Alessandro Couteau

Top Member
Impact
Premium GTLD
Estibot Value on Heart.Surgery is $14,000
Estibot Value on HeartSurgery.com is $71,000

I think this name is along the same lines of Coffee.Club

Curious to hear other opinions on the value and the intrinsic value

Update : Close to one hundred people view this one posting everyday ... It's insane ! My intelligent responses are on page 10 & 11 but for the first 5 or 6 pages I was defending my investment for anybody who maybe curious ...

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I can assure you that almost no one is going to report publicly their really big sales in gTLDs in this venues. Many ".com people" think that because there are now 1000 new gTLDS, you have unlimited choice in your buying. The truth is, for really good names it is extremely competitive area, only few really good combos are available per gTLD, and people who are making good investments and sales there are not going to show you what names are really selling, as there is no need for competition. Buying is still ongoing. Not only private investors, also registries woke up and protecting good names. I was privately discussing this with several gTLDs investors, and only 1 of them wants to report his sales there (to promote awareness of gTLDs, he is a really nice guy) while all others were like "no way, we do not want competition. And I for sure understand this.

So if you take seriously stats there, it is funny :)
No offense but this is entirely incorrect. There is and has to be competition of every level of domain name sales. On the registry level, there's a reason it costs $180,000 to start a new one, and often there are auctions for far more money to own and run these new extensions.

If you look at their pricing, like .xyz for example, the "good" domains are held by the registry for $x,xxx-$xx,xxx, while everything else is practically given away for $0.01. If they priced everything for around $10 like .com, then the decent names would go but all of the other drivel wouldn't get touched. If they did that, they wouldn't have enough registrations, wouldn't make enough money, and would collapse. Instead, they lure you into thinking "oh, MesotheliomaLawyerFortWayne.xyz is only $0.01, what would it hurt to hold on to it and hope for a sale?" But next year, the renewal cost won't be $0.01, rather $10 with the hopes that people will forget about it and auto-renew will kick in. While many people shop their flea market of garbage domains, they hope the large number of registrations will cause a stir and result in someone spending too much money on one of their reserved names. A blind person can see that this is an embarrassing business model, but even they need to create competition (even if it's entirely artificial) to stay relevant.

On the domain investor level, competition is what makes any sale above registration fee occur. The reason .coms sell for $x,xxx everyday is because all of the new extensions make .com look even better, thus raising prices. A .com and a .vip do the same job when it comes to addressing a website, but the success of one only hurts the other. At this point, NTLDs are only competing with eachother, which is why they resort to the tactics .xyz does.

Think about it, if all of the people who are hiding their NTLD sales made them public, wouldn't everyone else be rushing to get their hands on them? Thus making your already registered names even more valuable?
Seems to me that either those sales didn't actually happen, or people just don't understand business

•••
There are obviously lots more potential single word nTLDs available than single word .coms / .net / .orgs, and over time its highly likely they will be more in use and show up better in search.

So heart.surgery can only increase in attractiveness, I would guess.

(And by the way namesilo price for transfer-in and renewal is $39, so there should be no need to pay $499 or $4000, surely?)

Some possible monetisation (I think you good US folks would use a 'z' instead of the 's' !) -

1 would be targetted sales approaches to wealthy individual heart surgeons - for a few, the ability to say ;just type 'www dot Heart.Surgery' has got to be a great ego trip as well as a tax write-off and investment, and they wouldn't care about the search. To some top-end private surgeons - a business card which just says 'heart.surgery' in gold embosssed lettering, and nothing else - they'll pay big bucks for that. But they have to be approached and sold to, they won't be on bulletin boards looking for domain names! Its a vanity purchase.

and 2 would be be to build and sell subdomain sites like manhatton.heart.surgery and heart.surgery/johnsurgeon. I would imagine those could actually be sold quite inexpensively - $200 to $500 a year; wouldn't take too many of those over just a few years to earn $50,000.

and 3 would be to get serious content on it by asking eminent people in the field to write articles for this new 'global, premium website' and good hand-curation.

Over time it could become a serious authority site, and easily be worth the xxx,xxx type figures.

