Alessandro Couteau

Top Member
Impact
Premium GTLD
Estibot Value on Heart.Surgery is $14,000
Estibot Value on HeartSurgery.com is $71,000

I think this name is along the same lines of Coffee.Club

Curious to hear other opinions on the value and the intrinsic value

Update : Close to one hundred people view this one posting everyday ... It's insane ! My intelligent responses are on page 10 & 11 but for the first 5 or 6 pages I was defending my investment for anybody who maybe curious ...

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Who's going to look for Scott's Heart Surgery more then Heart Surgery ...

Probably someone who was referred to Scott's by their doctor. I would venture most people looking for "Heart Surgery" are looking for information on heart surgery.... risks, price, the procedures etc.

And I understand your basis of SEO measures on a Gtld ! But we have proof that Coffee.Club ranks above CoffeeClub.com in a search result analysis !

A sample size of one does not an authoritative study make. Coffee.club isn't above the fold for me.

All it takes is good SEO knowledge or good business partners.

Perhaps you're getting closer to the true source of your optimistic valuation ;)

•••
Probably someone who was referred to Scott's by their doctor. I would venture most people looking for "Heart Surgery" are looking for information on heart surgery.... risks, price, the procedures etc.

A sample size of one does not an authoritative study make. Coffee.club isn't above the fold for me.

Perhaps you're getting closer to the true source of your optimistic valuation ;)

~ Please Read All ~

I am not looking at this name from an investor standpoint unless the investor is determined and motivated to become an enduser ...

I am not comparing this name to liquid domains of the .com area ! I am simply making a point that keyword combination Gtlds in rich industries are more valuable then Gtlds that we see posted every day that get apprised at Reg fee ...

And I am being serious when I say good partners or good SEO knowledge and the need or want to do something can catapult the "Serious" investor or "Serious" investors from Point A to Point B !
Wether it be Heart.Surgery or any industry for that matter, this is true.

$100,000 is a fair amount of money but when invested upon further by sources of staff and realestate, the name "company" underwhich the domain reroutes to "Scott's" can make $16M / month which I've stated how this is possible already on page 10 ... 32,000 + exact match enquires at just say .05% as serious patients in need of surgery ... 160 at $100,000 USD per Surgery ...
Average Heart Surgery in the USA
= $70,000 - $200,000
Average Heart Transplant in the USA = $800,000

Like I said this one posting here is getting 100 views a day so clearly the name has created some interested parties as well as serious thoughts and statements ... And believe it or not I appreciate your opinion ! I am not in a hurry to sell this name but for those who invest in the future and not today, they'll know the value, especially since the medical industry is becoming more modern at rapid success ...

"Patience is a virtue that leads to millions !" -Rick Schwartz

But I am not asking $1M ... I'm asking $100,000 USD !

Last edited:
•••
~ Please Read All ~
$100,000 is a fair amount of money but when invested upon further by sources of staff and realestate, the name "company" underwhich the domain reroutes to "Scott's" can make $16M / month which I've stated how this is possible already on page 10 ... 32,000 + exact match enquires at just say .05% as serious patients in need of surgery ... 160 at $100,000 USD per Surgery ...
Average Heart Surgery in the USA
= $70,000 - $200,000
Average Heart Transplant in the USA = $800,000

I own and have sold several exact match medical domains in the past (Surgeon.org among others).

I think your math and assumptions are very flawed for a number of reasons, but best of luck with the domain name.

Brad

•••
"Heart surgeries cost six figures so my domain name is worth six figures"

Man if it were only that easy we'd all be rich

•••
"Heart surgeries cost six figures so my domain name is worth six figures"

Man if it were only that easy we'd all be rich

Clearly you didn't read the ~ please read all statement ~

•••
Clearly you didn't read the ~ please read all statement ~
Pretty much the jist of it. Heart surgery isn't a commercial business so people aren't searching Google to shop for heart surgeries, rather to get information. It's like me buying social.security and expecting the us government to pay $100k for it just because it's highly searched. i agree with @bmugford that assuming and ballparking traffic and "$16MM a month" only off of searches is completely nonsensical

Last edited:
•••
Pretty much the jist of it. Heart surgery isn't a commercial business so people aren't searching Google to shop for heart surgeries, rather to get information. It's like me buying social.security and expecting the us government to pay $100k for it just because it's highly searched. i agree with @bmugford that assuming and ballparking traffic and "$16MM a month" only off of searches is completely nonsensical

Again you did not read the ~
Please read all statement ~
So please read the ~
Read all statement

I never said only traffic would lead up to a multi million dollar business.
I specifically said this domain name should be looked at as a "serious investor" who is prepared to become an enduser, someone who is committed and can pull resources together in terms of highly qualified and professional heart surgeons and be able to fulfill the requests from just .05% of exact match enquiries ...

And you're right for the most part the biggest marketing advantage for doctors is their name ;) the one they decide to call themselves when performing the surgery because who ever is on the table wants to know the name of the guy they can trust !

But what if modernization to the medical era and industry perplexed a notion that the name of the heart surgeon was under something much more large, a company, a brand, and a trustworthy name that everyone knew because of the hard work and professional investment someone made to build a "heart surgeon" centered business with the focus of "saving lives" and "making money" ... Seldom do we come upon a win / win situation !

