IT.COM

Greetings to all NP members - One question please?

NameSilo
Watch

Nameinnovators

Impact
Hello to all NP members

I have joined this community to explore opportunities to learn more and more about domaining and if get a chance to invest in domains as well!

As the first step towards, learning, I got one advice to explore and understand which domain names are getting sold and if there are getting sold at higher/lower prices, what is the reason for that? So, I was looking into the Top Sales for May 12th, 2023. I just wanted to understand, why domains like these:-, sold on higher prices?
883.cc$55,500GoDaddy
hopesandfears.com$26,800GoDaddy
popups.com$17,001NameJet
greenelephant.com$12,200GoDaddy
thehearth.com
$11,750GoDaddy
Really looking forward to learning and interacting with you all

Thank you!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Popups should have sold for more.
I can see this being an anti-ad website.

Thehearth? Boosted by “The” DNs. “The” is hot! The problem is i wouldnt pay $11,750 even “Hearth.com”!

Focus on .com and ignore Pseudo-ext such as cc. That leaves Greenelephant and hopesandfears as the last two domains i have no explaination for. Welcome to NP!

I really believe “Popups” is priceless. Admit you hate popup ads, LOL. $17,001 for popups can be a steal if it ends up being a Norton antivirus product or competitor.

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
The .cc I have no idea, popups.com could have sold for way more, maybe as a software/plugin to make popups?

The other 3 seems like they were bought with a brand in mind already, and the .com made the price justified.

•••
Upvote 0
Popups should have sold for more.
I can see this being an anti-ad website.

Thehearth? Boosted by “The” DNs. “The” is hot! The problem is i wouldnt pay $11,750 even “Hearth.com”!

Focus on .com and ignore Pseudo-ext such as cc. That leaves Greenelephant and hopesandfears as the last two domains i have no explaination for. Welcome to NP!

I really believe “Popups” is priceless. Admit you hate popup ads, LOL. $17,001 for popups can be a steal if it ends up being a Norton antivirus product or competitor.
Agreed! :xf.smile: Thanks a lot!

•••
Upvote 0
The .cc I have no idea, popups.com could have sold for way more, maybe as a software/plugin to make popups?

The other 3 seems like they were bought with a brand in mind already, and the .com made the price justified.
Thank you!

•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
cartoon-military-general-salute.jpg

•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
Hello and welcome to namepros 🙏

Regarding the following 2 domains so far left unexplained, I will try to provide some of my insights.

GreenElephant.com - Registered in 61 extensions. A good enough reason to go for 12200$. You may also see the mathematical correlation between price and extensions registered here. 12200/61 = 200$. It's not always true but per extension price normally tends to go higher with more extensions. Although, there is no set rule.

HopesAndFears.com - Registered in 5 extensions. Here the sale of 26800$ cannot be justified with number of extensions registered. But there are multiple other factors with this one as it's a SEO based domain name.

1) Age - 21 Years

2) Majestic Data - TF/CF - 20/23, BL - Over 50K, Unique BL - About 10K.

3) Archive.org

1685065059519.png

Thats a beautiful picture above 👆😍

Hope it helps.. Best of luck 👍

•••
Upvote 0
Re 883, NNN names sell for a lot in the .cc extension. Numerics are popular mainly in Asian market.

Over the past 3 years NameBio show 55 sales of NNN .cc with an average price of just over $8000 each. Why so much? Demand for numerics and the limited supply of short numerics.

The fact that .cc is an easy to remember extension, repeated c with many possible applied meanings, is stable, administered by a branch of Verisign, same company that administers .com and .net. Also, attractive as investment since as far as I know no names have premium renewal, renewals are inexpensive.

Why did this one go for more? Probably because 8 is considered a lucky number and the repeated 8 made the number easier to remember. It is the highest NNN in .cc of last 3 years, at least listed on NameBio. It is perhaps noteworthy that the highest 4 sales of NNN.cc from the last 3 years all happened within the past 3 months.

As just pointed out, HopesAndFears was a heavily developed site since late 2012, especially during past year, and probably went for so much due to SEO potential benefits. So one should not regard it so much as the name alone worth the price it sold at, but rather the name with its link profile and reputation.

-Bob

PS Welcome to NamePros, @Nameinnovators !

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
Hello and welcome to namepros 🙏

Regarding the following 2 domains so far left unexplained, I will try to provide some of my insights.

GreenElephant.com - Registered in 61 extensions. A good enough reason to go for 12200$. You may also see the mathematical correlation between price and extensions registered here. 12200/61 = 200$. It's not always true but per extension price normally tends to go higher with more extensions. Although, there is no set rule.

HopesAndFears.com - Registered in 5 extensions. Here the sale of 26800$ cannot be justified with number of extensions registered. But there are multiple other factors with this one as it's a SEO based domain name.

1) Age - 21 Years

2) Majestic Data - TF/CF - 20/23, BL - Over 50K, Unique BL - About 10K.

3) Archive.org

Show attachment 238353

Thats a beautiful picture above 👆😍

Hope it helps.. Best of luck 👍
Thank you so much! That's a wonderful insights!

•••
Upvote 0
Re 883, NNN names sell for a lot in the .cc extension. Numerics are popular mainly in Asian market.

Over the past 3 years NameBio show 55 sales of NNN .cc with an average price of just over $8000 each. Why so much? Demand for numerics and the limited supply of short numerics.

The fact that .cc is an easy to remember extension, repeated c with many possible applied meanings, is stable, administered by a branch of Verisign, same company that administers .com and .net. Also, attractive as investment since as far as I know no names have premium renewal, renewals are inexpensive.

Why did this one go for more? Probably because 8 is considered a lucky number and the repeated 8 made the number easier to remember. It is the highest NNN in .cc of last 3 years, at least listed on NameBio. It is perhaps noteworthy that the highest 4 sales of NNN.cc from the last 3 years all happened within the past 3 months.

As just pointed out, HopesAndFears was a heavily developed site since late 2012, especially during past year, and probably went for so much due to SEO potential benefits. So one should not regard it so much as the name alone worth the price it sold at, but rather the name with its link profile and reputation.

-Bob
Thanks @Bob Hawkes . These are really noteworthy points!

•••
Upvote 0
I personally don't have any problem with seeing Thehearth.com at 11k. I think it is a good and sensible buy . It would certainly make for a great Restaurant or Pub name (with a hearth in place) If your spending upwards of a million (or several) on a business like that 11k is small change. An original genuine old world iron hearth would cost you more than that.

Lets not forget Modern Hearths are centre-pieces for many modern living spaces. Very expensive . The usage list can go on and on. I think it was a bargain at 11k.

There's not one domain on that short list that doesn't justify its price. Anybody even thinking of coming into domains should be able to connect with those values immediately. Until you can do that your going to remain lost as to domain values

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
I personally don't have any problem with seeing Thehearth.com at 11k. I think it is a good and sensible buy . It would certainly make for a great Restaurant or Pub name (with a hearth in place) If your spending upwards of a million (or several) on a business like that 11k is small change. An original genuine old world iron hearth would cost you more than that.

Lets not forget Modern Hearths are centre-pieces for many modern living spaces. Very expensive . The usage list can go on and on. I think it was a bargain at 11k.

There's not one domain on that short list that doesn't justify its price. Anybody even thinking of coming into domains should be able to connect with those values immediately. Until you can do that your going to remain lost as to domain values
Noted. Thank you!

•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
Back