IT.COM

question Has anyone found success using NameInvestors.com domainshop?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I know they are threads on their domain shop when it just launched. I joined then for about a month then stopped. Didn't get results, but maybe needed to be more patient since even with Sedo you could wait way longer before a sale.

I'm considering giving it another shot, and I want to know if anyone has had any success or sales using the platform?

Thanks...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not this again... Last thing I need is @Troy Rushton coming in here claiming it's not glorified managed WordPress hosting that you can get for $1/month with GoDaddy and it comes with a free domain... instead of paying $120 a year.

To each their own.

•••
Prior to using the Domain Shop platform, my XSitePro2-generated site previously ranked on page two of Google for "generic domains" It now ranks in the middle of page one. However, end users aren't typing in that phrase when looking for a domain so the improved search ranking will probably do little to generate sales. I do like the professional design as I am not a website designer or developer. However, after David Walker's harsh criticism of not learning to do one's own development and seeing some videos from Adam Dicker on lead generation, I decided to give Godaddy's managed Wordpress hosting a try. I have always heard horror stories of Wordpress sites getting hacked and having to spend hours to fix them or upgrade to the latest version. Who has time to do that with multiple sites particularly if you are only receiving a few random Google AdSense clicks which don't even justify the time necessary to create unique content? Anyway, so in the last couple weeks I have launched several sites using templates in the Godaddy menu and they are quickly ranking at Yahoo first and then Bing for the exact match phrase (exact match domains do receive a benefit at Google but not nearly as much as at Bing/Yahoo). How much monetization potential there is from ranking for search phrases under 100/month remains to be seen but high-volume search terms also tend to have intense competition - making it much more difficult to rank for the desired search phrase. I recall about five years ago trying to rank for phrases like "workout routines" and "weight training" - just too much competition to justify the effort. If you don't rank on page one you get basically zero traffic (though some geo sites I own do receive search traffic for low-volume search terms relevant to individual pages that are not necessarily the domain's keywords) .

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back