Dynadot

domains Is End user demand hitting peak interest ? Rick Schwartz weighs in

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
So Rick Schwartz made the following tweet a couple days ago: It isn't just gTLD's that are stalled. ALL extensions are stalling. The demand by END USERS in 2017 is not what it was years ago. #Domains β€” Rick Schwartz (@DomainKing) March 1, 2017 This sparked a thread on Namepros where some questioned Rick and if there was a motive behind the post … So with all these questions and certain people trying to understand what Rick meant, I emailed him at 3 am since I have been up all night. Rick was kind enough to reply with the following … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Rick, how about .coms stalled? I have some. Your advice if possible?

•••
https://www.thedomains.com/2017/02/...gs-is-a-game-changer-for-the-domain-industry/

So when I saw this story the other day, that the use of Domain Names were back being used in Super Bowl ads substantially more than Hashtags or Facebook Pages I knew immediately how big it was.

How important it was.

How significant it was.

We are possibly at a turning point.

What I find the most surprising is that I think many domainers don’t realize what a big deal this really is.

he sounded more optimistic a few weeks ago?

•••
Even as corporate earnings are showing promise, investors are getting caught up in a lot of uncertainty that is making investors cautious, said Karyn Cavanaugh, senior market strategist at Voya Financial, in an interview. The strategist said the widening trade deficit was adding to economic concerns.

β€œPeople are taking a look at the negative,” Cavanaugh said. β€œWe have trade worries, oil worries, political worries. That’s making for a more risk-averse market.”

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/us...gher-with-more-earnings-rolling-in-2017-02-07

•••
Hmm...I see the aftermarket on fire, investors buying and bidding up expired names!!
Yes maybe end user demand is a bit slow, but good domains are being bought up at HIGHER prices by investors.
The problem I see is investors selling CHEAP, so it's a buyers market right now...
I understand why Rick is buying like crazy in the past 12 months....he will do what he does BEST, sit, wait and CASH in latter on.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back