And next time you were at the bar at an airport and you saw someone who was struggling to move and holding their chest with the palm of their hand, you could look over and edge in real professionally and say

"Having heart problems ?"

"Why yes I am, why do you care ?"

"I know a place where your heart problems can be solved !"

"Oh you do now ?" *in doubt*

"They are a very reputable organization and company just called Heart.Surgery"

"Oh that's the simplest thing I've ever heard ! They are known as Heart.Surgery ?"

"Yes, because all they do is perform heart.surgery so why waste time with any other name ! Deliver what the patient wants. It's a simple process and they have some of he best heart surgeons in the world !"

"I think I'll have to look them up, thanks stranger."

One month later - one saved life, 159 to go ;)

Last edited:
•••
•••
@Alessandro Couteau

You are wasting your time here for nothing.
Agreed, surgeons don't need to advertise their service, you need to sell it on the sake of vanity, and cold calls, and direct contact is the only way, then you have to sell the ego of owning the domain.

•••
But most people are just looking at this as a name ! And it is, but Heart.Surgery is modern and clean ! Just like medical technology and the medical era, the industry is only becoming more modern ! How long before the hospitals start to realize, $100,000 machines and million dollar salaries can be put into medical domains to grow their revenue and wealth ...
Great insight...and awesome name. Best of luck with it.

•••
•••
Imho this is a good name to hold. There are plenty of ngtld haters but in reality a big change is impending. The notion that tld's will directly relate to the name of a business may scare a lot of legacy generic tld users, but change is not meant to please everyone. Soon enough the business world and gtld space will come to an equilibrium. Stores will use .SHOP, Accounting firms .Accountants , HF will use .Fund, Blogs will use .Blog and so on. There will be high level one word brandables using whatever ngtld makes sense for their company like Circuit.City for example or Dollar.Club. Why? Because it is more efficient to have a name that directly segments your business into its niche to solidify your online presence and this will only become more prevalent in the future. Bad names and CHIPS will drop into oblivion because they do not have any prospects for commercial use. You can't reg anything random in these ngtlds and expect a return because there is a lot more competition. For example there maybe only a few hundred good names in .SHOP and thats what scares legacy gtld owners because the prospects for success are slim to none if you are late to the party. Another issue is the fact that a good proportion of domainers are only focused on making fast money and have a short term view of the domain market, so they will be impossible to convince because it's not in their nature to focus/plan for future trends. These are probably the same people who were late to the party for LLLL.com's and are now paying a premium price for something they could have regged by hand years ago. Ask yourselves...if ngtld's were so bad then why are massive companies purchasing the best ones at premium prices? It's happening everyday and a majority of the sales are out of the public sphere a good example would be the fact that Microsoft just acquired Surface.Studio for an undisclosed fee. Anyways it might take some time for this name to sell but....it's definitely worth while to hold because once consensus reaches your level of thinking ....you can laugh your way to the bank.

Last edited:
•••
Imho this is a good name to hold. There are plenty of ngtld haters but in reality a big change is impending. The notion that tld's will directly relate to the name of a business may scare a lot of legacy generic tld users, but change is not meant to please everyone. Soon enough the business world and gtld space will come to an equilibrium. Stores will use .SHOP, Accounting firms .Accountants , HF will use .Fund, Blogs will use .Blog and so on. There will be high level one word brandables using whatever ngtld makes sense for their company like Circuit.City for example or Dollar.Club. Why? Because it is more efficient to have a name that directly segments your business into its niche to solidify your online presence and this will only become more prevalent in the future. Bad names and CHIPS will drop into oblivion because they do not have any prospects for commercial use. You can't reg anything random in these ngtlds and expect a return because there is a lot more competition. For example there maybe only a few hundred good names in .SHOP and thats what scares legacy gtld owners because the prospects for success are slim to none if you are late to the party. Another issue is the fact that a good proportion of domainers are only focused on making fast money and have a short term view of the domain market, so they will be impossible to convince because it's not in their nature to focus/plan for future trends. These are probably the same people who were late to the party for LLLL.com's and are now paying a premium price for something they could have regged by hand years ago. Ask yourselves...if ngtld's were so bad then why are massive companies purchasing the best ones at premium prices? It's happening everyday and a majority of the sales are out of the public sphere a good example would be the fact that Microsoft just acquired Surface.Studio for an undisclosed fee. Anyways it might take some time for this name to sell but....it's definitely worth while to hold because it will take time for consensus to reach your level of thinking but when they do....you can laugh your way to the bank.

I agree with you 100% :)

•••
•••
I specifically said this domain name should be looked at as a "serious investor" who is prepared to become an enduser, someone who is committed and can pull resources together in terms of highly qualified and professional heart surgeons and be able to fulfill the requests from just .05% of exact match enquiries ...
The problem is that end users don't need your domain (or ours...), because they have plenty of alternatives, many of which could be deemed (possibly) inferior but that's not the point. Maybe heartsurgery.com (parked at GD) can be bought for the same price or even lower. Very few domains sell for 100K even in .com.