•••
I maybe the only one on NP that actually has a cardiac surgeon. You got many well thought out responses and you are not listening. Heart surgeons are the 'prince' of medicine. They are not going to advertise and don't need to. MY SURGEON doesn't have an email address. He has no time to reply. I could have regged heart, open heart or CABG and didn't. I just don't think there is a market. A write up in Denver's 5280 magazine of the BEST DOCTORS in each specialty is more valuable than any domain.
In my opinion you have the 2 best prospects you will ever have. United Healthcare has something up their sleeve when they bought brain.surgery. Contact them and see how you can help. The prospect that offered you $10K as an opening offer may be willing to come up. If not take the 10K and run...it is best you will ever get.

•••
@JB Lions and @pogba
thanks for your replies guys. Well, I do not want to keep discussion long on Alessandro appraisal thread as it might be kind of topic here, but I appreciate youre replies and just want to address your concerns about reporting/not reporting new gTLDs sales.

Reporting them would be sure nice ego boost and ego trip for most new gTLDs investors, but one needs to weight ego pleasures in comparison to competition concerns. It is also quite difficult to meet end user who would be really comfortable to have his purchase displayed publicly on internet, there are usually no incentives for them to do so. But most important is competition - situation with new names which are constantly coming to market is very different with .com where cards were given long time ago. I would estimate that 95% of big deals in new gTLDs are hidden (unreported). I know only about 1 guy who seriously trade with new gTLDs and who actually report them. It is agreed that more reporting would increase demand in new gTLDs portolios, but I assume everybody care first about himself/herself and only then about general well beying of new gTLDs. After all, to take care about general well being of particular TLD is main role of associated registry, it is not task for individual gTLDs investors.

So how to get some information about what is really going on?
For everybody who would like to be well informed, I have simple tip which works in all areas of human life: just by nice and supportive and have genuine interest and respect to other people and their investments. If you are not nice and supportive, nobody will ever privately tell you anything interesting or important in this area, and you can just keeping to check namebio until end of your days. You will also completely miss lot of opportunities and business now and in the future. So anybody who feel they are not so informed about new gTLDs, just kind of retro inspect your posts and behavior - maybe you will happen to find out they were kind of bashing/disrespectful. It is never too late to change that :)

•••
Fact is this:

GTLD for seo purposes = zero
nGTLD for brand presence = limited \ small

Would you really click on heart.surgery rather than heartsurgery.com?

I would always choose heartsurgery.com because it looks authoritative, has serious appeal and image.

I understand that some just 'do not get it' and will blindly believe that the future will change just because they invested into ngtlds.

•••
Hi guys,

I don't know about the SEO stuff but some months ago, Coffee.Club ngtld used to rank no. 1 on Google Search for the term 'coffee club' or 'coffeeclub' (without space).. currently it ranks on no. 5. So ngtld's can rank higher.

I like Heart.Surgery.. but the .com is undeveloped so I think an end-user will definitely prefer the .com, but there are multiple surgeons/institutions that will be interested in the ngtld though, should be priced right.

imo

•••
Reporting them would be sure nice ego boost and ego trip for most new gTLDs investors, but one needs to weight ego pleasures in comparison to competition concerns. It is also quite difficult to meet end user who would be really comfortable to have his purchase displayed publicly on internet, there are usually no incentives for them to do so.
Sorry but I disagree.
I think domainers have more to gain than lose from publicizing sales, especially in less known extensions.
I think we benefit a lot from publications like DNJ because they put the spotlight on the industry and demonstrate the value of domain names as strategic assets.
And why would you care about the competition so much if you've secured good names early ?

I would estimate that 95% of big deals in new gTLDs are hidden (unreported).
Just like other extensions. Majority of sales are not publicized. If gTLDs sales are under-reported, that is true for other extensions as well.

•••
Fact is this:

GTLD for seo purposes = zero
nGTLD for brand presence = limited \ small

Would you really click on heart.surgery rather than heartsurgery.com?

I would always choose heartsurgery.com because it looks authoritative, has serious appeal and image.

