Domain Empire

question Help neded: I received an Offer, And Not sure if legitimate not

Spaceship
Watch

Flipper2020

Impact
Hello every one.

I have an LLL .net domain, and I received and offer from someone who claims to by a lawyer and is representing an investor

This is the exact email as received:

I represent an investor who is going to buy ( domain Name). for an online startup.

The buyer offers a price in $ 20 000 - $ 30 000 range (based on your certified appraisal).

Are you still interested in selling? Are you an experienced seller?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely yours,

I answered the email by saying yes I am interested.

they followed by another email that says:

The buyer is a professional investor.

My commission is paid by him.

The buyer offers a price in $ 20 000 - $ 30 000 range (based on your certified appraisal).

Here is description of the sale process:

1. You send me your appraisal certificate. The certificate must include only 2 things to be accepted by my buyer:

- Independent valuation of the market price. Only manual valuations are accepted (no script based appraisals are allowed). If the valuation comes higher, he will increase the price accordingly. My client does not want to risk and doesn't accept services that use scripts. If you are unsure about some service feel free to ask me.

- Trademark infringement verification. It proves your domain has no trademark problems. He would like this verification to be included in the appraisal report. Some appraisal agencies include the TM verification in their certificates.

2. My client receives your certificate and we start the sale process. He can send the funds direct to you or via an escrow service of his choice.
3. You get the funds from him and transfer your domain to the new owner (my buyer).

-----

My Question is
I am not sure if this offer legitimate , I am new at this and not sure if should go ahead and follow up or just ignore this completely

Does anyone went through this experience before.

Any advises,
or
Ideas

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Fully understand it's a scam.

Just ask myself why they are doing it.
And how they are supposed to profit from.

Do they link to appraisal services? (they own or have affiliation with)

Cause just pushing for having someone pay for appraisal at any "trusted provider" .. they won't make a single $
They will tell you to get an appraisal through an appraisal company, which is owned by them. Their appraisal company makes the money off of you, that's how they scam you. After you pay for the appraisal, you won't hear from them again. They won't buy your domain either.

•••
A never ending scam that targets new domainers. I did play with them before just for the sake of experience but everytime I said they can make their own appraisal to wherever they recommended it and just give me 10% of what they offered to me they just vanished away.

•••
I smelled scam from reading the first line... 'lawyer representing an investor"
you know what was coming next... the imaginary investors big pockets.

it's sad to see people go from domainers to scammers. the sad thing is an avid domainer would know this is a scam but what about someone who is new to buying a domain and gets all dreamy eyed at the money. these people are worst than cockroaches. if you are reading this and you are involved in scams, then you are a cockroach. may the grinch visit you on christmas.

•••
Popular scam...

It is an appraisal scam. Tell him to buy where you listed it, he will insist on being a broker and wants to maximize his commission, his client wants an appraisal certificate and he will recommend a site to get it for around $100.

•••
This is a scam to pay for an appraisal. I got few of these when I started my domaining, And I just googled to find more about it genuine or not and got confirmed its big SCAM.

•••
I came up with the same situation a few weeks ago, an offer with the same price range came from swisslawyers@info mail. They divert you to an apprasial Web site with 199$ price for 1 domain. And i asked guy to afford this apprasial fee, and there s no other mail afterwards. Exactly scam request, so dont believe in them

•••
I also received an email of same thing and asked for a certified appraisal($$) from a site. I deny him and he go...

•••
hi there

this is waste of time
they want that you buy an appraisel

i got a lot of these emails

•••
hi there

this is waste of time
they want that you buy an appraisel

i got a lot of these emails
Correct, I also got a lot of these such emails, just marked as SPAM of these.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back