question Help me as a beginner

NameSilo
Watch

Prateek0761

Established Member
Impact
Dear members,

I have some questions, could you please advice me on these things

1. Kindly suggest me some domain names examples that are trending so that I can buy one with your advice and expertise

2.Currently which domain niches are more trending like real estate, pharma, etc. So that It will help me to take decisions

3. If today I buy new domain from spaceship or dynadot, and sell it on afternic fast or sedo mls today for 500$ in BIN option. Do I need to wait for 60 days to receive the payment from buyer? Any solutions to tackle this issue?

4. How minimum should I price my domain in the beginning so that I can sell my domain easily to gain confidence

Regards,
prateek

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Don’t buy domains without studying sales and what makes a good domain first. There are many resources right here (read Bob’s posts) and on Twitter. Follow all the top domainers. Go to Domain Sherpa and listen to old episodes. It takes time to learn what is worth it and what is not and why.

You can sell on DAN.com before the 60 days is up but the others will make you wait until the domain can be transferred to get paid. Domains rarely fly off the shelves quickly no matter what the price especially hand registered.

Best of luck, its a long game so expect that and take your time. Welcome to NP.

•••
Upvote 0
Dear members,

1. Kindly suggest me some domain names examples that are trending so that I can buy one with your advice and expertise

2.Currently which domain niches are more trending like real estate, pharma, etc. So that It will help me to take decisions

3. If today I buy new domain from spaceship or dynadot, and sell it on afternic fast or sedo mls today for 500$ in BIN option. Do I need to wait for 60 days to receive the payment from buyer? Any solutions to tackle this issue?

4. How minimum should I price my domain in the beginning so that I can sell my domain easily to gain confidence

Regards,
prateek
Don’t buy domains without studying sales and what makes a good domain first. There are many resources right here (read Bob’s posts) and on Twitter. Follow all the top domainers. Go to Domain Sherpa and listen to old episodes. It takes time to learn what is worth it and what is not and why.

You can sell on DAN.com before the 60 days is up but the others will make you wait until the domain can be transferred to get paid. Domains rarely fly off the shelves quickly no matter what the price especially hand registered.

Best of luck, its a long game so expect that and take your time. Welcome to NP.

I’m by no means as seasoned as others here. I only get a sale currently average every 5 and half weeks on average for between 900 and 2000 , so I’m no pro . Happy to share my last few sales if I’m allowed ( new here myself ).

You will have to do some research. All things research wise look for Bob Hawkes posts and others. Really useful incites

In addition I use crunch base, google trends , namebio , dotdb . Read news based on areas like startup trends , new innovations , tech, health , VC etc business names using certain words etc

I started to see more success when I found a sweet spot of domain length , keyword popularity, and other tlds registered.

That’s just my experience and it may be dofffernt to yours. Good luck and wish u all the best

•••
Upvote 0
Dear members,

Regards,
prateek
Hi Prateek,

I'll give my "two cents worth" and hope that it helps you...

I started buying domains in the 1990s and my friend sold Loans.com to B of A for $3.2M which got me buying good names, early on... I usually only buy .com and .tv but have been known to buy short names with other extensions. But even I make the mistake of typing .com after MyDomain with a different extension before I realize that I purchased the other extension : ) so, I'd recommend only buying super short / good single or double word domains, ideally with a .com (y)

You might have an advantage over others if you're getting in at this time, right now... a few years ago I would not have sold a domain to you for a low price... however, today I'll buy a .com off a seller and I'll sell one of my .com names for a super low price, as things would appear to have softened in the market... so, if you're just now getting in, you're getting in at a time when good names have been purchased, paid on for years and might now be available to be purchased at a super fair price.

If you find that a name you want is taken, contact the owner and make a fair offer... I use

GoDaddy.com/whois ( at the bottom of the page there's often a "contact owner" link unless the ownership is masked, which makes it impossible to contact the owner without paying GoDaddy $70 : (

If there's a webpage connected with the domain you might find an email contact there.

I used to get phone calls regularly from buyers who'd ask me to sell them my domains...

I ended up helping a friend out when he needed money by letting him see my domain list and finding a buyer who'd pay a fair price... I was shooting Reality TV Shows at the time and had several .tv domains. My friend got an investor to purchase 51% of one of my .tv domains that I wouldn't have thought would have been my first domain to ever sell... I could've purchased a couple of new cars with the money at that time, to give you an idea of the sale amount.

You asked for suggestions of examples that are trending... simply connect on the Internet with "things that are trending" and make your own choice of what appeals to you, to buy.

You asked which niches are trending more? select niches that appeal to you.

For payments, I'd recommend PayPal or a similar online payment system... there's always a pleasant way to pay online with PleasantPay™ but I haven't yet built that one out ; )

I'll possibly be your first domain buyer if you need to get your feet wet... let's see if we can do a small transaction where you make a profit.

There's room for all of us in this market, so let's work together so we can all come out ahead (y)

•••
Upvote 0
you also asked for examples and referenced real estate... I know that CashFlowSheet.com is for sale at this time... you might even consider offering to "middle-person" a deal or "broker" a deal and find a buyer to buy someone else's domain... I'll often offer a 50% commission to those who want to "bird dog" a buyer and bring them to me, getting a commission after all the dust settles and all transaction fees are deducted, so a 50% commission of the net amount (y)

•••
Upvote 0
you also asked for examples and referenced real estate... I know that CashFlowSheet.com is for sale at this time... you might even consider offering to "middle-person" a deal or "broker" a deal and find a buyer to buy someone else's domain... I'll often offer a 50% commission to those who want to "bird dog" a buyer and bring them to me, getting a commission after all the dust settles and all transaction fees are deducted, so a 50% commission of the net amount (y)
Dear RealityTVshows,
Could you please elaborate on this process in more detail with steps so that things will be more clear to me?

Regards,
Prateek

•••
Upvote 0
Dear Members,

I wanted to express my sincere thanks for your invaluable guidance in domain investing. Your expertise has been a game-changer, and I truly appreciate the time and wisdom you've shared. Grateful for your mentorship!

Best regards,
Prateek

•••
Upvote 0
Dear RealityTVshows,
Could you please elaborate on this process in more detail with steps so that things will be more clear to me?

Regards,
Prateek

It’s a bit of a gamble… if you see a domain for sale that you believe is worth more than asking price or is a name that might serve a company well, you could contact the potential buyer and agree that if you can negotiate the purchase at a certain price, you’ll earn a fixed amount or a percentage

This recipe works with most anything for sale, but I’d say works much better in a tough economy as it would appear we’re now in

You’ll likely get a short window of opportunity, maybe only a couple of days so you’ll want to agree up front that if you get a signed commitment from the buyer within the window of time, the seller will then commit to paying you the agreed upon commission once funds have been received and have cleared any holds on the funds by the seller’s bank

•••
Upvote 0
I’m by no means as seasoned as others here. I only get a sale currently average every 5 and half weeks on average for between 900 and 2000 , so I’m no pro . Happy to share my last few sales if I’m allowed ( new here myself ).

You will have to do some research. All things research wise look for Bob Hawkes posts and others. Really useful incites

In addition I use crunch base, google trends , namebio , dotdb . Read news based on areas like startup trends , new innovations , tech, health , VC etc business names using certain words etc

I started to see more success when I found a sweet spot of domain length , keyword popularity, and other tlds registered.

That’s just my experience and it may be dofffernt to yours. Good luck and wish u all the best
How one filter domain length and key word popularity on expired domain net?

•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back