Dynadot

question Hand Registered Domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Maxleron

Established Member
Impact
Is it possible to buy a hand registered new age domain at a cheap price and sell it the next day for tens of thousands of dollars?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A high quality domain with a lot of demand and no one register.

It does not sound right to me.
What I need to do then if I had a good quality new hand registered domain to have a chance to sell it ?

•••
Look like you know what you are doing so why posting here and ask?

I rest my case and go back to sleep.

•••
with all the gtlds out there now, chances are there is one sitting available that could be worth 10k. Good luck selling any name the next day though.

•••
In many of the threads you start, you follow this same pattern of asking the equivalent of -how long is a piece of rope'. Then you are unhappy with the replies and act like it is the fault of everyone else.

There is a huge amount of info on this site and others. If you were really serious you'd read all that and then just ask for clarification.

If you're so sure of turning $10 into $10,000 overnight, then do it and come back and enlighten us instead of arguing if it's possible.

Also, more than a few of your questions could be answered by typing directly into google instead of here.

Whenever a self proclaimed newbie comes and starts arguing about what they know nothing about, I start thinking it's a troll.
You don't know who I'm to talk about me you don't have the right to do that and i'm free to submit post anywhere I want and that's not your business, if you are not interested about the topic don't reply on it

•••
The problem is it's real value would be $8.99.
Simply it will be not a high quality domain if it's value on the market $8.99

•••
I found LosAngelesTours.com and registered for $10. EstiBot says it’s worth $8,800 and I think I can get some decent money out of it. There should be a decent market available willing to pay ok money for it.

I still have it :) so wish me luck haha

•••
Slim chances, but possible. And certainly not next day.

•••
I've had a few where I've sold them for a few hundred bucks within a few days after hand reg. I've also had a sale the same day an expired name hit my account for $800 when I paid roughly $60 for it at auction. It's possible as others have said, but unlikely. I think making $100 flips of hand reg'd ones is far more likely and reasonable.

•••
Anything can be possible if buyer thinks he must have that domain and no alternate domain available for his company and can go to any extent in terms of price to get it!

Many domains are there which cannot sell for 10$ by us , the same can be sold by other seller for few thousands of dollars.. It all depends on timing, right client, negotiation, patience and offcourse the domain should be great from buyer point of view!

Agree with the sentiment. However the OP wants all this to take place within 24hrs after registration. with no plan of action on how he is going to achieve that.

Last edited:
•••
Is it possible to buy a hand registered new age domain at a cheap price and sell it the next day for tens of thousands of dollars?
The question is like throwing a spanner into a spinning wheel...:woot:

•••
Everything is possible. Its all depends what you register?

•••

Only DropCatch.com is the answer for your question.

•••
Yes, it is possible. probability is similar to winning a superball lottery. If you are targeting to sell for $xx - $xxx, fair chances for some "but" after some good experience IMO.

•••
Yes, it is possible. probability is similar to winning a superball lottery. If you are targeting to sell for $xx - $xxx, fair chances for some "but" after some good experience IMO.
Side note: I sent you a PM

•••

Yap! It has happened this week but such is very rear. What I expected you to ask is " is it possible to buy hand registered domain and sell it in two to three days"
This has happened this week even a domain sold for five figure; but it was a dropped domain and sold in the third day.
I will post my new hand reg domain that sold quickly episode for this week on Sunday on my blog and you will see what I am talking about.
Meanwhile before Sunday; you can view some new hand reg domains that sold in TWO AND THREE days after regged. Visit the blog www.dncombo.com

Last edited:
•••

Turn hand reg. into 5-figure sale in one day? Never gonna happen. Besides high sale don't take place overnight, it take even months of negotiation between buyer / seller / broker.

Last edited:
•••

Everything is possible, but that would be extremely difficult. And the next question is if you can turn that into a real business model and not just get lucky once or twice.

I think it's better to hand register a bunch of domains for upcoming trends, wait 1-3 years until the hype is there and then sell for a big profit.

•••

Possible, but...

unlikelyaf02.gif
.com

•••
If I had a high quality domain and nobody register it before and there is a demand on this domain why not selling it the next day at marketplace with the price that reflect it's real value ?

If you were able to register it, it may not hold as much value as you think, because someone would have registered it already. Valuable domain names for the most part are already taken.

•••
•••
Like I promised to post my blog "Weekly New domains That Sold"
You can now find out for yourself and see that anything is possible in domaining.
You can see that
Btm.com sold for $48,608 on 22/7/18 and regged on 19/7/18 - Sold on 4th day of the registration
88567.com sold for $22,383 at PVT Sale on 24/1/18 registered on 24/07/18
TomorrowIsYou.com registered on 3/4/18 sold on 15/7/18 at sedo.com
newsisfree.com registered on 18/7/18 sold on 21/7/18 for $7,700

Visit and see more of them for your self much of the data were courtesy of namebio.com

Visit and see many more for your self here
Cheers anything is possible in domaining but such hand regs requires money to or serious time to catch them.

Last edited:
•••
For the people who say there is no money in hand registered and make fun of the topic hope to learn from this video

expirednames dot net is for sale

•••
As far as quick and easy, I have spent hours of time in research on hand registered names - looking into trending industries, seeing what's sold, checking keyword potentials internationally, etc., etc, and sometimes just getting a whim of an idea (usually those are duds) and it is far from quick and easy. Just cheap. It is MUCH easier to peruse auctions, dropped names and just shop around. I think the distinction isn't effort but cost. If you buy a $4k name and flip it for $10K - it may be a lot quicker and easier than hand registering one at $10 and flipping it for $6k.

Last edited:
•••
Yeah. Btm.com and 88567.com do not qualify
The two of them are qualified because they were dropped and caught they are having new dates as every other newly registered domains and that makes them newly registered domains.
Haven't you seen many domains that were dropped and caught like Btm and 88567 and not sold until now?
there are many of them abundantly. So the two of them are newly registered as as they are carrying new dates.

•••
If you were able to register it, it may not hold as much value as you think, because someone would have registered it already. Valuable domain names for the most part are already taken.
Agreed that valuable domains were been taking by someone, but that doe not say they no longer available; but they are very rear, mind you; one can still get them available, fresh!

Cost does not matter for hand registered in this age; see the cost of .car .cars etc a new .car domains .CAR and .cars 1 Year $2,099.00 for registration fee so also .rich, ..security etc
So cost of purchase does not matter in this context, the date of registration makes them new hand regs

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back