Domain Empire

Name.com DNS Hijacking whats going on

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I registered an .IN domain name with Name.com, and it's not resolving to designated servers I assigned. Instead it goes to a SEDO parked page. I have no control over it, what the heck is going on...

Anyone from name.com here.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
One, name.com is not hijacking your domain!
Geesh....
Until the DNS resolves, it will show the name.com servers or whatever server used prior to new DNS.

Anyone who buys and sells and registers domains know this.

May take up to 72 hours to resolve.
If it has yet to resolve.

Next time, check with name.com.
Before accusing them!

•••
Sedo? Really? You sure about that? It must be.. I am sure you checked the NS before making your accusation. You must have, surely. You did, right?

•••
•••
Well, I'm not surprised. I had faced myself a similar problem with moniker. They redirected one develiped domain of mine into a parking page and deleted all my DNS records. After several messages to their support to set my domain as it was and no replies I decided to contact ICANN for help, but before doing that I contacted moniker again and told what I was going to do. Suddenly my domain's DNS records were setup as they were within several hours after my last email.

So in this case you should contact name.com support. Usually .in nameservers update very quickly.

•••
I registered an .IN domain name with Name.com, and it's not resolving to designated servers I assigned. Instead it goes to a SEDO parked page. I have no control over it, what the heck is going on...

Anyone from name.com here.

They have great support so contact them directly

•••
They are doing this with my domains too. If you have domains hosted there, be sure to double check them.

•••
Well it makes no difference what I set my nameservers to. They all resolve to a certain Sedo page, including domains I just bought whose nameservers are set to Name. The domains I did change to Sedo nameservers resolve to a totally different Sedo page than the ones I selected at Sedo.

•••
I figured it out-you need to set all of your nameservers not just two and they will resolve properly.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back