IT.COM

advice Help

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

lasure

Established Member
Impact
Did anyone involved in this thread ever get hold of Dongjin Kim?

He's squatting on over 1500 domains, and for the last year I have endlessly tried everything I can think of to contact him (short of getting on a plane to Korea) to buy one domain he has done NOTHING with for over 5 years.

I can't understand the logic. The point of squatting is to have people buy the domains for a far greater price which I'm willing to pay, but I can't raise any for of response.

I've even tried registering an official complaint with his domain provider but they state they can't do anything as he pays his renewal fees each year.

Did anyone get hold of him? If so, please can you help me? I just want to pay this guy for a single domain.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

He's squatting on over 1500 domains, and for the last year I have endlessly tried everything I can think of to contact him (short of getting on a plane to Korea) to buy one domain he has done NOTHING with for over 5 years.

I can't understand the logic. The point of squatting is to have people buy the domains for a far greater price which I'm willing to pay, but I can't raise any for of response.

I've even tried registering an official complaint with his domain provider but they state they can't do anything as he pays his renewal fees each year.

Did anyone get hold of him? If so, please can you help me? I just want to pay this guy for a single domain.

Squatting... maybe he thinks you're an ass and doesn't want to be bothered.

Last edited:
•••

He is squatting, so he is sitting on the name you have a registered or common law trademark on? UDRP would be your best bet, going to cost you some money.

If there are no tm's then he is a domain investor and has every right to hold his domain names. The best way to get no reply from a domain investor is calling them a squatter.

I see you are new, this is the worst place on the Internet to call legitimate domain investors squatters. Well actually second because if you left that on RicksBlog.com he doesn't use any filters and the language will be much more x rated.

Last edited:
•••
I don't own the TM or brand name to what he's sitting on, but my online research shows he's been sued on more than one occasion for domain squatting, and ICANN have got involved a couple of times too.

What's the point of sitting on 1500 domain names that you never do anything with? In fact over 90% of his domains have never even had a holding page applied to it.

The domain i want have been registered with him for over 5 years with nothing done with it.

I get you lot are a little silly (Freedom!) when it comes to these things but get real; the whole point of domain squatting is to make money.

I'm offering him that and willing to pay good money for a domain.

•••
Squatting... maybe he thinks you're an ass and doesn't want to be bothered.

I think I've quickly figured out who the ass in this situation :xf.wink:

•••
•••
Google Translate is magical when it comes to breaking language barriers. Good luck!

•••
Good money? How much? $20?

Lol not quite. I'm not going to get in to specifics but it's got a couple more zeros. I even left it open for him to offer me a starting price. Just read from the start of this thread (goes 5 years back - that's how I found it) and you'll find this guy just doesn't seem to respond. There's also other threads on other forums.

I'm simply trying to find anyone that managed to get a line of communication going with him (there's over 30 email addresses listed on line for him and there's never any answer or even voicemail on the two phone numbers listed).

•••
Google Translate is magical when it comes to breaking language barriers. Good luck!

I even tried that, and sent several messages in google Korean, then got Korean friend to write a message and they even tried calling the number listed for me. no answer.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
What's the point of sitting on 1500 domain names that you never do anything with? In fact over 90% of his domains have never even had a holding page applied to it.

What's the point of sitting on $1500 USD that you never do anything with? In fact for over 90% of your dollars you have never even had a proper use in mind when you acquired them.

•••
•••
What's the point of sitting on $1500 USD that you never do anything with? In fact for over 90% of your dollars you have never even had a proper use in mind when you acquired them.

I was going to respond but then I realized your sentence make no sense, then saw your avatar and realized it must be a joke account.

•••
I was going to respond but then I realized your sentence make no sense, then saw your avatar and realized it must be a joke account.

You're certainly making a lot of friends who are eager to help.

•••
he has every right to be as silent as he likes to be.

Yeah, people should just buy houses and leave them empty. Or tinned food and bottled water just stockpile it forever.

•••
Yeah, people should just buy houses and leave them empty. Or tinned food and bottled water just stockpile it forever.

You honestly don't know the difference between a digital asset and a can of beans?

•••
You should start over, drop the assumptions about how we do business and provide some real information that could be used to help. If that's what you want.

•••
You're certainly making a lot of friends who are eager to help.

Yeah, given your first and plainly facetious response after what was a perfectly reasonable question (and if you'd bothered to read the actual thread your posting in which is 5+ years old with multiple people complaining about exactly the same thing) you might realize I don't really want to roast smores by a campfire with you, I just wanted to ask the community if they've gotten hold of this guy.

It's that old thing, if you don't have anything positive to add, might be an idea to keep quiet.

•••
Yeah, given your first and plainly facetious response after what was a perfectly reasonable question (and if you'd bothered to read the actual thread your posting in which is 5+ years old with multiple people complaining about exactly the same thing) you might realize I don't really want to roast smores by a campfire with you, I just wanted to ask the community if they've gotten hold of this guy.

It's that old thing, if you don't have anything positive to add, might be an idea to keep quiet.

OK. Good luck.

•••
You should start over, drop the assumptions about how we do business and provide some real information that could be used to help. If that's what you want.

Read the thread from the start; I only stumbled on this forum becuase countless people have been having the same problem - this guy sits on domains and does nothing with them. they're not listed on any of the brokerage sites and he never responds. to anyone, ever.

Instead, you jumped straight in and called me an ass for asking for help/

I'd love to hear your reasons as to why you think he is "doing business".

•••
You honestly don't know the difference between a digital asset and a can of beans?

You don't seem to know the difference between pointless stockpiling/domain sitting and financial assets.

Again, I'm not making this up out of one isolated instance. The guy has been sued multiple times for domain squatting and had several domains taken off him via UDRP.

There's half a dozen people complaining over a period of years that this guy just sits on 1500+ domains without ever offering them up for sale or communicating.

I'm willing to pay, I just need to know if someone go hold of him - I don't need some half cocked and mistargeted snarky comments about the merits and freedoms of owning digital assets etc.

Last edited:
•••
Having not established all three elements required under the ICANN Policy, the Panel concludes that relief shall be DENIED.

Accordingly, it is Ordered that the <yplan.com> domain name REMAIN WITH Respondent.

•••
That's just one of them ;) There's also court filings.

It's kinda funny you'll put in this much work to be obstructive, rather than just saying "I don't know how you'd contact him" or even offering up good advice like @thevictor who suggested using google translate when messaging him given that he's Korean, or jag who said to try a few more brokerages outside of the USA.

Seriously, you should spend less time being obtuse when people are just asking for help trying to contact someone.

•••
You’re an angry dude. Life isn’t fair, sometimes you just can’t get the name you want, deal with it.
If you think you know his purpose for holding these domains (to get money) than obviously, your offer isnt high enough to grab his attention.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back