IT.COM

Your Favorite Movie?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Aspiring Billionaire

Established Member
Impact
I really enjoy watching movies (and series) and have a stronger connection with it compared to reading books. I like books, but movies and series rock! In fact, even telenovelas have me hooked on a time-schedule. And seeing as how lucrative this growing industry is, I'm guessing I'm not the only one.

I find that there are messages, lessons, and the like in movies (obviously relative to the person watching the movie). For example, the writer or director may have a particular message that they hope to share with the audience, but because people generally think and see things differently, there are things that some might find useful that others fail to see, and vice-versa.

Also, there are times that a movie simply helps compliment a mood that one finds him/herself in, like a feel-good-movie (sunshine, green-grass, a college-scene, etc.) or a comedy for instance.

Another factor that plays a role "for me" is how open one is to accepting or reading (between the lines so to speak) into the movie at the time of watching it. For example, when you're tired or distracted you may not receive the movie in the same way you would compared to when you're well rested and perceptive (or perhaps even experiencing an event in your life at the time) - the psychology behind how cinemas are setup I guess.

So to get the ball rolling, here's mine. My favorite movie of all time (thus far) is:

Movie: The Butterfly Effect (Ashton Kutcher).
Why: The concept of time-travel fascinates me, and linked to how delicate timing and fate is (generally speaking) - I find the idea behind the story/movie to be nothing short of awesome!

What's Your favorite movie, and why? Feel free to add any other comments.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Way too many good films to pick a single fave, same with music/bands/songs they all invoke different moods and thoughts etc.

From Blazing Saddles/Airplane, Batman (sole, not the latest tripe superman vs), everything Clint Eastwood ever did barring one or two, Jaws (we're gonna need a bigger thread :D), The Flight, The Lincoln Lawyer, Apocalypto, so many...

The Bourne series would probably come close to being a fave choice, if I had to. The first three were amazing films. As would The Raid/The raid 2...And Lord of the Rings trilogy, pretty much as good as fantasy gets.

I watched one recently that I found really interesting:
The man from Earth
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0756683/

Last edited:
•••
Way too many good films to pick a single fave, same with music/bands/songs they all invoke different moods and thoughts etc.

From Blazing Saddles/Airplane, Batman (sole, not the latest tripe superman vs), everything Clint Eastwood ever did barring one or two, Jaws (we're gonna need a bigger thread :D), The Flight, The Lincoln Lawyer, Apocalypto, so many...

The Bourne series would probably come close to being a fave choice, if I had to. The first three were amazing films. As would The Raid/The raid 2...And Lord of the Rings trilogy, pretty much as good as fantasy gets.

I watched one recently that I found really interesting:
The man from Earth
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0756683/
I totally agree with what you've said, the diverse affects these arts have on different individuals is truly something awesome. I'll add The Man From Earth to my must-see list ;)

•••
Braveheart

! don't remember how many times I've seen it!

•••
Braveheart

! don't remember how many times I've seen it!
Nice once, I must admit that I watched it more than once myself ;)

•••
•••
Snatch and V for Vendetta
Good choices. I like Snatch, Brad Pitt is one of my favorite actors. Thanks for the share ;)

•••
Waiting For Forever, not a fan of this kind of movies, but this movie describes very well probably my favourite part of my life. *sigh*

•••
Waiting For Forever, not a fan of this kind of movies, but this movie describes very well probably my favourite part of my life. *sigh*
I'm definitely up for a romantic movie when the opportunity presents itself. I'll add this to my must-see list. Thanks for the share ;)

•••
Doctor Strangelove
Body Heat
Spring Breakers
Whose Afraid of Virginia Wolfe?
2001: A Space Odyssey
The Boys in the Band
My Fair Lady
Obsession
Anne of the Thousand Days
Choose Me

•••
Doctor Strangelove
Body Heat
Spring Breakers
Whose Afraid of Virginia Wolfe?
2001: A Space Odyssey
The Boys in the Band
My Fair Lady
Obsession
Anne of the Thousand Days
Choose Me
Nice list. I've watched a few of them, and will add the rest to my must-see list. Thanks for the share ;)

•••
Forgot about this one, one of my favorite Cary Grants movie

"Room for one more"
A story about adoption and family life, kinda of a tear jerker. Its on at noon today TCM gonna watch it again

•••
Gladiator followed closely by Braveheart

•••
Apollo 13,
Pulp Fiction,
Grave of fireflies
illusionist(french)
PushpaK(India)
Siging in the rain
Prestige
theory of everything
Black hawk down

there are alot
i dont think anybody can jus pick one if ur true movie fanatics... i mostly like Biopics or Scifi/fantasy

•••
deja vu
man on fire
equalizer

urmm .. mostly denzel washington movies

•••
The Man from Earth - 2007
Fight Club - 1999
Leap Year - 2010
The Social Network - 2010
Shawshank Redemption - 1994
Primal Fear - 1996
Limitless - 2011
A Beautiful Mind - 2001
Troy - 2004

Johnny Gaddar (Hindi) - 2007
Pushpak - 1987

Last edited:
•••
Dazed and Confused with Matthew McConaughey,

It takes me back to some good memories of my own during the 70's

Last edited:
•••
SAW I-VII

like the plot stories, and i like GORE

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back