Dynadot

Hacked by the Turkish AYYILDIZ TEAM

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
It seems a site I was working on was hacked by some low lifes calling themselves the AYYILDIZ TEAM. A bunch of kids in Turkeyland who have nothing better to do than disrupt peoples sites.

Domain Chatter

:hehe:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Any idea how they got in?

•••
I was using a very weak password which is something I never do but I was in a hurry and did not change it to a more secure password. The site itself did not suffer too bad it seems they only edited a config file which I had a backup of.

Lesson learned: Always use passwords with at least 16 characters with a combination of letters and numbers.

•••
Isn't it running a version of Mambo?

I had few clients with old version of Mambo that were hacked by same Turk last week.

It is not only about weak passwords, it's also about bugs in old versions of open source programs :(

For my clients, they exploited a bug in Gallery component.

•••
My ones site and my friends 3 sites were also hacked by this turkish fool.

•••
once my site powered by smf was hacked.. they got the admin pass.. I guess it was a mysql injection..
All I have to say them is go get a good job.
..:: peace ::..
Jeba

•••
as Constantin points out you have to watch for insecure scripts as well as using secure passwords. In fact in my opinion insecure scripts are more dangerous as most hacks occur by someone browsing news sites regarding bugs. When they have found 1 they maybe able to exploit they will do a search on google for a term that is used in that script to find their targets.

A few years ago I had a site hacked by turkish hackers. It wasn't a hack as such it was just there was a hole in phpnuke which allowed them to post a news article without it being validated.; They couldn't do anything else and all that I needed to do to clean it up was delete the article (and of course update the script)

•••
I have only been hacked once, I believe I fixed it but someone might be able to get around it, but the source for the script I am using has been discontinued so they can't look through to find loop holes or anything anymore.

•••
i had one hacked by _\|/_ too..pissed me off good

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back