IT.COM

JPI Team + Hacked...Do a Google Search

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Has anyone tried to go to a site lately and seen that it has turned into a 'Hacked' by JPI Team? When I googled this term I got a bunch of hits and I can't find any news or anyone talking about this? Is there something going on with people hacking sites or is this something else. I would love to see some discussion on this because I don't want the same thing to happen to my sites.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There are a few other teams like this. They just look for open exploits on popular scripts. It does not even have to be any of your websites that have the exploit, it could be any website on the entire server where your website is hosted.

Scary stuff. D-:

-Bill

•••
Quite a few websites/servers have fallen victim to attacks by this group and others. The attacks are surprisingly common, and precautionary measures should be taken to protect your website. As a website and server security professional, I am contacted just about every day by site owners who have had their websites exploited. It's substantially less complicated to deal with the issue prior to an attack rather than dealing with recovery, then security. If you have any other questions about this, or similar security related issues, feel free to contact me.

•••
they do this just for kicks btw.
cpanel hardened it and make sure all are latest version of scripts and patched/updated.

•••
Wow, it looks like they are on a crime spree over the last few days. Linux, Joomla sites and flash sites seem to be the big victims. Looks like Iraqi sites are being done over in particular and the hackers are from Iraq, Middle East.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back