Dynadot

sales Have you ever received unexpected offer for your domain (above your target)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello guys
As in title, have any of you received unexpected offers for your domains above your asking price.
No need to mention the domain name
Here is my funny story:
Before two months, I have listed for sale in many market places one of my domain and it was .org for $400, with No interest.
Suddenly I have received $2,800 direct offer for that domain through my email, so I have accepted it and prepared the domain for transaction.
After two days the potential buyer sent me that because of Christmas time, his wife spent a lot of money, and he can't pay more than $1,800 for it, I replied that it is No problem and I am felling with him, and we completed the sale.
The surprise is that I have discovered later on that he re-sold it for $8,000.
So kindly share us guys with similar experience (receiving unexpected offer)
Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello guys
As in title, have any of you received unexpected offers for your domains above your asking price.
Here is my funny story:
Before two months, I have listed for sale in many market places one of my domain and it was .org for $400, with No interest.
Suddenly I have received $2,800 direct offer for that domain through my email, so I have accepted it and prepared the domain for transaction.
After two days the potential buyer sent me that because of Christmass time, his wife spent a lot of money, and he can't pay more than $1,800 for it, I replied that it is No problem and I am felling with him, and we completed the sale.
Thanks.
Yet to Expect the Unexpected :)

•••
•••
I bought 2keywords .net domain for 1400$ for a project. and I was much overpaid for the name. project cancelled then I couldn't sell it for 500$ everywhere

then all of sudden received 7000$!! by email.
I was greedy and I asked for 12,000$! for two words.net!
surprise, he accepted it ! after finishing transaction. he told me that he was ready to pay much more to acquire the name for a client.
then the website developed into big business

that was ten years ago, even now the domain won't get 200$ offers here at namepros
I saw the .com for sale for 10,000$ but no takers

these offers called lottery offers , it may comes once in life, or may not come at all. but it is not wise to make buy decision based on dreams and lottery

•••
Sold a .ninja for $1500 in a private transaction through email. Didn't take me long to accept the offer.I recently noticed it was one of the highest selling .ninja domains so far. The other 2 are posted on namebio I think. I won't give out the name to protect the buyer but I can't complain. Bought a couple other .ninjas since then.

•••
I received one multiple times my asking price but it fell through.

•••
Couple months ago I sold a domain for $200 that had planned on letting drop. I had even put for auction here on NamePros for $1 and had no takers.

•••
Couple months ago I sold a domain for $200 that had planned on letting drop. I had even put for auction here on NamePros for $1 and had no takers.

I was going to let a chinese premium .net drop because it was meaningless and couldn't give it away. Within a week of it dropping this chinese boom happened and I pushed it for $200. Still too low but at the time I was excited to just get rid of it for any amount. hand regged it a year prior

•••
Once sold a two-word .Net for $3k but today with hundreds of new TLDs it would be a challenge to get more than $500 for a two-word .Net unless you have something like RealEstate.net or SportsCars.net

•••
Yes, but it looks like it will turn out to be another numpty non-paying a-hole.

I have my suspicions, LOL.

I just might have to involve my lawyer.

:)

•••
I bought a brandable 6L .com from expiring auction at dynadot, offered to people who seeking for a brandable name but no one interested. Decided to let it drop, exactly two days after its expiration date received $1,500 offer on sedo, checking my dynadot account and thanks god I still could renew it. I immediately accepted the offer and completed the transaction.

•••
•••
Received higher offers many time, but didn't pay any attention to it, because it was clearly
an appraisal scam. Watch out for these scammers.

•••
Another unexpected offer received for one of my domains.
It is 7L.com brandable.
I have received $1,100 offer for it before 6 months at Flippa but I didn't sell, I was looking for more.
After a little period, I regretted that I didn't sell.
Before 3 days I have received $2,500 offer for it.
Yesterday I have completed the transaction.

•••
Yep. $150 for 'r#e#v#o.a#g#e#n#c#y'. I would've sold it for $2 as I considered it my worst registration, my biggest mistake in domaining. But received a $150 offer just 2 days ago. It will be my biggest sale ever. lol

•••
Hello guys
Here is my funny story:
After two days the potential buyer sent me that because of Christmas time, his wife spent a lot of money, and he can't pay more than $1,800 for it, I replied that it is No problem and I am felling with him, and we completed the sale.
Thanks.
That must suck a lot, how did you feel?

•••
Back