IT.COM

domains Have you dropped all your domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
So a year ago Rick Schwartz tweeted out that 90% of all domain investors should start over. 90% of every domainer should drop ALL their #Domains and start again! They are so far off the path that it is sad to see. #gtld#Startups — Rick Schwartz (@DomainKing) May 16, 2017 The thread here got a lot of comments, some touched upon the topic of a post I wrote last week. "Are old school domainers … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Out of 100 domains, im planning to drop 50 domains.. in this month.. im not getting any enquiries even after trying my level best.. i already loosed lots of $$ 😂

•••
As a newbie I registered a lot of .BIZ domains. I quickly dropped most of those but in the early years I picked up hundreds of .Net domains. They were hard to sell so I slowly pared the .Net portfolio. I then discovered .TV in 2008 and found I could backorder some amazing keywords. Of course renewals were much more expensive. As the .TV portfolio grew and sales were slim I realized .TV while it sounds cool and makes sense for a videocentric site, .TV was not such a great investment. Youtube is free and many video channels opt to have no domain at all or use some weird made up brand rather than buy a keyword domain. Facebook has also been a factor as many content producers / end users utilize social media platforms rather than pay for an internet presence. Google's search engine algorithm changes in 2012 also reduced the placement value of EMDomains. So after ten years plus and having dropped about 80% of the domains I have ever registered with about a third of the remaining ones priced $XXX, why would I waste money on a new extension? Even with recent end user inquiries you still see them fighting to pay more than $xxx for really solid .COM domains.

thanks for sharing

•••
I have a few things i do to run a domain test.
1. list on godaddy with no min offer (if I get any offer here I keep the name)
2. if I get any offer through my for sale landers I keep the name.
But to be honest the best names that got the most offers are the ones I sold...like turned and sliced in king...
The only one that gets alot of offers that I havent sold still are heated and smartdrones in king....
Wouldnt it be amazing if you could see which domains have the most interest? If there was a marketplace that would take into account age, offers, visits and other factors and you could buy based on those interest factors? a way of using mass sentiment to rank a domain....so its not just you who thinks its good but others as well. :xf.rolleyes:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back