Domain Empire

Help - Name.com domain to DevHub???

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
I need help changing NameServers/CName/A Reords of a domain name at Name.com to forward to my DevHub mini-site platform.

I have been able to do it with domains regged at GoDaddy and Dynadot but for some reason my USB.tv is not resolving. When I type in www.USB.tv it goes nowhere, and when I type in USB.tv it goes to maybe a Name.com landing page or something??? But on my DevHub account right now, I atually have a couple of ok pages for this domain. I just cant see them anywhere on the net, except for in my DevHub account. Not sure what exactly I am doing wrong, so any help would be MUCH appreciated.

Can someone else here maybe type both of those into their address bar and confirm what I see, maybe...Idk???

Thank You,
Vito.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
USB.tv is going to a website ok for me.

If you recently changed the nameservers then it may take time for it to show for you since you had recently viewed the site. You can usually better this issue by flushing your DNS or using a DNS server like OpenDNS.

Sometimes it can be slow, this may have been the case this time.

Edit: I lie, usb.tv is going nowhere. Are you sure you have the nameserver's set right? make sure the * cname (or whatever) is the same as www

•••
make sure the * cname (or whatever) is the same as www

Thanks for your response StormNine.
What does the star mean before CName?

I just went back into the Acount area at name and see this...

An A record can point a host name to an IP address. To point just usb.tv to an IP address, leave the "Record Host" field blank. To point www.usb.tv to an IP address enter www into the "Record Host" field. To point all sub domains for usb.tv that do not already have a host record to an IP address enter * into the "Record Host" field. You can add multiple host records for a domain name

So, what I dont understand is how to make sure both yhe www, and the non-www version will direct to my site. As for that statement by Name, I have read it 3 or 4 times, and what I am reading is it is only www, or not, but nowhere do I see where they will both lead to the same site.???

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back