanks for the time and effort you have put it and giving it to you fellow domainers.

•••
This is indeed a priceless list for those interested in brandables. Your time and effort in sharing us this list is much appreciated. Wonderful job.... thanks!

•••
Appreciate the effort gone into this!

•••
•••
After an analysis, here are some fun facts.

There were 29 duplicates on the list.

Only 1 was NOT a .COM and it was FM [d0t} LY
*IZQO.com.com I believe is a typo :P

The most popular:
Domain Length - 6 characters - 299 domains
*Followed by 7 characters - 240 domains

Last 4 characters "LOUD" (for Cloud) - 6 domains
Last 3 characters "ITY" - 14 domains
Last 2 characters - "LY" - 37 domains

First 4 characters - "MOBI" - 6 domains
First 3 characters - "STA" - 11 domains
First 2 characters - "CO" - 26 domains

There was a published list out about 1 - 2 years ago, and those trends aren't really that divergent from the current trends. Six characters was the most popular length, followed by 7, on that list as well by a similar margin. "CO" was the 3rd most popular first 2 characters, and "LY" was in 2nd place.

I am running a domain age analysis on the list right now, so I will update this post when it is finished.

**Edit**

Well this is interesting... the most common reg date for these domains is 2012. 132 of these domains were registered in 2012. Here are the 5 most popular reg years:

#1 Registrar - GoDaddy (631 domains)
#2 Registrar - Enom (102 Domains)
#3 Registrar - Tucows (37 Domains)

2012 - 132 domains
2014 - 122 domains
2011 - 106 domains
2013 - 104 domains
2006 - 90 domains * tied with 2010
2005 - 81 domains (bonus).
*Median registration date of all domains on this list is 2010.

I don't know the prices on these, but it may be possible that the 2011 - 2014 domains are the cheapest and fastest selling inventory. I can only speculate, but it's also when brandables were being bought in bulk for regfee and coupon codes; it could be a product of the sheer volume that is loaded onto their platform.

Most common Nameserver:
95 Domains:
ns1.brandbucket.com (54.183.72.72) ; ns2.brandbucket.com (54.237.89.37) ;
25 Domains:
pdns05.domaincontrol.com (216.69.185.52) ; pdns06.domaincontrol.com (208.109.255.52) ;
21 Domains:
ns1.sedoparking.com (209.200.164.69) ; ns2.sedoparking.com (209.200.165.74) ;
16 Domains:
ns1.bluehost.com (74.220.195.31) ; ns2.bluehost.com (69.89.16.4) ;

Last edited:
•••
After an analysis, here are some fun facts.

There were 29 duplicates on the list.

Only 1 was NOT a .COM and it was FM [d0t} LY
*IZQO.com.com I believe is a typo :P

The most popular:
Domain Length - 6 characters - 299 domains
*Followed by 7 characters - 240 domains

Last 4 characters "LOUD" (for Cloud) - 6 domains
Last 3 characters "ITY" - 14 domains
Last 2 characters - "LY" - 37 domains

First 4 characters - "MOBI" - 6 domains
First 3 characters - "STA" - 11 domains
First 2 characters - "CO" - 26 domains

There was a published list out about 1 - 2 years ago, and those trends aren't really that divergent from the current trends. Six characters was the most popular length, followed by 7, on that list as well by a similar margin. "CO" was the 3rd most popular first 2 characters, and "LY" was in 2nd place.

I am running a domain age analysis on the list right now, so I will update this post when it is finished.

Great stuff, thanks for the analysis. Really looking fwd to hear what else you have found. PS - can you PM me the duplicates so I can clean the list?

•••
•••
I won't be stingy... here is the FULL analysis of the list provided by @dv82 . Wait until you see the actual domain age breakdown... very interesting indeed.

http://domainvp.com/blog/analysis-of-names-that-sell-on-brandbucket/

Great analysis! One thing, 6 character domains being the most popular ones (in terms of sales) is not correct. The number of 6 character domains listed is significantly higher than the number of 5 or 4 character domains that are listed. Percentage wise the 4 character domains sell the best, followed by 5, then 6 etc.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back