IT.COM

Help with domain sales letter

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

laykhorn

Established Member
Impact
Hello guys,

I've been sending out mails recently but I don't get responses. I would love to know the sales letter you all use and works well. I would really like to see the sales letters, and how a typical mail to an end-user looks like.
What are the strategies to fast track sale for your domains. I am new here.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
HI, NAME
I AM THE OWNER OF "DOMAIN NAME" I AM OFFERING THIS DOMAIN IS FOR SALE, IF YOU AND YOUR COMPANY HAVE INTEREST ON IT YOU CAN FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME.

•••
HI, NAME
I AM THE OWNER OF "DOMAIN NAME" I AM OFFERING THIS DOMAIN IS FOR SALE, IF YOU AND YOUR COMPANY HAVE INTEREST ON IT YOU CAN FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME.
I have tried something this simple and straight to the point but it doesnt seem to get interest of the end-users

•••
Maybe the domain itself is not interesting.

•••
Maybe the domain itself is not interesting.
What do you think of LaserClinicLondon.com
SoftwaresDesign.com
MenWatch.org
LearnJavatutorial.com
MortgageAmerican.com

Those are some of the domains I currently own

•••
IMO, they do not sound right to me, post them in appraisal forum to get more opinions.

•••
Welcome to NamePros!!

"the sales letter you all use and works well"
I am not sure there is such a letter. Don't get me wrong, I hope you get the LETTER here, but keep your expectations in check :)

Sometimes people don't open/read emails, especially sales emails
If you are using say gmail and chrome, you can install a plugin, to track when receiver opens/reads the email.
See https://www.namepros.com/blog/this-gmail-plugin-can-improve-your-outbound-domain-sales.908430/

There is a number of things to consider before worrying about the letter e.g.
- quality of the domain name
- sales price

If someone is interested in your domain name and the price is right they will respond, does not matter if your letter is good or not good.

I don't send many outbound emails. When I do send, sometimes I get responses, sometimes I don't, sometimes I get rude responses.

"strategies to fast track sale"
Depends on venue being used e.g.
* sell in 7 day auction without reserve e.g on flippa / godaddy etc
* sell in marketplace as offer or buy now or park them e.g on afternic / sedo / uniregistry etc, wait for potential buyer to come knocking, can take few days/months/years, you have to be patient for this to happen
* keep sending the sales emails / making phone calls, look for potential buyers (timeframe unknown)

Be patient, if your domain names are good they will sell eventually.

I have been doing this for less than a year, hopefully you will get a response soon from experienced domainers.

Good luck

Last edited:
•••
MenWatch.org
.com version is for sale - If I am a buyer and the price is right I would go for the .com, not saying .org wont sell

LearnJavaTutorial.com
.com alternative without Learn is for sale - If I am a buyer and the price is right I would purchase the two word version

"fast track sale" I do not think it is possible with these names, even if you get the sample letter.

•••
The sales letter is not the problem, the inventory is the problem.
I wouldn't buy these names for regfee. Businesses don't need these domains either.
All you're doing is spamming. You're wasting your time and other people's.
Sorry for being so blunt but you need to go back to the drawing board. You're putting the cart before the horse.
In order to sell, you need to know what to buy.
The best sales pitch cannot sell a bad product that nobody wants.

And if you have good domains, you don't have to chase end users, they will come to you provided you are willing to be patient. And you'll have the upper hand in negotiations since they made first contact to buy.

•••
I agree with Kate, I couldn't sell those names, but in answer to your question I always put in header (domainname.com for sale) so if they are interested they would open it. judging by my responses it works for me
Joe T

•••
T You're putting the cart before the horse.

@Kate is right on point

n00bs learn how to spam, before they understanding what sells.

imo....

•••
What do you think of
LaserClinicLondon.com
SoftwaresDesign.com
MenWatch.org
LearnJavatutorial.com
MortgageAmerican.com

As was mentioned before, no matter how clever and professional your sales letter is, until you have great domains to sell, it won't do you any good. The domains you've listed are not the calibre to be sold through email because none of them are grammatically correct or make any sense.

SoftwaresDesign.com (SoftwareDesign would be worth a second look)
MenWatch.org (MensWatch.org may get noticed)
LearnJavatutorial.com (Learn and tutorial carry the same meaning. If only 1 present it would sell)
MortgageAmerican.com (Does not make sense. AmericanMortgage, or maybe MortgageAmerica)

So, bottom line your domains have to make sense before you start offering them for sale nd wondering why they don't get any response.

•••
•••
Infact, SoftwareDesign.com would be a great domain !
That's the whole idea. No respectable company would consider SoftwaresDesign but most will jump on the chance to own SoftwareDesign. 1 letter makes a huge difference rendering a domain either GREAT or useless.

•••
IMO, they do not sound right to me, post them in appraisal forum to get more opinions.
What do you think of FindCheapHouse.com and LowcostApartment.com? Do they sound right?

•••
That's the whole idea. No respectable company would consider SoftwaresDesign but most will jump on the chance to own SoftwareDesign. 1 letter makes a huge difference rendering a domain either GREAT or useless.

What do you think of FindCheapHouse.com and LowcostApartment.com?

Thanks

•••
The sales letter is not the problem, the inventory is the problem.
I wouldn't buy these names for regfee. Businesses don't need these domains either.
All you're doing is spamming. You're wasting your time and other people's.
Sorry for being so blunt but you need to go back to the drawing board. You're putting the cart before the horse.
The best sales pitch cannot sell a bad product that nobody wants.

And if you have good domains, you don't have to chase end users, they will come to you provided you are willing to be patient. And you'll have the upper hand in negotiations since they made first contact to buy.
Hi, what do you think of FindCheapHouse.com and LowcostApartment.com?
Thanks

•••
FindCheapHouse.com and LowcostApartment.com

As was said to the OP, the domains need to make sense and to be grammatically correct to get noticed and receive interests from outbound campaigns. Keep in mind that even misspelling and bad grammar has a market too but the price is not the same.

FindCheapHouse.com:
The minute you get into 3+ keywords, the phrase needs to make perfect sense.
FindACheapHouse.com or FindCheapHousing maybe FindCheapHouses.com

LowcostApartment.com:
This is not too bad although intuitively you want the LowcostApartments.com for a site listing apartments.

My2Cents

•••
As was said to the OP, the domains need to make sense and to be grammatically correct to get noticed and receive interests from outbound campaigns. Keep in mind that even misspelling and bad grammar has a market too but the price is not the same.

FindCheapHouse.com:
The minute you get into 3+ keywords, the phrase needs to make perfect sense.
FindACheapHouse.com or FindCheapHousing maybe FindCheapHouses.com

LowcostApartment.com:
This is not too bad although intuitively you want the LowcostApartments.com for a site listing apartments.

My2Cents

I don't think these 2 domains are to bad.
Frankly most people will search on G "find cheap house" and not really "find a cheap house" ;)
Same goes for the apartment domain.
If I would be the owner, I will search for these exact words on G and then, I will send few emails to people that are NOT on the first 10 pages.
That may work.
The original letter is fine (just need some small fixing ;)
That's my take on it....

Good luck buddy

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back