On the other hand, if the name had traffic, they could convert as valuable leads. I don't think there is any traffic here in particular.

I have a question: do you have some expertise in the medical field ? I'm asking this because the name sounds good, but maybe it's so so for a real surgeon. In my domaining career I have learned to stick to my comfort zone and now I think twice before investing in niches I know nothing about. I have stopped buying names just because they sound great. A name that is nice in theory could be useless in practice.

Imho this is a good name to hold.
What is the renewal fee again ? $500 ? Would you marry a woman who does nothing in the home and sleeps all day long ? This is what a domain name is - until developed. My expectation when I buy a domain name is that it will make me money one day, if not from day one. Otherwise it's just being a domain collector.

•••
The problem is that end users don't need your domain (or ours...), because they have plenty of alternatives, many of which could be deemed (possibly) inferior but that's not the point. Maybe heartsurgery.com (parked at GD) can be bought for the same price or even lower. Very few domains sell for 100K even in .com.

I am really now stretching my imagination to see where can we find "plenty of alternatives" to the name like Heart.Surgery (in case we are speaking about area of heart surgeries, of course). One alternative is heartsurgery.com, this I understand. But what are those others? :)

Last edited:
•••
I am really now stretching my imagination to see where can we find "plenty of alternatives" to the name like Heart.Surgery (in case we are speaking about area of heart surgeries, of course). One alternative is heartsurgery.com, this I understand. But what are those others? :)

The problem is the owner of HeartSurgery.com, Joseph Schiro is dead
He passed away last year in Sarasota, Fl

He was a very well known heart surgeon and developed some ground breaking techniques used in Cardiothoriac Surgery today !

•••
Maybe you could try to contact his heirs. Owning the matching .com can't hurt - just cover bases.

For example heartsurgery.org. While .org is not great for commercial use, it's popular for health sites. heartsurgery.us is available to register. heartsurgery.clinic is for sale, and I have not explored all possibilities. And of course end users can make up plenty of variations just my adding 'my' in front of the domain name or using other tricks. It's not like this name is the second best option available on the market imo.
Of course you could argue that these names are inferior (which is debatable) but that's not the point. People need very compelling reasons for spending 100K on a domain name. Even if they are very wealthy.

One thing that is certain though, is that you will pay $500 year in renewal fees. Possibly more in the future, after all new gTLDs are the wild west and there is nothing that protects registrants against excessive price hikes.

Last edited:
•••
Maybe you could try to contact his heirs. Owning the matching .com can't hurt - just cover bases.

For example heartsurgery.org. While .org is not great for commercial use, it's popular for health sites. heartsurgery.us is available to register. heartsurgery.clinic is for sale, and I have not explored all possibilities. And of course end users can make up plenty of variations just my adding 'my' in front of the domain name or using other tricks. It's not like this name is the second best option available on the market imo.
Of course you could argue that these names are inferior (which is debatable) but that's not the point. People need very compelling reasons for spending 100K on a domain name. Even if they are very wealthy.

One thing that is certain though, is that you will pay $500 year in renewal fees. Possibly more in the future, after all new gTLDs are the wild west and there is nothing that protects registrants against excessive price hikes.

~ Please Read All ~

Now we're getting somewhere !
I agree with you in light of ... The name is not for everyone and great persuasion is needed to convince the enduser or investor of the value on Heart.Surgery or any domain for that matter !

American Airlines owns AA.com so you would think Southwest Airlines would want SW.com and they would understand the value ... But unfortunately not ! End users undervalue domains because they don't understand them sadly, offering far less then Chinese investors when the end user is a billion dollar company ! Sorry let me just *face palm* ...

Too funny It takes patience to sell domain names to endusers and I have plenty of it.

My point is the same can be said for the .com and other "alternatives" you mentioned ... Selling domains is not easy ;) anybody who says it is, please introduce me to them. I am not talking about $1 names or $10 names ... I am talking about the magic number practically everyone wants on their name !

And yes I am fully aware and invested in spending $500 / YR to hold Heart.Surgery just as I hold many more premium Gtlds; some of you out there know what's in my possession ! Some of you don't ;) but I bet I would get 10,000 + views and pure excited feedback just by two words ! Maybe soon ;)

One thing at a time

•••
For such premium domains, you do not need to bother about the matching .com seeing many gtlds being sold leaving the matching .com parked.

No one can deny it is a fantastic domain with lots of potentials without going into examples or explanations. but to argue with domainers here that its value is $100K, then you are just wasting your time and making fun of yourself. i believe the $14K estibot value is what you can seek for now, maybe $20-$30K in a few years, that is only if similar gtlds will be selling at such a range.

If i were you, i would just renew it for a few years and seek out potential buyers or wait for them to come along with a 5 figures offer HOPEFULLY.

I am not sure why you want to pay a renewal of $500 @ GD. there are many cheaper registrars out there. you can pay $480.00 or less @ dynadot / uniregistry.

And guess what ? it is only $413.50 @ namesilo !! At least your answer for "How much is the renewal cost?" won't be as shocking as $500 IMO and most importantly you can save some money on your long term investment.

Good Luck.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back