IT.COM

question Alternative to Hand Reg?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

LiamShiff

Established Member
Impact
What are the alternative ways to acquire a domain?

I know you can hand reg it or buy an expired one (not sure if the same thing, would love some clarification)

But what are other ways?

And how do they impact the attractiveness of the domain for a sale?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hand reg = Registering an available domain

Expired = Bidding on expired domains before they are deleted and returned to available domain names.

Aftermarket = Buying a domain name from the current registrant.

Premium = Buying a domain name deemed premium by the registry and priced higher as a result.

•••
Hand reg = Registering an available domain

Expired = Bidding on expired domains before they are deleted and returned to available domain names.

Aftermarket = Buying a domain name from the current registrant.

Premium = Buying a domain name deemed premium by the registry and priced higher as a result.

In what case is the domain age preserved? For example, if expireddomains.net says hello.com is available, would that be considered a hand reg if you click on the "available" button and register it through go daddy?

•••
In what case is the domain age preserved? For example, if expireddomains.net says hello.com is available, would that be considered a hand reg if you click on the "available" button and register it through go daddy?
Expired and aftermarket keep their age.

•••
•••
I assume this makes them more appealing to buyers when you resell them correct?
Sometimes but not always. End users less than domain investors.

•••
Email the existing owners and ask if the name is for sale

Just use whois.com to find out the owners details

•••
if you are looking for something specific you can use the 'Requests' section here on NP

•••
Thanks guys, I'm just looking for the method that will increase my chances of selling assuming I can filter out the good names from the bad ones.

•••
Look in the names offered section here.

•••
Sorry if this is slightly off topic, has anyone been to this site: myip.ms

Amazing information that may help.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back