I understand that some just 'do not get it' and will blindly believe that the future will change just because they invested into ngtlds.
Well, you live in NOW, we live in TOMORROW :)

•••
Sorry but I disagree.
I think domainers have more to gain than lose from publicizing sales, especially in less known extensions.
I think we benefit a lot from publications like DNJ because they put the spotlight on the industry and demonstrate the value of domain names as strategic assets.
And why would you care about the competition so much if you've secured good names early ?

Just like other extensions. Majority of sales are not publicized. If gTLDs sales are under-reported, that is true for other extensions as well.
It is quite subtle but important idea, so I will write it again, although I do not find it that cool to requite myself : "everybody care first about himself/herself and only then about general well being of new gTLDs. After all, to take care about general well being of particular TLD is main role of associated registry, it is not task for individual gTLDs investors."

And we care about competition, because although some of the names were secured early, we are still far from securing all of them. And you also know that registries are releasing some previously blocked names at the moment..so why anybody would publicly show others which strings/combinations are of value when buying is ongoing? All I want to say is that one should not believe to what is reported in venues like namebio (because 95% of new gTLD sales are not reported there), but actually it might be more profitable to start looking at actual scope of new gTLD business. And one can start looking at it only when one act in friendly and supportive manner to new gTLDs investors and registries/registrars, and this is the point which many people are failing to understand.

It is simple : lack of friendly and supportive behavior for new gTLDs = 0 information from involved people.

•••
so why anybody would publicly show others which strings/combinations are of value when buying is ongoing?

Moreover, why would anyone believe them anyway?

•••
With replies: 235 & views: 4,743 has the name sold yet? :)

•••
•••
I know medical domain market pretty well. Its possible this name may sell for $50k. This is a rare case when new gtld makes sense. You may have to hold it for 10-20 years. Whats the renewal price on it?

•••
I know medical domain market pretty well. Its possible this name may sell for $50k. This is a rare case when new gtld makes sense. You may have to hold it for 10-20 years. Whats the renewal price on it?

Renewal is $500 USD / YR
~ Heart.Surgery ~

•••
I have fall asleep on the 7th page.... How it ended up?
It is nice hack of HeartSurgery.com would be a nice info site for Heart Surgery procedure.
Low to high $x,xxx IMO. Good luck.

•••
I have fall asleep on the 7th page.... How it ended up?
It is nice hack of HeartSurgery.com would be a nice info site for Heart Surgery procedure.
Low to high $x,xxx IMO. Good luck.

At least you tried !!! :)

And have not sold ... Not in a hurry honestly ... I can afford the luxury of waiting for the Gtld market to appreciate ...

Expectations are as stated through out this thread, but I'll hear all serious offers ... Thanks

•••
•••
http://chicagoheartsurgery.com/
Dr Jai Raman, aka Shankar

HeartSurgery.com used to be owned by Jospeh Schiro, another heart surgeon who passed away last year in Sarasota ...

http://www.heartsurgery.com.pk/

http://www.heart-valve-surgery.com/heart-surgery-blog/

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...gery-in-india-for-1-583-costs-106-385-in-u-s-

http://journal.hsforum.com/

http://www.cornellheartsurgery.org/

Just some interesting things I found ... Regarding people who previously said no surgeon would market themselves as Heart Surgery ...
This was just the 1st page. :)

I know to some of you it doesn't make sense but if you're a heart surgeon and you can reroute Heart.Surgery to your business name for example, ScottsHeartSurgery.com !

There is 32,000 exact match enquires monthly and let's say 1% are actually in need of surgery ...

That's a whole lot of money if you're a professional heart surgeon ! Even in India that's a wealthy man ! In America if you have a professional practice and enough qualified staff to fulfill these requests were talking a ten million dollar business plus from new leads from a single additinal domain ...

Just had to throw that out there !

To an investor you could create a forum much like hsforum.com but sell information and run advertisements for, once again, professional surgeons and practitioners ... If you could create a Yellowpages of the best Heart Surgeons and charge monthly fees and host video content to teach people about heart surgery there's another successful business model

•••
•••

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 39
•••
•••
And this single domain does this how?

