NameSilo

Guess The Movie

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

dgridley

Top Member
Impact
616
I thought it would be fun to capture and post a frame from a movie and have you all guess it. This one may be too easy.. if someone guesses correctly, we'll post another from a different movie.

Kudos if you can also name actor/actress and general description of where scene appears in movie.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I'm guessing Mean Streets..

Here's another of mine.. see attachment.




labrocca said:
Dang Gridley...You are good. I knew scanners though. Great flick..hmm..might be time to rent it again.

Anyone else want to guess at my movie. Here is a hint...it's a Martin Scorsese film.
 
0
•••
Yup...mean streets.

AS for your film...hmm my best guess is Wing Commander.
 
0
•••
Nope, not Wing Commander.. :)

That's Sir Richard Burton and I thought the sign in the back would be a dead giveaway!


labrocca said:
Yup...mean streets.

AS for your film...hmm my best guess is Wing Commander.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Ahh..1984. I had to cheat a bit with IMDB though. I haven't seen this film yet. Read the book of course in 1982 though (I was only 12). I am adding it now to my netflix queue but unfortunately the movie isn't available anymore...out of print I think.

I see at Amazon people are selling it for about $100...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00007KQA3/ref=dp_olp_2/104-3668282-5723914?_encoding=UTF8

No wonder I have yet to see it. Oh well.

I will try to think of something to stump you with now.
 
0
•••
Wow.. no idea it was going for so much:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1984-DVD-John-H...642QQihZ011QQcategoryZ617QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

There's an earlier version of the movie (from 1953, I think) featuring actor Edmund O'Brien. I've never seen that version but once owned the movie poster. Wish I still had it.

Very good movie.. tho my favorite distopian society is potrayed in A Clockwork Orange (Kubrick, hehe).

If you like older movies and classics in the public domain and don't mind downloading them via torrent, try www.publicdomaintorrents.com

labrocca said:
Ahh..1984. I had to cheat a bit with IMDB though. I haven't seen this film yet. Read the book of course in 1982 though (I was only 12). I am adding it now to my netflix queue but unfortunately the movie isn't available anymore...out of print I think.

I see at Amazon people are selling it for about $100...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00007KQA3/ref=dp_olp_2/104-3668282-5723914?_encoding=UTF8

No wonder I have yet to see it. Oh well.

I will try to think of something to stump you with now.
 
0
•••
hehe, one of my favorite movies :yell:
|
\/
 
0
•••
That's Jay.. no idea which movie that's from but I love Dogma and often visit Kevin Smith's (Silent Bob) website.

Mike_Wiseman said:
hehe, one of my favorite movies :yell:
|
\/
 
0
•••
Most likely that's from Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back...one of the funniest movies ever made.

Ok try this one it's medium for difficulty.
 
0
•••
Omega Man is my guess... based on "I Am Legend"

Here's one from a movie that is often compared to the Matrix in theme..

see attachment.


labrocca said:
Ok try this one it's medium for difficulty.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
the last one is ExistenZ
i forget the actresses name, and I could look it up on IMDB, but there is no point in that.

I looked it up: Jennifer Jason Leigh
 
0
•••
Yeah that's Existenz with Jude Law..I own that DVD. It's a great movie.


Also my last movie was The Omega Man. Campy Sci-fi but it's great to watch Heston act.

OK this time I am gonna try and stump you.
 
0
•••
Doesn't look the least bit familiar but I'm guessing:

To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar

hehe (never saw that movie, but it looks like a guy in drag to me)

Here's another from me.. see attachment.

labrocca said:
OK this time I am gonna try and stump you.
 
0
•••
hehe...I figured that would stump you.

CLUE: The person is William Dafoe.
 
0
•••
Hm, no idea.. other than White Sands, Temptation of Christ, and Platoon, Willem Dafoe has never been a favorite of mine.

labrocca said:
hehe...I figured that would stump you.

CLUE: The person is William Dafoe.
 
0
•••
Labrocca - Boondock Saints.

EDIT: and DG - Donnie Darko?
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Is that Patrick Swayze? His career is in the toilet...not sure what movie that is though.
 
0
•••
labrocca said:
Is that Patrick Swayze? His career is in the toilet...not sure what movie that is though.
Yep it is. The only movie of his I've seen is Donnie Darko, I'm not sure that's what it is though.
 
0
•••
Yup.. Donnie Darko (great flick)


B33R said:
EDIT: and DG - Donnie Darko?
 
0
•••
dgridley said:
Yup.. Donnie Darko (great flick)
Woohoo! 2 for 2. :)

As I said in my last post it's the only movie of his I've seen! One of my favorite movies.
 
0
•••
It's more Jake Gyllenhal's movie, of course..

B33R said:
Yep it is. The only movie of his I've seen is Donnie Darko, I'm not sure that's what it is though.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back