Domain Empire

[Help Please] Copyright Claim

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi members,

I Registered frenchopen.us two months before but, nameshield.net claimed copyright for frenchopen.us, i am new to domain auctions, so what to do now, help please

Thanks is advance

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Call or email your registrar and ask them to delete it

•••
1) It's trademark, not copyright. If you're going be a domainer you need to understand them and learn the difference.
2) What gilescoley said - delete it, or turn it over to them, whatever they requested.

•••
Original Message from them

Confirmation by Acknowledgement of receipt

Object : frenchopen.us
Prior rights of our client FEDERATION FRANCAISE DE TENNIS over the marks FRENCH OPEN.

Dear Sirs,
I contact you as the Internet Domain Names Consultant of the Company FEDERATION FRANCAISE DE TENNIS.
FEDERATION FRANCAISE DE TENNIS is the owner of prior International trademarks " FRENCH OPEN " protected and distributed all over the world.
Our client has been informed of the reservation of domain name < rolandgarrows.com > which infringes and constitutes violation of its prior rights.

In order to avoid all conflicts related to the domain name and the trademarks, my client would like to know the reason of this registration.

Insofar as you have not rights or legitimate interests in respect of the domain name, I formally require that you immediatly undertake the necessary steps in order to organize the transfer on this domain name to our client as well as all domain names consisting of the term " ROLAND GARROS "which you might also have registered.

Without reply from your company within five days, I inform you that our client will initiate all the appropriate legal actions and preserve all its rights in this respect.

Your sincerely,

Laurent Becker
Nameshield

•••
:talk:

why would you register that name, when you know that the "French Open" is a very popular tennis event?

got a legitimate reason?

•••
Do what they tell you. You should never register trademarked domains.

Stick to generic product / service domains and you should be fine.

Confirmation by Acknowledgement of receipt

Object : frenchopen.us
Prior rights of our client FEDERATION FRANCAISE DE TENNIS over the marks FRENCH OPEN.

Dear Sirs,
I contact you as the Internet Domain Names Consultant of the Company FEDERATION FRANCAISE DE TENNIS.
FEDERATION FRANCAISE DE TENNIS is the owner of prior International trademarks " FRENCH OPEN " protected and distributed all over the world.
Our client has been informed of the reservation of domain name < rolandgarrows.com > which infringes and constitutes violation of its prior rights.

In order to avoid all conflicts related to the domain name and the trademarks, my client would like to know the reason of this registration.

Insofar as you have not rights or legitimate interests in respect of the domain name, I formally require that you immediatly undertake the necessary steps in order to organize the transfer on this domain name to our client as well as all domain names consisting of the term " ROLAND GARROS "which you might also have registered.

Without reply from your company within five days, I inform you that our client will initiate all the appropriate legal actions and preserve all its rights in this respect.

Your sincerely,

Laurent Becker
Nameshield

•••
Just a lesson in trademark. Don't let it get you down. Now you know not to do it again.

•••
First off UNPARK this domain!

Also I would Not answer this question "my client would like to know the reason of this registration."

I would either delete this domain or when you do reply just say you would like to turn it over to them as soon as possible.

Good luck

•••
If you register a domain name with a trademark in it, you will be faced with the risk of possibly losing that domain name to the company who owns the trademark

•••
And stay away from usopen.us :gn: (pending delete)

Don't be labeled a true cybersquatter.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back