It's called a reroute linked domain ...
If someone searches for a secondary domain owned by the same party, the owner can tie that domain to their main domain ...

So as I stated if Scott, the heart surgeon owns ScottsHeartSurgery.com and he wants to look at raising his traffic and potential patients, then he can own a name like Heart.Surgery so when people go online and type in Heart Surgery or Heart Surgeons in Google and you have a competitive SEO, then you'll come up above the fold ... Consumers who are looking for certain things and or subjects are more likely to click the first three results that pop up !

Who's going to look for Scott's Heart Surgery more then Heart Surgery ...

And I understand your basis of SEO measures on a Gtld ! But we have proof that Coffee.Club ranks above CoffeeClub.com in a search result analysis ! All it takes is good SEO knowledge or good business partners.

Now say 320 patients are looking for heart surgery and you have a professional practice and a staff of highly qualified individuals ... Do the math !

At an average of $70,000 - $200,000 in the USD per surgery and you have half of the 320 patients who are serious and have the money, .05% that's $16M / Month if each surgery is $100,000 USD

Now take Into account heart transplants cost $800,000 minimum in the USA ...

Of course this is not for a single heart surgeon ! This is meant for a large investor who understands this is just one portion to a gigantic pie ...

Get the domain, get the staff, get the reputation (qualified staff), get the SEO, get the consumers, start ranking ! Boom $10M + easy ...

But most people are just looking at this as a name ! And it is, but Heart.Surgery is modern and clean ! Just like medical technology and the medical era, the industry is only becoming more modern ! How long before the hospitals start to realize, $100,000 machines and million dollar salaries can be put into medical domains to grow their revenue and wealth ...

Last edited:
•••
You're missing the point. heart.Surgery and heart.Surgeon are 2 different domains with different meanings. You can have a authoritative-informative website with heart.Surgery.

•••
You're missing the point. heart.Surgery and heart.Surgeon are 2 different domains with different meanings. You can have a authoritative-informative website with heart.Surgery.

Actually you're missing the point ... You know how SEO works ? You pull keywords together and backend them by linking to certain articles related to the subject through reputable sites and gain reputation by doing so ... So you can tag certain keywords like "Heart" "Surgery" "Surgeon" "Practice" "Medical" "Easy" under one domain ... It's done all the time in different industries

Look up "places to sell stuff online" and you'll get sites, depending on your cookies; like Shopify, EBay, Amazon ... Even though you didn't look this up ... Happens all the time ... Keywords "sell" "online" ...

PS - there is no .surgeon domain extension

Anybody who is reading this should go up two responses and read what I wrote on how this domain can generate millions for a heart surgeon or professional practice

Last edited:
•••
$14k estibot appraisal ? hmmm it is my first time to see a perfect appraisal from estibot. that is my appraisal as well, could go up to $20k max.

I am not sure why did you make such a mistake asking for appraisal here getting yourself into too much arguments knowing that %90 of domainers are against gtlds. you have a solid name, perfect combination, high search volume and high cpc not to mention category killer for its niche. if i were you, i would just list it under MAKE OFFER for exposure only and wait for the right buyer, he is not coming soon by the way, so you got to hold on there. if not then you have to do some serious work (outbound).

Registry does not put $500 renewal on premium domains for nothing, there is a reason behind premium pricing for such domains. not everyone is willing to spend such money on renewals, but i believe it worth the troubles somehow. my advice to you is to find the cheapest registrar to save on some money on the renewal cost. if it costs you $499 @ godaddy, it will cost you $413.50 @ namesilo (my preferred registrar by the way), that is a big savings. hope that helps.

For your info, i am not really on your side when you seek $100k, i have similar premium gtlds with $25k estibot appraisal (i am holding on those domains even with offers coming in), maybe that is the range you should target at first and you might get lucky. so i believe you having such offers that you mentioned, but to say something is to prove it, so if you want to shut the argument, you show a snapshot of the genuine offer (after hiding sensitive data) or else do not mention it.

Once again, i congratulate you on your acquisition of such a domain and i wish you all the best.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back